PDA

View Full Version : Madden 13 Demo comes out tomorrow

Future24
08-13-2012, 06:47 PM
The demo, which will be available as a free download on Tuesday, August 14, will offer two Play Now matchups. The first is a rematch of last season's NFC Championship game between the New York Giants and San Francisco 49ers. You can get a sneak peek at the intro of the game in the trailer above. The second matchup will give players their first look at Robert Griffin III in a game between the Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks.

The demo includes the redesigned pregame presentation as well as all of the new gameplay mechanics in Madden NFL 13 including Total Control Passing; the Ball Hawk mechanic, play action abort, use of Kinect functionality on Xbox 360 only, and the Infinity Engine. Other features in the demo include the new Main Menu Action Grid, new theme music, improved lighting with HDR, motion blur, and an instant replay overhaul.

The demo is an entire game with 5 minute quarters, and you can choose difficulty, EA explained. Madden NFL 13 Game Face will also be accessible in the demo allowing you to create yourself for use in the full version of the game when it releases later this month. For the first time, you'll be able to put yourself in the game as a player or coach using your Game Face.

This demo will determine if I buy or not. srs. They better make the demo amazing. I played last years demo after all the talk that 12 was different than 11. The demo felt just like 11. I thought to myself "must be because its just a demo...full game will be different"

I was wrong.

Backus21
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Completely forgot about the demo. Im really looking forward to the game for the connected careers. I know there are some missing pieces to the new game but Im really excited, but not as excited as I am for the new NBA 2K game in October

BenadrylBandit
08-13-2012, 06:55 PM
In same boat as you. Demo will determine if I buy, this is the most hyped Madden in a long time.

Trapstar4.4
08-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Going to give this demo a shot. I would really like to play football on my ps3 this year. Don't fck this up EA

regGQ
08-13-2012, 06:57 PM
I'm really only getting it if the ratings are better than 12s. If not I'll just wait for NBA 2K13 which I know is gonna be solid sports game.

still gonna DL this demo tho. read they have RG3 as the fasted QB in the game tho....strong disrespect to MV7

yup89
08-13-2012, 06:58 PM
does this mean it will be available at mid night?

nomsaying
08-13-2012, 07:01 PM
****in Sony, never updates store at midnight most likely 4pm eastern tomorrow

BornAChampion
08-13-2012, 07:09 PM

Yeah brah, 12 AM EST for 360. Not sure about PS3.

BenadrylBandit
08-13-2012, 07:11 PM

No xbox updates their servers at 2 or 3am PST. So expect it up sometime between 5-6am EST.

Future24
08-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah brah, 12 AM EST for 360. Not sure about PS3.

No xbox updates their servers at 2 or 3am PST. So expect it up sometime between 5-6am EST.Now we have a dilemma.

IawI
08-13-2012, 07:19 PM
My body is ready. I'm really good at Madden, so I enjoy the game. If you suck at the game, you typically don't like it.

I've been raping people with the Seahawks on 12 recently. Just went on a 10 game win streak with them. Oh lawd dat defense.

regGQ
08-13-2012, 07:24 PM
My body is ready. I'm really good at Madden, so I enjoy the game. If you suck at the game, you typically don't like it.

I've been raping people with the Seahawks on 12 recently. Just went on a 10 game win streak with them. Oh lawd dat defense.
Madden is a game that's so hard to be good at, one dumb mistake can make the difference in a win or loss. Like I consider myself to be pretty good with a 200-100 record srs (something like that I haven't played since April) with 15~ losses being from network issues. Mind = blown at dudes that have like 80% win ratios

yes I've played that much
inb4 that's garbage.

BenadrylBandit
Now we have a dilemma.

I know for a fact it isn't 12am EST, stayed up last year waiting for NHL 12 demo and other times before that. Normally disappointed by like 2am so I just give up and download in the AM.

12am PST is more realistic since their HQ is located on the WC.

Future24

I've been raping people with the Seahawks on 12 recently. Just went on a 10 game win streak with them. Oh lawd dat defense.Not a fan of Madden online. I played 1 game with Madden 12 online and the kid left half way through the 2nd qtr because I was winning 21-0. Never went back. I only care about gameplay and franchise

YesWayNoWeigh
08-13-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm really only getting it if the ratings are better than 12s. If not I'll just wait for NBA 2K13 which I know is gonna be solid sports game.

still gonna DL this demo tho. read they have RG3 as the fasted QB in the game tho....strong disrespect to MV7http://j.wigflip.com/xEpNTO9A/roflbot.jpg

cor030
08-13-2012, 07:30 PM
will say I will not be playing this years game

will end up buying when I'm walking around best buy one day

Impurityz
08-13-2012, 07:36 PM
I bought madden 12 for 10 bucks earlier this year lol
I started to not buy these games anymore

UncertainPerson
08-13-2012, 07:46 PM
havent gotten a madden since 08, so im definitely interested

Goby
08-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Stop buying these **** games you dumb fuks

They just take out features just to put them in the next year's version. Not to mention **** gameplay.

Can't even edit players at all in this one.

IawI
08-13-2012, 08:12 PM

They just take out features just to put them in the next year's version. Not to mention **** gameplay.

Goby pls.

The gameplay is sh*tty because you suck at the game.

cor030
08-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Goby pls.

The actual game play is fine, it's the lack of improvements to my favorite mode(franchise obv) that make me skeptical. I'll def end up buying it when the price drops, though.

BenadrylBandit
08-13-2012, 08:17 PM
The actual game play is fine, it's the lack of improvements to my favorite mode(franchise obv) that make me skeptical. I'll def end up buying it when the price drops, though.

Haven't read much about the new franchise mode, but sounds like they butchered it. Can't even do a fantasy draft.

BenadrylBandit
08-13-2012, 08:18 PM

http://www.gamesprays.com/files/resource_media/preview/dolan-duck-gooby-pls-6689_preview.jpg

JaxBrah
08-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Ill try it but i think everyone in this thread knowsin their hearts that it will be terrible.

Goby
08-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Goby pls.

I guarantee I could beat you.

I rock at Madden. And I only use my ****ty Browns.

Sorry but WR's running out of bounds and CB's and LB's making bull**** INT's are absurd.

Not to mention PA passes being pointless.

KrnZippo
08-13-2012, 08:57 PM
4 more minutes to see if it's released at midnight.

IawI
08-13-2012, 08:58 PM
I guarantee I could beat you.

I rock at Madden. And I only use my ****ty Browns.

Sorry but WR's running out of bounds and CB's and LB's making bull**** INT's are absurd.

Not to mention PA passes being pointless.

No you could not. If you really tried me with the Browns I would bet my whole bank account and give you a 21 point spread.

JaxBrah
08-13-2012, 09:14 PM
No you could not. If you really tried me with the Browns I would bet my whole bank account and give you a 21 point spread.

Lol ive never played in a tourney but consider my self decent but i would take that bet in a heartbeat without ever seeing you play.

In a no-cheese match theres no way anyone on this board would beat me by 21. Im not saying you arent a good player but thats a bad bet for you unless you cheese

IawI
08-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Lol ive never played in a tourney but consider my self decent but i would take that bet in a heartbeat without ever seeing you play.

In a no-cheese match theres no way anyone on this board would beat me by 21. Im not saying you arent a good player but thats a bad bet for you unless you cheese

If he was using the Browns, and I could use whoever I wanted, I would make that bet.

Not sure what you exactly mean by cheesing. I block kicks, and I will run the same play over and over again if you cannot stop it.

If you have a ps3 I'll play you right now.

Future24
08-13-2012, 09:29 PM
If he was using the Browns, and I could use whoever I wanted, I would make that bet.

Not sure what you exactly mean by cheesing. I block kicks, and I will run the same play over and over again if you cannot stop it.

If you have a ps3 I'll play you right now.http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/americancheese.jpg

BornAChampion
08-13-2012, 09:34 PM
http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/americancheese.jpg

Brah, can you let me know what in the fuk your avatar is?

Future24
08-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Brah, can you let me know what in the fuk your avatar is?Me doing tire flips.

BenadrylBandit
08-13-2012, 09:39 PM
yall n*ggas cheesing in a cheesy bread

BornAChampion
08-13-2012, 09:41 PM
yall n*ggas cheesing in a cheesy bread

http://mlblogsredstatebluestate.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/ugly_girl.jpeg

Jason155
08-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Pretty fun game - I have played the demo. Not sure if I'll buy it or not.

BornAChampion
08-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Pretty fun game - I have played the demo. Not sure if I'll buy it or not.

How'd you play it? Which system?

wo0t
08-13-2012, 09:51 PM
will buy in a few months for $30 used.

JaxBrah
08-13-2012, 09:55 PM
will buy in a few months for $30 used.

Lol you mean $54.99?

MurkinSeason
08-13-2012, 10:17 PM
It better be good brahs.. or ill just dedicate my life to 2k13.

Drake27
08-13-2012, 10:24 PM
will download the full game for my chipped xbox and pay $10 for the online pass

**** paying EA

TommyStarwind
08-13-2012, 10:25 PM
will download the full game for my chipped xbox and pay $10 for the online pass

**** paying EA

who ya payin the 10 to then?

sups31
08-13-2012, 10:42 PM
my angus is ready

cor030
08-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Last years cheese play was toss to a quick rb(brb everyone using chiefs). Was sooooo easy to stop and usually meant an easy win.

Madsen89
08-13-2012, 10:51 PM
Last years cheese play was toss to a quick rb(brb everyone using chiefs). Was sooooo easy to stop and usually meant an easy win.

One time a guy completely demolished me in Madden 10 using the Panthers and Matt Moore. He scrambled almost every play.

Masstastic
08-13-2012, 11:50 PM

Actually the worst cheesing I've ever dealt with was these 2 players:

-Philadelphia Eagles being run by Chip Kelly guy.....This is the dude who picks the Eagles and runs no huddle all ****ing game with the offense with Maclin & D-Jax on deep routes throwing it deep hoping they run under it. When that fails he just scrambles around with Vick until he gets hurt like a retard.

-Get within the 20 yard line and throw it up to my 6'3+ receiver guy.....Self explanatory. This is the dude who realizes he could end up with a FG so he has to cheat the game by running the same route over and over again to get his WR to make the jumping catch for the TD.

I literally raged so hard after a game ended on a play like that I threw my controller against the wall and for the last few months the battery part hasn't been stable. brb running the ball and the controller disconnects.

xzp
08-14-2012, 12:03 AM
Actually the worst cheesing I've ever dealt with was these 2 players:

-Philadelphia Eagles being run by Chip Kelly guy.....This is the dude who picks the Eagles and runs no huddle all ****ing game with the offense with Maclin & D-Jax on deep routes throwing it deep hoping they run under it. When that fails he just scrambles around with Vick until he gets hurt like a retard.

-Get within the 20 yard line and throw it up to my 6'3+ receiver guy.....Self explanatory. This is the dude who realizes he could end up with a FG so he has to cheat the game by running the same route over and over again to get his WR to make the jumping catch for the TD.

I literally raged so hard after a game ended on a play like that I threw my controller against the wall and for the last few months the battery part hasn't been stable. brb running the ball and the controller disconnects.

I never got why people abuse the game like that.
They think it's special..lol no sh*t I can rocket catch and nano blitz. But then I'm not really playing a football like game. It's just a button mashing game.

1 on 1, without any bs, I'm the legit mike martz or sean payton offensively in madden lol.
Brb using the Raiders, and 4838355569 different audibles, formations, and hot routes to confuse the sh*t out of you and pick up easy 1st downs.

bigcc
08-14-2012, 12:04 AM
excited that the seahawks are in the demo, wish I could take a look at franchise mode though as that's primarily what I play

JaxBrah
08-14-2012, 12:32 AM
I never got why people abuse the game like that.
They think it's special..lol no sh*t I can rocket catch and nano blitz. But then I'm not really playing a football like game. It's just a button mashing game.

1 on 1, without any bs, I'm the legit mike martz or sean payton offensively in madden lol.
Brb using the Raiders, and 4838355569 different audibles, formations, and hot routes to confuse the sh*t out of you and pick up easy 1st downs.

No hate on you personally but i hate phaggots on madden that audible every single play and call 3 hot routes every fuking time. Just pick what you want at the playcall screen. I consider it cheesing because its incredibly easy to take advantage of the cpu CBs with hot routes.

I never call hot routes at all unless its third down and im down on the scoreboard. And i always start the game using gameflow on first and 2nd down every series. I only pick my own play on 3rd downs and possibly later on in the game if im losing. I do that because there are soooooo many money plays in madden and its way too easy to score by picking you own play. I prefer the challenge and sim style of gameflow

bigcc
08-14-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm still waiting for the day some phaggot at EA discovers a way to make PA plays useful

Gris419
08-14-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm still waiting for the day some phaggot at EA discovers a way to make PA plays useful

NCAA 13 > Madden 12

Haven't played Madden 13 yet though. So far though NCAA's engine is better from what I have seen IMO.

NoS_oUtLaSt
08-14-2012, 12:48 AM
given up on EA. its just time to scrap the engine and restart. Every game feels the same and its so easy to tell what the defense is in presnap etc. And hell man coverage always gets burnt and then if you play a cheeser online and run zone they can always find the hole which you can stop user controling one side then they just abuse the other side of the field. Game just lost its fun to me. Honestly would rather they just come out with a new NFL Street. At least i knew that game wasn't supposed to be too realistic and could have fun f'n around with it

Masstastic
08-14-2012, 12:50 AM
No hate on you personally but i hate phaggots on madden that audible every single play and call 3 hot routes every fuking time. Just pick what you want at the playcall screen. I consider it cheesing because its incredibly easy to take advantage of the cpu CBs with hot routes.

I never call hot routes at all unless its third down and im down on the scoreboard. And i always start the game using gameflow on first and 2nd down every series. I only pick my own play on 3rd downs and possibly later on in the game if im losing. I do that because there are soooooo many money plays in madden and its way too easy to score by picking you own play. I prefer the challenge and sim style of gameflow

I dont understand this tho.

Hot routes/audibles are way more frequent at the LOS in real life than they are in video games.

I dont really think its cheesing to recognize if its a zone or man coverage and adjust the routes accordingly.

cor030
08-14-2012, 12:53 AM
I dont understand this tho.

Hot routes/audibles are way more frequent at the LOS in real life than they are in video games.

I dont really think its cheesing to recognize if its a zone or man coverage and adjust the routes accordingly.

This. Has Peyton Manning ever ran a play exactly how it was designed?

InnerThighChafe
08-14-2012, 12:58 AM
This. Has Peyton Manning ever ran a play exactly how it was designed?I know what you mean, but most of the stuff Peyton is saying is just random words. Hes not audibling most of the time.

cor030
08-14-2012, 01:06 AM
I know what you mean, but most of the stuff Peyton is saying is just random words. Hes not audibling most of the time.

He may not be changing plays but he's not just saying random words. He gets up there and picks apart what defenses are doing. Calls out potential blitzes, zones, etc.

Masstastic
08-14-2012, 01:09 AM
I know what you mean, but most of the stuff Peyton is saying is just random words. Hes not audibling most of the time.

Those random words are his audibles. Just code words for certain ****.

I remember one of those ESPN features on it a few years ago and guys like Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, etc were saying he audibles a play up to 3 times at the line depending on what he sees and everyone has to be alert to the changes.

Peyton is a QB robot.

BunkMoreland
08-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Madden sucks ass. Competition breeds advancement, since EA became sole provider for nfl gaming, the progression/evolution has stalled.

cor030
08-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Those random words are his audibles. Just code words for certain ****.

I remember one of those ESPN features on it a few years ago and guys like Joseph Addai, Dallas Clark, etc were saying he audibles a play up to 3 times at the line depending on what he sees and everyone has to be alert to the changes.

Peyton is a QB robot.

Yep. For example, you hear him screaming "DINNER AT WAFFLE HOUSE, PANCAKES, COCONUTS" and it's really "WEAK SIDE BLITZ, PEPPER YOUR ANGUS"

IawI
08-14-2012, 01:27 AM
given up on EA. its just time to scrap the engine and restart. Every game feels the same and its so easy to tell what the defense is in presnap etc. And hell man coverage always gets burnt and then if you play a cheeser online and run zone they can always find the hole which you can stop user controling one side then they just abuse the other side of the field. Game just lost its fun to me. Honestly would rather they just come out with a new NFL Street. At least i knew that game wasn't supposed to be too realistic and could have fun f'n around with it

You just suck at the game. If you play with the right team, man coverage is dominate. If you play with the right team, zone coverage is dominate. You may have to adjust some of the zones and drop some lineman, but it's possible to have a very good pass defense playing zone coverage. It doesn't matter if the opponent knows what you're doing if you execute.

For example: Let's say we're doing Ravens vs. Packers and I'm the Ravens.

I'm playing you man coverage 90% of the game because the Ravens corners are so good. 2 man under from different formations depending on how many receivers you have on the field, and press coverage because with 2 man under, even if your receiver initially beats the press, it won't be a touchdown. Ed Reed might even pick it.

I'm putting
Webb on Jennings
Jimmy Smith on Nelson
Caryn Williams on Finley
Dominique Foxworth on Driver

Smith and Webb should shut down the 2 big receivers, you're main priority needs to be stopping Finley. You may have to drop would be blitzing lineman into coverage and have a QB spy to make sure Rodgers doesn't run on you, but it's fairly easy to do.

bigcc
08-14-2012, 01:53 AM
ok soooo when the fukk is the demo actually being released?

Madsen89
08-14-2012, 02:39 AM
You just suck at the game. If you play with the right team, man coverage is dominate. If you play with the right team, zone coverage is dominate. You may have to adjust some of the zones and drop some lineman, but it's possible to have a very good pass defense playing zone coverage. It doesn't matter if the opponent knows what you're doing if you execute.

I'm playing you man coverage 90% of the game because the Ravens corners are so good. 2 man under from different formations depending on how many receivers you have on the field, and press coverage because with 2 man under, even if your receiver initially beats the press, it won't be a touchdown. Ed Reed might even pick it.

I'm putting
Webb on Jennings
Jimmy Smith on Nelson
Caryn Williams on Finley

Smith and Webb should shut down the 2 big receivers, you're main priority needs to be stopping Finley. You may have to drop would be blitzing lineman into coverage and have a QB spy to make sure Rodgers doesn't run on you, but it's fairly easy to do.

You're going to run vanilla man coverage vs Green Bay? Good luck.

I can picture it now, 4 straight run plays/check downs for 6-10 yards each, followed by PA pass to Nelson. Not to mention the fact that you are going to get completely roasted on slant and post/corner routes.

*Mike Mayock/Expert Analysis*

yourname2221
08-14-2012, 02:43 AM
Haven't read much about the new franchise mode, but sounds like they butchered it. Can't even do a fantasy draft.

if this is true i will not be buying.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8869432.page

will be waiting for 2k13 it seems

regGQ
08-14-2012, 04:05 AM
is it out on PSN yet

Impurityz
08-14-2012, 05:53 AM

I can picture it now, 4 straight run plays/check downs for 6-10 yards each, followed by PA pass to Nelson. Not to mention the fact that you are going to get completely roasted on slant and post/corner routes.

if the person on defense is even relatively decent, PA will never work

monsterBEN
08-14-2012, 06:03 AM
The last Madden I bought was '10 and I only played it for like a month. I played '8 and '9 a TON... Maybe I'll d/l this and think about '13.

Impurityz
08-14-2012, 06:32 AM
just downloaded it, first play is a kick return for a TD (seahawks)

will rate it later

this game blows, im turning it off.
audibles are complete crap
kicking system is crap
looks cheesy

turned it off at half I was winning 21-0 but, it wasn't any fun

TehScoTTmA
08-14-2012, 06:56 AM
Madden brah checking in.

t100 in Madden 10
t25 in Madden 11
t50 in Madden 12

T10 in community.

As long as my signature toss n pound offense is still successful then i will be good. Defense is my specialty

avaela
08-14-2012, 06:56 AM
lame game is lame, feels like an arcade game, looks like crap, demo crashed me after scoring on a last second qb sneak to win the game. the running, movement and tackling is horrible

waytoodeep03
08-14-2012, 07:45 AM
EA messed up on this. This madden is bad as that NBA ELite game. No way this is the finished product.

FryDude
08-14-2012, 07:45 AM
sigh I had high hopes for this

AFSFK
08-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Will only be purchasing NHL and Fifa 13'

Trapstar4.4
08-14-2012, 08:08 AM
come on guys? that bad? :(

fck i will download it today or tomorrow. will probably end up waiting for nba 2k13...

i havent played in years, so maybe it wont be so bad for me..hmm

BMatt
08-14-2012, 08:08 AM
Is it that bad?

I was looking forward to going home and downloading this..

Guess not lol.

regGQ
08-14-2012, 08:26 AM
fuark at these comments, will still download but I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

new ps3 no games yet was looking forward to this, might just buy another copy of 2k12 until 2k13 comes out...

sups31
08-14-2012, 08:45 AM
downloading now

blackstarboy10
08-14-2012, 09:01 AM
will try demo, but the past 2 maddens have sucked a$$.

NJLife
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
im liking ncaa13. that game is better than madden 12 was. gonna dl madden13 right now. maybe they are trying to sabotage the game

monsterBEN
08-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Is it out for PS3? If so, can't find it.

sups31
08-14-2012, 09:22 AM
fukkin LMAO @ the coaches bodies. they must shrug over 1000 pounds

liftTENhard
08-14-2012, 09:30 AM
lol @ everyone sayin it sucks

its a demo not the full game calm the fuk down.

on that note the runnin is alot better now the running back actually has alot better animation when he breaks free from a tackle.

u cant do the slant out route anymore(which was a glitch play anyways)

If u think u have the best user skills in madden 12....... 13 is going to make u feel like a noob

most of the people who say it suck are the people who suck at the game..... the game is meant to be played @ the ALL-madden setting if u cant play it on that then dont even bother playing online

but anyways like last year going to start up a online franchise....... if 13 has one......
or the online connected careers
anyone wana play?

regGQ
08-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Is it out for PS3? If so, can't find it.
not yet...usually update around 2pm ET

dan213
08-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Did they actually work on the game or did they spend the entire year making useless changes (like going crazy with the pregame intros).

CBN180
08-14-2012, 09:56 AM
My thoughts after playing a couple games:
- These new commentators are annoying and too dull
- All-Madden is nearly impossible, the recievers drop every pass even without being hit
- RG3 is going to be extremely over used in this years game [93 speed, good accuracy too]
- Some of the new running animations are cool
- IDGAF what the demo is like, because at the end of the day I buy madden every year.

Impurityz
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM
lol @ everyone sayin it sucks

its a demo not the full game calm the fuk down.

on that note the runnin is alot better now the running back actually has alot better animation when he breaks free from a tackle.

u cant do the slant out route anymore(which was a glitch play anyways)

If u think u have the best user skills in madden 12....... 13 is going to make u feel like a noob

most of the people who say it suck are the people who suck at the game..... the game is meant to be played @ the ALL-madden setting if u cant play it on that then dont even bother playing online

but anyways like last year going to start up a online franchise....... if 13 has one......
or the online connected careers
anyone wana play?

lol the demo is trash, I feel like I am playing an arcade game
why keep switching the kicking every year?
A slant route is a glitch? lol sure sometimes you could use it in a bunch formation and get good separation, but slants are a corner stone route in the nfl.
First play on All-madden I ran back a kickoff for a TD and it wasn't even difficult.
Audibles are a huge part of the competitive competition and they seem like trash.

You would think the interface would also be a lot better considering its 2012.
Madden 12 rapes this demo and that is bad.

And although it is a demo, you can understand how the game play goes from it. I saw some of the dumbest tackling animations as well.

sloppyjoe1
08-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Here's a video going over the problems. Just based on this I will probably not buy.

ONCPqmOg_FQ

avaela
08-14-2012, 10:09 AM
Madden 11>Madden 12>Madden 13, don't remember how the games were before that

AirCanada
08-14-2012, 10:13 AM
The only sports game EA actually makes well is Fifa...Last good NFL game out was NFL 2k5.

sups31
08-14-2012, 10:25 AM
lol @ everyone trashing the demo, acting like they haven't played a ton of games on it already.

Hoop_Dreams
08-14-2012, 10:36 AM
There's actually a ton of cool animations that they added this year. I caught a pass with Crabtree who ended up awkwardly doing the splits after getting blasted.

Things I don't like:

-The field looks like shyt to me.
-The playart looks oldschool as fck, feels like I'm playing Madden '02.
-You can't manually move blitzers. They return back to their original positions. Gonna have to be extra creative to find heat this year.

Gameplay feels smooth, I'm diggin it.

GetBigyo
08-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Here's a video going over the problems. Just based on this I will probably not buy.

ONCPqmOg_FQ
This guy is bitching about things most people won't even notice unless you do replays every play.

Who the **** cares if a WR's legs don't fall down the right way? I didn't even notice until he showed the replay.

YesWayNoWeigh
08-14-2012, 10:39 AM

ONCPqmOg_FQits a demo of course its gonna be glitchy.. but how the fuk do you hot route on offense either im dumb or they dun goofd hard

sloppyjoe1
08-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Brahs, every single madden that comes out we always say "it's just a demo"..and then the game comes out and it sucks, then we rant and rave about how the next madden is going to be the best and the cycle repeats. See the common trend here?

NJLife
08-14-2012, 10:43 AM
This guy is bitching about things most people won't even notice unless you do replays every play.

Who the **** cares if a WR's legs don't fall down the right way? I didn't even notice until he showed the replay.

get real dude. this kind of stuff matters and affects gameplay. jesus christ arent you even a little bit bothered their shoelaces dont ever come untied?

LOLZZZZ notsrs

blackstarboy10
08-14-2012, 11:28 AM
its just okay for me. It does seem better than last year, thats not saying much. Im starting to think that maybe football videogames just arent that fun to begin with.

ZidaneValor
08-14-2012, 11:30 AM

It matters only in the sense that if the offensive player gets tackled in the wrong direction, it could rob you of a first down or a TD.

At least that's what it seemed like to me. It seemed like the player should have fallen forward for the first down, but he fell sideways instead for 3rd-and-1.

TommyStarwind
08-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Running straight up the middle with Gore and he just plops backs on his back at the end of the play... damn new engine will be full of lulz on replays. Demo doesn't feel like a HUGE difference between last years.

MYOFIBRAH
08-14-2012, 11:38 AM
those missed blocking assignments/stupid as fukk AI is what really pisses me off the MOST in Madden

IawI
08-14-2012, 11:42 AM

QB spy will stop any "check down" you speak of

Run plays? Lmao yeah ok. You might get a few runs, but you wouldn't be able to run the ball consistently. If that was a problem, I'd just run blitzes minus the press coverage.

Lol @ thinking Webb/Smith can't stop Jennings/Nelson. You're an idiot if that's what you think. Webb is 93 speed/95 MCV and Smith is 90 speed/92 MCV. If you have a PS3 I'll bend you over right now. The trend on here seems to be a bunch of keyboard warriors, when I'm willing to just show that I am dominate.

Holy sh*t did you honestly just say play action? Lmao wow you know how I know you suck?

Tyler44
08-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Madden died after 02, seriously cant believe you guys can still play this game. Absolutely terrible, the worst sports related game by far.

YesWayNoWeigh
08-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Running straight up the middle with Gore and he just plops backs on his back at the end of the play... damn new engine will be full of lulz on replays. Demo doesn't feel like a HUGE difference between last years.i caught a pick with the skins, tried to turn around ran into my teammate and fell down lol. its not terrible i havent bought a madden in a while so i already planned on getting this

svtballa
08-14-2012, 11:51 AM
i cant wait to play it..everyone thinks they are good at madden..i made a thread lsat year challenging anyone to a game on ps3 madden 12 and smoked both sports miscers...so the wager is still on..anyone who wants to play leave me your ps3 name and pepper they angus

ZidaneValor
08-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Holy sh*t did you honestly just say play action? Lmao wow you know how I know you suck?

As an aside, I'm terrible at play action in Madden. Every time I run it, I get sacked immediately before the play even develops.

RogerSterling
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Madden games were played out like 4 years ago. FIFA and NHL are the only EA sports games worth purchasing, can't wait until 2k can start making NFL games again.

GooBaaa
08-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Gay call me when 2k starts making NFL games

EA has completely killed Superstar mode, used to love to have press conferences with my agent

Hoop_Dreams
08-14-2012, 11:54 AM
i cant wait to play it..everyone thinks they are good at madden..i made a thread lsat year challenging anyone to a game on ps3 madden 12 and smoked both sports miscers...so the wager is still on..anyone who wants to play leave me your ps3 name and pepper they angus
lol @ you and IawI. I'd destroy both of you guys if you were on 360.

IawI
08-14-2012, 11:55 AM

PSN: Jagwires

I'll play you right now.

lol @ you and IawI. I'd destroy both of you guys if you were on 360.

No you wouldn't.

ZidaneValor
08-14-2012, 11:56 AM
If Madden wants to be realistic, anytime you play as the Cowboys, you should have to immediately start scrambling after the snap.

Hoop_Dreams
08-14-2012, 11:59 AM
No you wouldn't.

I'm putting
Webb on Jennings
Jimmy Smith on Nelson
Caryn Williams on Finley

Yes, I would.

We gonna act like I don't have man beaters? Lol at a vanilla 2 man under.

DefensiveEnd896
08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
It'd not real football, it's a video game. There will always be some parts of it that r unrealistic.

Yes the game pisses me off sometimes but I still love playing it. As long as I have fun playing it im cool.

Dling the demo now. Any1 who wants to play me in m12 pm me. Im decent, nothing special (lvl 6).

IawI
08-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Yes, I would.

We gonna act like I don't have man beaters? Lol at a vanilla 2 man under.

Honestly if you were playing with the Packers, I'd use the Falcons or Seahawks and run variations of zone coverage in a base formation. The Ravens offense is way too weak.

And that "vanilla" 2-man under works very well if you use the right team, and the Ravens have a great team to do it.

"Brb I'll just run slants all the way across the field"- I'll either blitz or put my 2 DE/OLBs in the purple zone, with a QB spy to stop anything over the middle.

"Brb I'll run draw plays"-Meet Ngata/Lewis/Suggs/Redding/Johnson

I don't just run a 2-man under. I do a lot of things. I was just giving him something basic that he could use without making it too complicated.

Oh and the Ravens corners can shut down the Packers receivers. You may get a few, but I can guarantee you won't move down the field fast, and you will eventually f*ck up.

ArmstrongBrah
08-14-2012, 12:04 PM

Played friend in hs who was top 100 in the nation in Madden 08

Dude ran with Broncos when they had that D-Fence.

Score was like 83-14 when we quit around the 3rd.

IawI
08-14-2012, 12:06 PM

Wasn't 08 the one where the players had the little icons under their feet?

Brb using the Raiders and putting CBs @ receiver.
Brb JaMarcus Russel throws the ball 80 yards with ease

2 D
08-14-2012, 12:11 PM
LOL @ idiots that still buy EA sports games.

BRB paying 60 dollars for a roster update every year.

Hoop_Dreams
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Honestly if you were playing with the Packers, I'd use the Falcons or Seahawks and run variations of zone coverage in a base formation. The Ravens offense is way too weak.

And that "vanilla" 2-man under works very well if you use the right team, and the Ravens have a great team to do it.

"Brb I'll just run slants all the way across the field"- I'll either blitz or put my 2 DE/OLBs in the purple zone, with a QB spy to stop anything over the middle.

"Brb I'll run draw plays"-Meet Ngata/Lewis/Suggs/Redding/Johnson

I don't just run a 2-man under. I do a lot of things. I was just giving him something basic that he could use without making it too complicated.

Oh and the Ravens corners can shut down the Packers receivers. You may get a few, but I can guarantee you won't move down the field fast, and you will eventually f*ck up.
Brb 10 guys in coverage, and you'll still stop the run. Lol. Doesn't matter if you're the Ravens, when you got guys moving backwards in zones, they won't tackle my RB till he's 6 yards past them. Draws murder f@g D.

And if I call a Pass while you play your 2-man under with a purple on each side, I'll just sit in the pocket all day and wait until someone gets open. Dat playmaker feature comes in handy.

Once you realize your coverage D doesn't work, you'll try to blitz and that's when I hit you deep.

If you have a nice O you can keep it close, but you won't stop me on D.

Hoop_Dreams
08-14-2012, 12:13 PM

The top 100 leaderboard is 90% glitchers, so that doesn't mean much.

Trapstar4.4
08-14-2012, 12:17 PM
i would have no problem going in dry on any of you shtty ass madden players. im the undisputed champ of 3 forums (sports misc and operation sports and SB nation)

youre lucky that im at work...

...and will be for the next few months. was gonna beat the sht out of you otherwise

DefensiveEnd896
08-14-2012, 12:17 PM
LOL @ idiots that still buy EA sports games.

BRB paying 60 dollars for a roster update every year.

If $60 a year is a lot of money for u, u need to get a new job.

IawI
08-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Brb 10 guys in coverage, and you'll still stop the run. Lol. Doesn't matter if you're the Ravens, when you got guys moving backwards in zones, they won't tackle my RB till he's 6 yards past them. Draws murder f@g D.

And if I call a Pass while you play your 2-man under with a purple on each side, I'll just sit in the pocket all day and wait until someone gets open. Dat playmaker feature comes in handy.

Once you realize your coverage D doesn't work, you'll try to blitz and that's when I hit you deep.

Like I said, I'd probably use the Falcons/Seahawks because the Ravens O is way too weak. You picked out the obvious flaws in the defense, good job. I'm sure who's never played the game could do that. The philosophy of that defense is the longer you're on the field, the better, because you have more time to f*ck up. I did that for the beginning of my Madden 12 career. Now I rarely play man, and hardly ever use the Ravens. I've only used the Falcons/Seahawks recently.

RogerSterling
08-14-2012, 12:23 PM

:(

I can't afford $60 for a video game

BornAChampion
08-14-2012, 12:34 PM

Can I get your GT? Need some competition, been blowing bums out lately.

YesWayNoWeigh
08-14-2012, 12:37 PM
i would have no problem going in dry on any of you shtty ass madden players. im the undisputed champ of 3 forums (sports misc and operation sports and SB nation)

youre lucky that im at work...

...and will be for the next few months. was gonna beat the sht out of you otherwisehttp://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/image/1341/99/1341996753353.jpg

Trapstar4.4
08-14-2012, 12:41 PM
http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/sp/image/1341/99/1341996753353.jpg

brb lobbying to get a ps3 in the breakroom
if i can make that happen, you all better collect your collective angii (yeah angii, thats the plural form of angus numbnuts. read a book)

Goby
08-14-2012, 12:46 PM

In.

You on Xbawks?

I've beaten every cheap team with da Browns.

blackstarboy10
08-14-2012, 12:47 PM
If $60 a year is a lot of money for u, u need to get a new job. its a lot of money relative to quality of product. i'll glady pay 60 for a worthy game, but as a person whos bough the last 5 or so maddens, not this time. i'll finally make do without a a football game im getting tired of it

Goby
08-14-2012, 12:48 PM

It's not that $60 is a lot of money it's that you support EA's monopoly and stop competition from happening.

Let's put it this way. NFL 2k5 is just as good as any Madden. And that's fuking pathetic considering it's more than a decade old.

But enjoy your new pregame animations.

BornAChampion
08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
It's not that $60 is a lot of money it's that you support EA's monopoly and stop competition from happening.

Let's put it this way. NFL 2k5 is just as good as any Madden. And that's fuking pathetic considering it's more than a decade old.

wats ur gt

DefensiveEnd896
08-14-2012, 12:53 PM

To each their own.

I enjoy the improvements they make every year, even if they aren't huge and I like playing my friends who always buy the latest Madden as well. That's y I buy it every year.

If u don't that's fine but who gives a fuk if someone else wants to spend $60 every year on a video game they enjoy playing.

its a lot of money relative to quality of product. i'll glady pay 60 for a worthy game, but as a person whos bough the last 5 or so maddens, not this time. i'll finally make do without a a football game im getting tired of it

I hear u. Nothing wrong w that.

BenadrylBandit
08-14-2012, 01:17 PM
Playing demo now. So far meh, nothing special

DannyBrohammer
08-14-2012, 01:20 PM

I thought I was the only one that used the Seahawks ever. Only issue on that game about that team is Tarvaris Jackson.

sups31
08-14-2012, 01:22 PM
all madden is rage inducing.

brb all-pro RG3 is perfect on every pass and receivers make ridiculous catches in traffic.

brb all madden suddenly RG3 is off by 10 yards on deep balls and receivers drop every wide open ball.

Impurityz
08-14-2012, 01:26 PM
I thought I was the only one that used the Seahawks ever. Only issue on that game about that team is Tarvaris Jackson.

he isn't even that bad. The last 5 games I used them and won all 5.
If they run man and don't user properly, send everyone on a streak on slant and just QB run on opposite side.

sups31
08-14-2012, 01:39 PM

strong math

svtballa
08-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Jagwire? Where art thou?

NoS_oUtLaSt

I'm putting
Webb on Jennings
Jimmy Smith on Nelson
Caryn Williams on Finley

I'm not bad at the game at all. I can consitently shut out the CPU on all Madden and can hold my own in all ranked matches online. The fact remains is Madden will always be who can exploit the AI better online. Yeah no crap you can drop d-line and everything but whats the fun in that. Brb rushing 2 people and calling this a football game. Its so arcadey its ridiculous. brb using an All QB offensive line and blocking an all All-Pro defense line. I use to find Madden extrememly fun and took it real serious and got ranked pretty high in the older ones but now its just repetitive and boring.

Brahs, every single madden that comes out we always say "it's just a demo"..and then the game comes out and it sucks, then we rant and rave about how the next madden is going to be the best and the cycle repeats. See the common trend here?

this. I use to defend Madden but I'm just seriously ready for a new football game.

Cinderblock
Just played the demo.

This is coming out the same week as Guild Wars 2. I guess EA made it an easy decision for me not to buy this.

BenadrylBandit
08-14-2012, 01:54 PM
lol, just got tackled and fell on top of a defender and Helu like broke in half. Game looks ****ing cartoonish. Didn't realize this was Madden arcade.

Beliedat
08-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Somehow this version feels more arcade/shtty and looks less realistic than last year. Eli Manning and Tom Caughlin look like olympic power lifters.
The hyped up improved tackling just looks stupid as fukk, guys will go flying or fold in half regardless of the angles on the tackle. The dumbasfuk playclock runoff is a forced option in the demo, you often cannot audible out of a formation without a delay of game/timeout. The 'total control passing' that they are advertising is the exact same as it's been for years, and you can abuse slants all day long. Blockers still get clueless the second you hit sprint. Overall trash, worse than last year/10.
I wish they would just fold for a year like NBA Live for a year and actually attempt to make an improved game. Or stop being phaggots and acquiring exclusive rights.
Depending on how franchise is, I likely wont buy it for the first year in at least 6. Fukk EA, I love football.

Loswaldo
08-14-2012, 02:03 PM

Then don't buy it every year then?

I mean you would have to be an idiot to buy a game every year.

I don't play video games as much as I did like 2- 3 years ago and haven't bought a madden game for that long. So I am excited about buying this one, to play with either RGIII or Luck.

NJLife
08-14-2012, 02:27 PM
lol this thread went to ****.

heres what i see:

OMFG YOU HTINK U BADD A$$ at MADDEN?!!? OH IM WAY MORE BADA$$ at MADDEN DEN YUU. I WILL BET MY LIFE SAVINGS THAT I RAPE U IN VID GAME CUZ SON IM BEST."

"madden is ****, will still buy it hoping it will still be **** again"

LOL

bigcc
08-14-2012, 02:28 PM
jesus christ brb leave download on overnight, brb only 32 percent..... brb not playing until the weekend

regGQ
08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
When is 2K allowed to make NFL games again?

Future24
08-14-2012, 03:45 PM
I bought Madden 12 and played maybe 1-2 hours total of that game. Traded it in for Skyrim later on. It might have been because I was so into Fifa I barely played Madden.

Well I just played a full game on the demo. Before I started I already thought I'd hate it and went in with a negative opinion of the game. Must say I was pretty entertained. Game wasn't perfect and there was some stupid shiit that happened but what game doesn't? I might buy it but I know once Fifa comes out I probably won't be playing Madden...

But the demo was much better than I expected. Maybe its cause I never really played 12.

MilwaukeeBrah
08-14-2012, 04:10 PM
i have ps3, how do i dl the demo?

Gris419
08-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Played the demo, I can confirm that NCAA 13 > Madden 13.

Goby
08-14-2012, 05:10 PM
Then don't buy it every year then?

I mean you would have to be an idiot to buy a game every year.

I don't play video games as much as I did like 2- 3 years ago and haven't bought a madden game for that long. So I am excited about buying this one, to play with either RGIII or Luck.

I don't. I'm trying to enlighten the masses.

BenadrylBandit
08-14-2012, 05:42 PM
I bought Madden 12 and played maybe 1-2 hours total of that game. Traded it in for Skyrim later on. It might have been because I was so into Fifa I barely played Madden.

Well I just played a full game on the demo. Before I started I already thought I'd hate it and went in with a negative opinion of the game. Must say I was pretty entertained. Game wasn't perfect and there was some stupid shiit that happened but what game doesn't? I might buy it but I know once Fifa comes out I probably won't be playing Madden...

But the demo was much better than I expected. Maybe its cause I never really played 12.

Fifa demo comes out 9/11

cNnmAlEnUt0&

Future24
08-14-2012, 06:17 PM
Fifa demo comes out 9/11

cNnmAlEnUt0&Yup. 11 and 12 were great. If they just touch it up a little I'd be satisfied. I played Fifa from the day it came out til about 2 weeks ago when I started really getting into the show. I usually do take a week or two off though to cool off after some bad losses lol.

Wu-Massacre
08-14-2012, 08:11 PM
i hope they purposely made the commentators in the demo not say players name besides Eli and Smith and have all the name in the full game because it's dumb that they just say He/Him

Masstastic
08-14-2012, 08:21 PM
lol, just got tackled and fell on top of a defender and Helu like broke in half. Game looks ****ing cartoonish. Didn't realize this was Madden arcade.

I dont even want to download this now after seeing your post.

Is it that bad? I mean could it honestly be worse than gameplay in Madden 12?

dan213
08-14-2012, 08:40 PM
i hope they purposely made the commentators in the demo not say players name besides Eli and Smith and have all the name in the full game because it's dumb that they just say He/Him

Every year they say that the demo version has to exclude certain stuff (due to size), and every year the demo is really the full game. Chances are what you just played is going to be the retail release.

IawI
08-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Jagwire? Where art thou?

I didn't know you got on. I took a nap then went to work. Did you send me a friend request?

sloppyjoe1
08-14-2012, 09:50 PM
They use the same chit in every madden. Each year that goes by I see the same bugs and glitches I did 5 maddens ago. They have a full year to fix stuff and they don't do it, instead they just update the roster, change the skins and maybe add in 1 or 2 new features that are always broken. They also degrade superstar mode more and more as years go by.

waytoodeep03
08-15-2012, 09:52 AM
When is 2K allowed to make NFL games again?

I hope soon. I remember 2k5 was like 20 bux brand new. Man that was almost the nail in the coffin for EA

svtballa
08-15-2012, 10:30 AM
I didn't know you got on. I took a nap then went to work. Did you send me a friend request?

Yes. Quick slacking and take your beating. 49ers are my team

monsterBEN
08-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Some of the tripping animations are fkin funny.

MrRIP
08-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I hope soon. I remember 2k5 was like 20 bux brand new. Man that was almost the nail in the coffin for EA

You mean when madden outsold 2k5 and was the price of 2.5 times greater? Lol

rsk721
08-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Some of the tripping animations are fkin funny.
I've had a few where the guy gets bent back and looks like a sideways V then pops right up and it makes me laugh every time.

NJLife
08-16-2012, 12:34 PM
this demo is hilarious. seems pretty ok.

funny thing tho. i can basically squib kick it and get on it 90 percent of the time

Hoop_Dreams
08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
this demo is hilarious. seems pretty ok.

funny thing tho. i can basically squib kick it and get on it 90 percent of the time
Srs?

That basically ruined online play for NCAA 13.

liftTENhard
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
anyone here still got madden 12?

i been playin alot of team play lately if u miscers still got it we should team up and school some scrubs lulz.

DONT DISRESPECT THE USER SON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFjSRdbFlHY

monsterBEN
08-16-2012, 12:56 PM
The way the stands look during field goals makes me feel like I'm playing Madden '98.

209vaughn
08-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Srs?

It's ruined the past 3 or 4 NCAA's actually...

I'm sick of EA Sports football games. The core engine has been almost untouched since this generation of consoles has come out, therefore making the game 'feel' the same way every year. EA can spend all the time they want putting bells and whistles and a new coat of paint on the game, but people are getting burnt out on the feeling that Madden/NCAA gives you when you play. It's the same damn game as always.

Yank11
08-16-2012, 01:14 PM
i honestly have to laugh at EA saying this game has a "whole new engine" during E3 and all the interviews during the past few months, its basically the same with new animations that are glitchier than ever. Hopefully it changes in the real game but I doubt it.

In other news, this lack of changes in NCAA is starting to catch up to EA, with the overall sales of NCAA this year down almost 100k copies sold over the first 3 weeks, even with the game being $40 at release from a ton of retailers

and yet I'll still end up buying both sadly

Murph0408
08-16-2012, 01:32 PM
downloaded it yesterday and enjoyed it. yes it's familiar and probably the same game at the end of the day. but that's why i don't buy it every year - had madden '08 and '11 and didn't feel like i missed anything with the years in between. i'll go for this one though, the demo felt crisp and the game looks great as usual

regGQ
08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
anyone here still got madden 12?

i been playin alot of team play lately if u miscers still got it we should team up and school some scrubs lulz.

DONT DISRESPECT THE USER SON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFjSRdbFlHY
damn never played team play looks fun as ****...all I did was play 300~ ranked matches.

too bad I left my madden copy back home would've been down

I am probably still gonna buy Madden 13 since I don't have any games atm and granted they fix the physics bugs in the demo.

NJLife
08-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Srs?

haha thats the reason i dont play online. when i did it was just about who knew more glitches.

T2TL
08-16-2012, 03:37 PM
I think I'm going to get this because I love football so much and am getting bored of MW3 but it doesn't seem that great. I used to buy Madden every year until 2010. They changed the audible system and some other aesthetic things that I wasn't a fan of. Also there wasn't enough improvement from year to year, their highlighted features would be annoying gimmicks like the QB vision cone. The demo seemed alright, I'm not going to complain about dumb stuff in that video but I can understand his concern. The game is being touted by EA and the developers for its great physics engine. If they have issues that were known last year and are in 2012 as well, that's a problem.

MrRIP
08-16-2012, 03:48 PM
It's ruined the past 3 or 4 NCAA's actually...

I'm sick of EA Sports football games. The core engine has been almost untouched since this generation of consoles has come out, therefore making the game 'feel' the same way every year. EA can spend all the time they want putting bells and whistles and a new coat of paint on the game, but people are getting burnt out on the feeling that Madden/NCAA gives you when you play. It's the same damn game as always.

Play madden 07 and then madden 13 demo and tell me they're the same game. EA has made great strides over time it's always an incremental increase tho so the change is barely noticeable. This year is looking like its going to be bad though. I expect a couple huge gameplay glitches due to the new engine. Madden 14 will
Be pretty good tho

Impurityz
08-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Play madden 07 and then madden 13 demo and tell me they're the same game. EA has made great strides over time it's always an incremental increase tho so the change is barely noticeable. This year is looking like its going to be bad though. I expect a couple huge gameplay glitches due to the new engine. Madden 14 will
Be pretty good tho

madden 13 will be complete garbage.... you would hope over 6 years the game would look different.

Future24
08-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Not spending $60 on this. Too many games coming out soon. Fifa a month after Madden and BlackOps2/Halo about a month after that. I'd barely play Madden because it will be the worst out of those games.

Masstastic
08-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Be pretty good tho

The problem is when are we going to get EA's version of "Next Gen" football?

They promised that to us maybe 7-8 years ago in which the game would look completely different on 360/PS3 compared to the older models and nothing has changed.

All they do is keep making small changes that only make the game look more cartoonish instead of doing a complete overhaul and using the type of graphics engine you'd see in something like LA Noire or even the Battlefield series.

I mean for **** sakes, EA makes the Battlefield series. They can't consult them to make a sports game?

Masstastic
08-16-2012, 04:23 PM
madden 13 will be complete garbage.... you would hope over 6 years the game would look different.

I just downloaded the demo and played the game.

I am in disbelief that EA made the gameplay even worse than Madden 12.

You can't even get a proper angle to tackle a RB unless its some exagerrated, unrealistic tackle. If you can't get one of those tackles then the RB just breaks free with no regard for any momentum or a CPU AI that slows a guy down if they're trying to get into the open field and see defenders closing in on them.

The zone defense is too strong as these guys are literally in the passing lane as soon as they slide over.

Once again a complete disregard for actual physical momentum that exists in real life.

These dudes drop backwards in an angle that would make it seem like they are gliding with their cleats.

Future24
08-16-2012, 04:39 PM
I mean for **** sakes, EA makes the Battlefield series. They can't consult them to make a sports game?Or ask the guys who make FIFA how they do it. Fifa is a great game for the most part. They took the collision system from them.

Anyone remember Madden 05-07 on ps2? Those were fuking amaaaazing. I think I finished like 10-15 seasons in one of them. Then again I was like 13-14 at the time. Amazing games though. Franchise actually had substance to it.

Masstastic
08-16-2012, 04:42 PM
Or ask the guys who make FIFA how they do it. Fifa is a great game for the most part. They took the collision system from them.

Anyone remember Madden 05-07 on ps2? Those were fuking amaaaazing. I think I finished like 10-15 seasons in one of them. Then again I was like 13-14 at the time. Amazing games though. Franchise actually had substance to it.

I enjoy FIFA, but I prefer the graphics engine of PES over it.

Would love to have the overall graphics engine of PES without guys looking like stick figures with the same button set-up that FIFA has for low crosses, touch passes, chip shot goals, etc.

But FIFA's manager mode is a win. That youth scouting system made me play multiple seasons to see if my 14 year old with 82-88 potential would reach his potential on my team so I could stop loaning him out for experience.

Future24
08-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I enjoy FIFA, but I prefer the graphics engine of PES over it.

Would love to have the overall graphics engine of PES without guys looking like stick figures with the same button set-up that FIFA has for low crosses, touch passes, chip shot goals, etc.

But FIFA's manager mode is a win. That youth scouting system made me play multiple seasons to see if my 14 year old with 82-88 potential would reach his potential on my team so I could stop loaning him out for experience.Have you read about 13? It seems even better all around.

And agreed on PES graphics. I just tried that game the other day because they have a demo out and the graphics were pretty sweet. The game seemed a little slow compared to Fifa but it makes it a little more realistic.

regGQ
08-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Guys just played a lot earlier today, the game isn't as bad as yall are saying. Don't see how it's worse than '12 other than the wonky physics that can be patched.

Will buy (like half of you still will) since I don't have any games atm, only thing that will make me just wait for 2k13 (since I'll only be playing that once it drops) is if the full game gets a **** load of bad reviews

But fuarrk 49ers defense is beast

Yank11
08-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Guys just played a lot earlier today, the game isn't as bad as yall are saying. Don't see how it's worse than '12 other than the wonky physics that can be patched.

Will buy (like half of you still will) since I don't have any games atm, only thing that will make me just wait for 2k13 (since I'll only be playing that once it drops) is if the full game gets a **** load of bad reviews

But fuarrk 49ers defense is beast

Yea after playing it more I take back some of my hate. Its much better than I originally thought, especially compared to NCAA13. Tackling physics aren't perfect yet but thats kind of to be expected, and I don't like the kick meter but overall its good.

Also really like that they added the Nascar package for the Giants defense lol, and that JPP is a beast ingame like in real life.

regGQ
08-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Yea after playing it more I take back some of my hate. Its much better than I originally thought, especially compared to NCAA13. Tackling physics aren't perfect yet but thats kind of to be expected, and I don't like the kick meter but overall its good.

Yeah I don't see how you could ever miss a field goal with that. Too easy even in All-Madden, maybe it'll be tough online but prefer the 12's meter.

Did they take out the surprise onside kick?

liftTENhard
08-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Yeah I don't see how you could ever miss a field goal with that. Too easy even in All-Madden, maybe it'll be tough online but prefer the 12's meter.

Did they take out the surprise onside kick?

its so ez to block field goals in madden 12 especially playing ranked matches
all u need is a guy above 93 speed and ull block it pretty much everytime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7usHrIqNmk

BendinSteel
08-17-2012, 09:24 AM
I think it was pretty decent. I like the commentary feels more like a real game.

The coaches look horrible though. I know its not a big part of the game but every coach looks like they can shrug 1000 pounds

ShadowBarkley
08-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Not spending $60 on this. Too many games coming out soon. Fifa a month after Madden and BlackOps2/Halo about a month after that. I'd barely play Madden because it will be the worst out of those games.

dont forget RE6 bruh...jeez.

regGQ
08-17-2012, 12:45 PM
dont forget RE6 bruh...jeez.
RE6 and NBA 2k13 are coming out the same day and then AC3 at the end of the month, all in October. Might just keep playing 2K12 until then. Cause I am probably not touching madden when 2K13 drops.

Dunno how my broke ass is gonna afford all this sht, these are probably the only games I'm buying for the year too. Oh and Last of Us that looks dope as fuk.

Pinturicchio
08-18-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm interested to know who out of all the "i'm the best Madden player on the board" hotshots actually played each other and who won?

bertSTARE22
08-18-2012, 04:06 AM
just gave the giants suprisebuttsex 38-0 first throw to moss he got laid out by prince amukamara and broke his arm=typical, justin smith/patrick willis owned manning. sf will be used a ton. looking forward to dem new seahawks jerseys hnnnnggg lynch bulldozing half the saints d

Murph0408
08-18-2012, 06:50 AM
I think it was pretty decent. I like the commentary feels more like a real game.

The coaches look horrible though. I know its not a big part of the game but every coach looks like they can shrug 1000 pounds

haha this, the more i play the demo the more i notice how messed up the coaches look, no idea what they were trying to do there i guess they're trying to make their polo shirts look like loose clothing but instead it just looks like they have massive upper bodies but skinny arms and small heads

milkman04
08-18-2012, 01:45 PM
I have bought madden every year from 03-12 but it comes to an end this year. Online play is all about who knows the most glitches, cheese, nanos, and money plays. Not paying full price to rage online. Maybe I'll pick it up new when it drops to $30. If not I'll sit this year out.

milkman04
08-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm not bad at the game at all. I can consitently shut out the CPU on all Madden and can hold my own in all ranked matches online. The fact remains is Madden will always be who can exploit the AI better online. Yeah no crap you can drop d-line and everything but whats the fun in that. Brb rushing 2 people and calling this a football game. Its so arcadey its ridiculous. brb using an All QB offensive line and blocking an all All-Pro defense line. I use to find Madden extrememly fun and took it real serious and got ranked pretty high in the older ones but now its just repetitive and boring.

this. I use to defend Madden but I'm just seriously ready for a new football game.

this ^^^

Hoop_Dreams
08-18-2012, 02:21 PM
People are always going to try to find ways to get heat on the QB.

Simple 4 man rushes don't get to the QB like they do IRL, so guys try to find ways to manipulate the O-line to get heat (aka nano).

EA made an effort to stop nanos this year with the stationary players on defense. You can't place LB's or DB's in gaps anymore. If you try to move them they return to their original position. Nanos will still be in the game though, you just gotta be a little more creative.

And for you guys who whine about nanos, they're so easy to stop. Step 1: Identify where the blitz is coming from. Step 2: Slide protect to the side of the blitz, and block an HB to the weakside.

Kills almost any blitz.

You sim players need to stop whining about online not emulating reality and get better.

It's not cheese if I run the same play over and over. You just suck for not being able to adjust to it and stop it.

There's a counter for EVERYTHING.

blackberries
08-23-2012, 11:42 AM
I seem to always **** up my kicks whether its kick off or field goals or punting. Any tips on PS3?

Goby
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Just buy Sleeping Dogs instead brahs

bigcc
08-23-2012, 04:12 PM

went to 3 different red box stalls and they were out of stock... yes mad

anyways the new madden blows, felt like I was playing a fukking arcade game

PhiGreens
08-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Haven't played since 11 when the Raiders were the best team by far.. almost everyone used them. What was it like in 12? and how do you think it will be in 13?

ryankezler
08-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Just played the game, feels the same as 09. srs.

regGQ
08-23-2012, 04:31 PM
that demo was sick as fuk

Goby
08-23-2012, 05:11 PM
that demo was sick as fuk

I beat it a day or so ago.

It's really good. Especially on PC

Also Madden 13 is the same as the 12 based on the demo

Spartacurse
08-24-2012, 06:08 AM
I beat it a day or so ago.

It's really good. Especially on PC

Also Madden 13 is the same as the 12 based on the demo

So its the same game. Thought a new engine will provide new game play. Was really hyped for this since reading it will be using a brand new engine.

thegenerel
08-24-2012, 06:20 AM

or Spec Ops: The Line, best storyline in a FPS (seriously, its unreal)

its so good I wont even give a hint as to how it all unfolds.

basic jist: horrors of war. no good/evil decsions, just ones that are so horrible that you actually sit there and think about if you should have done things differently. when you get to an section which requires a decision one must act right away otherwise things will play out on their own.

_NEMESIS_
08-24-2012, 06:24 AM
I'm interested to know who out of all the "i'm the best Madden player on the board" hotshots actually played each other and who won?

The only teams people use on here are the glitch teams and the best teams. No one knows how to play with regular teams.

Goby
08-25-2012, 01:56 AM
IP86qV6rXOU

lol look at this ****.

Looks the same as 11, 12, 10, etc