PDA

View Full Version : Office Workouts

busybeebee2012
08-13-2012, 01:27 PM
I just began my journey to transform my body completely. Quite frankly, I need a total overhaul....Anyways, I've been eating clean for a week now and exercising with weights and doing cardio. I'm not a total stranger to strength training...was into it a few years ago but had my second child and am back to my fat self. I work in an office by myself most of the time **yawn** so I thought I could get some extra exercise in while I'm at work...lunges, squats, crunches, etc...basically anything I can do with my body weight alone. Would this be beneficial or just a waste of time?

oregonchick76
08-13-2012, 06:26 PM
You will burn more calories for sure. Not a ton, but I think it's more an overall mindset that will help you reach your goal. IE - parking farther from the store, taking the stairs, making a conscious effort to just do a little more. In the grand scheme of things, it may only be good for 100 calories per day, but that's 1/4 lb per week. It's not nothing, it'll add up.

AmyLynn40
08-14-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm a busy single working mom and so I often have to train at home. Some simple investments for your office can be elastic bands and dumbbells (or some kettlebells). You can search on Google or this site for some all over body exercises with that basic equipment. I had a personal trainer come to my home and show me some creative ways to workout as well. You can do tricep dips off a table or desk. You can do pull-ups underneath a heavy dining room table (or desk). You can step up with weights onto a fireplace hearth. I've even done step-ups with heavy weights onto a kitchen chair (although for that you may want to have someone with you). I do walking lunges up and down the hallway of my apartment (with dumbbells). And I've actually hooked one side of an elastic band underneath my sofa and the other end to my foot and you'd be surprised how many muscles you can work from different positions. Hope that helps!

rachelily
08-14-2012, 05:46 AM
I used to do triceps dips on my chair at my desk (not a rolly chair!!!) and then each trip to the bathroom I did a set of squats. Little things, but I felt like they helped somehow by adding up over time :) Plus it kept me pumped and motivated throughout the day!

LaDonnaMF
08-14-2012, 06:02 AM
Definitely NOT a waste of time - great mindset honestly, good luck with your transformation

rdferguson
08-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Well, I always found that dropping and doing a set of push ups every now and again when doing extensive non-physical work helped me work better, so there's that. And of course, everything you do adds up, so if every half an hour you do a set of something for a minute...that adds up to 16 min/sets of exercise in an 8 hour shift. An extra 16min/day couldn't hurt.