PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna act like Andrew Luck didn't look like a veteran pro in his first game?

niospecv
08-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Sure the Rams aren't much but it's still a pro defense and Luck was impressive. What say you misc?

iamgenus
08-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Good start for a rook but yes it's preseason.

Guy is incredibly accurate. If he stays healthy he's going to be an excellent QB. It's as simple as that.

milkman04
08-13-2012, 08:05 AM
impressed, but still vs preseason rams

Jaccogo
08-13-2012, 08:06 AM
"look like a pro"? You mean he had poise in the pocket and made good throws overall? A ton of guys CAN do the first and the second one isn't going to make him amazing in the NFL. There's much more to being an elite NFL QB than audibling twice and getting a TD with 70yds after the catch against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Jaccogo
08-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Also there aren't any starting QBs in the league right now who aren't capable of having the performance Luck had against preseason rams. As a rookie they might not have been able to, but you said he looks like a veteran pro and he doesn't. He looks like a pretty good rookie with potential to be elite.

regGQ
08-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Rg3>

Impurityz
08-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Since the two will always be compared.

Luck> rgiii

In debut easily.

regGQ
08-13-2012, 08:14 AM
Since the two will always be compared.

Luck> rgiii

In debut easily.
Luck got lucky as fuk in his debut

brb taking credit for the RB running 40~ yards after a 3 yard pass

CBN180
08-13-2012, 08:16 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1290402/luckfist.gif

monsterBEN
08-13-2012, 08:18 AM
The RGIII hype machine has been so strong that we've forgotten this guy is the best QB prospect since John Elway.

Fahnestock
08-13-2012, 08:21 AM
It's nice for Luck to get some hype again, he's been basically forgotten because RG3 is more marketable. I still think RG3 has a better rookie campaign based on his team but I think Luck will become elite.

Impurityz
08-13-2012, 08:23 AM

Not that. That is the same reason rgiii did practically nothing. Luck commanded the offense,Brushed off the rush,And looked off safeties.

LikeAMachine
08-13-2012, 08:25 AM
How anyone can evern think for a second that Bob Griffin is going to be better absolutely blows my mind.

Luck look very impressive on that 20 yard out for a TD on his second TD pass.

But yes, Rams D, preseason.

LikeAMachine
08-13-2012, 08:25 AM

Right because Bob Griffin didn’t do the same?

Luck threw for TWO TD’s, the second one was more impressive than anything Bob Griffin did.

scotyg
08-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Would be much more impressive if it was Week 1 vs the Bears

still, it was damn impressive. but at the same time, he almost threw a pick six to Jenkins.

charity4thepoor
08-13-2012, 08:37 AM
he looked very good and very accurate, which was expected. will reserve judgement for week 1 though.

yourname2221
08-13-2012, 08:43 AM
will reserve judgement for week 1 though.

try like week 8

charity4thepoor
08-13-2012, 08:54 AM
try like week 8well obviously, i'm just saying a game that means something.

i still think he will be very good.

yourname2221
08-13-2012, 08:58 AM
agreed.

GhostRider111
08-13-2012, 09:40 AM
"look like a pro"? You mean he had poise in the pocket and made good throws overall? A ton of guys CAN do the first and the second one isn't going to make him amazing in the NFL. There's much more to being an elite NFL QB than audibling twice and getting a TD with 70yds after the catch against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Don't know if you watched the game, but of his 6 incompletions, 2 were throwaways to avoid the rush/sack, 3 were clear drops by his wr's, and only one was a poor throw.

Guy is going to be a great one.

Hercegovac8
08-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Why do male football fans have to act like some twihard phaggots?

Brb I'm team luck, brb I'm team griffin.

U can enjoy watching a certain player without having to discredit/hate on another. I like both Manning and Brady, they are both fun to watch. One of them doing well doesn't discredit the other, so why do u all have to act like a bunch of teenage girls?

NoS_oUtLaSt
08-13-2012, 10:51 AM
So glad he came out this year instead of last year. Just imagine the butterfly effect of Luck in Carolina and Cam on either the Bengals, Browns, Cards or maybe Niners

sups31
08-13-2012, 11:06 AM

A stat's a stat, he can't do anything about that. Luck didn't take credit for it, he gave all the credit to Brown in the post game interviews.

Bezzz
08-13-2012, 11:09 AM
In all seriousness it was against the rams, the same team that let a rookie Demarco Murray in his first start break the Boys' single game rushing record with what 270? I'll judge off the season, he has a lot of hype to be the next best thing but I was watching RG3 play too and his pocket poise looked great, seems comfortable and at 6'2 or whatever im ready for him to start juking out linebackers.

AlfredAlphaEsq
08-13-2012, 11:29 AM
great display but will reserve judgement until i see how he deals with playing the tough defences of both Tennessee and Houston twice in a season.

GhostRider111
08-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Luck is really good in short spaces. Tremendously effectively mobile around pressure. Doesn't bail, keeps his head in the game, makes reads. He had 3 drops on passes right in the numbers, and was pressured hard all day. Showed a ton of poise. Clearly a great QB in the making.

bdub69
08-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Why do male football fans have to act like some twihard phaggots?

Brb I'm team luck, brb I'm team griffin.

U can enjoy watching a certain player without having to discredit/hate on another. I like both Manning and Brady, they are both fun to watch. One of them doing well doesn't discredit the other, so why do u all have to act like a bunch of teenage girls?

This. Bunch of slack jawd phaggots.

Luck looked great in his preseason opener. I'm curious to see how he does in an actual game though where teams game plan for the offense.

Hengman
08-13-2012, 11:56 AM
LOL @ judging a player based on preseason games.

I'll judge mid year of the actual season.

GhostRider111
08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Some of you guys are acting like Luck is a 5th round pick who had one good year in college. This guy was the highest rate college qb since Elway, rated higher than even Manning coming out of college. IF any of you have watched him at Stanford, you would have seen what I think may be the most accurate passer I have ever seen, and right up there with Manning as far as smarts. And the guy can run as fast as Cam.

I guess what I am trying to say is some of you act like yesterday was some big surprise and he will need to prove it later on. While I can understand that, this isn't some guy that had one great year his senior year running a spread offense. Sound familiar? RG3. And don't get me wrong, I think RG3 will have a fine career. But he does not have nearly the pedigree that A Luck has. Nor the history.

dougefresh93
08-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Give a big assist to Donald Brown and the Rams Def being horrible, wasn't much of a test, but he did what was expected of him, he was the 1st pick overall and has all the intangibles to be on a level with Peyton and Brady, only time will tell.

GhostRider111
08-13-2012, 01:25 PM
As a Colt fan since I was 3, I can't tell you how lucky I feel to be able to go from the GOAT to Luck. Truly heavenly blessed.