PDA

View Full Version : How are the lakers going to post a winning score next year?

australiasbrain
08-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Who is going to score,

Nash? Artest? Howard? Gasol?

Kobe will be good for the occassional freak out game, but with Howard demanding the ball down low...

I don't see how the lakers can match it with the high powered offences of OKC, Miami, Chicago, New York..

hell even Dallas will score more....

I don't see how they post enough points to win games?

TTexasTT
08-12-2012, 11:59 PM
honestly, australians follow the NBA? srs I had no idea.

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 12:00 AM

Wierd that basketball fans would follow the best competition in the world...??

AmazinJason
08-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Judging by the quality of the post by OP, it's clear that they don't know sh*t about the NBA. Sure, they follow, but they are dumb as fuark. I'd put Australians on the level of women in terms of knowledge of the NBA. Buncha Jemele Hills there.

dizzin9
08-13-2012, 12:04 AM
"How are the lakers going to post a winning score next year?"

http://translate.google.com/

http://imgboot.com/images/dizzin9/1264973070058.jpg

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 12:04 AM
Judging by the quality of the post by OP, it's clear that they don't know sh*t about the NBA. Sure, they follow, but they are dumb as fuark. I'd put Australians on the level of women in terms of knowledge of the NBA. Buncha Jemele Hills there.

Might be true, but I can ride the roller coaster...

Spud Web could still dunk on you midget.

Mrs Grudge
08-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Team has Steve Nash

Question on how they will score

JaZart
08-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Who is going to score,

Kobe will be good for the occassional freak out game, but with Howard demanding the ball down low...

I don't see how the lakers can match it with the high powered offences of OKC, Miami, Chicago, New York..

Since when has Chicago ever had a high powered O? Moreover, they've lost their entire bench and will be without Rose for at least half the season.

No offense but you obviously know little about Nash or the game of basketball. Nash alone will make the Lakers offense a lot better with is passing instincts. Not to mention these are the two best bigs he's EVER played with. So if he make Gortat look good, imagine how much Gasol and Dwight will benefit.

Sum up Lakers offense

Nash-"Hmm should I run another pic with Pau or Dwight and let them finish or kick it out to an open shooter...then again I could take a play off and give it to Kobe. Or how about just lob it to Dwight, he'll always finish. Nah I'll just shoot a 3 and hey if I miss, Dwight will get the rebound anyway"

deltbrah
08-13-2012, 12:19 AM
Who is going to score,

are you a retard.

Do you even watch basketball? or do you just go on nba.com and watch the highlights then look up the box score?

Howard was the premier player for the magic, and he only put up 20ppg, I doubt thats going to go higher. If anything it might become less.

Here he will be second option, this is kobe's team, kobe is a chucker, if you watched last season you would have seen a perfect example of this.

So no doubt kobe would be doing majority of the scoring, and lol at nash being a scoring option.

bro stick to AFL or NRL.

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 12:20 AM
Since when has Chicago ever had a high powered O? Moreover, they've lost their entire bench and will be without Rose for at least half the season.

No offense but you obviously know little about Nash or the game of basketball. Nash alone will make the Lakers offense a lot better with is passing instincts. Not to mention these are the two best bigs he's EVER played with. So if he make Gortat look good, imagine how much Gasol and Dwight will benefit.

Sum up Lakers offense

Nash-"Hmm should I run another pic with Pau or Dwight and let them finish or kick it out to an open shooter...then again I could take a play off and give it to Kobe. Or how about just lob it to Dwight, he'll always finish. Nah I'll just shoot a 3 and hey if I miss, Dwight will get the rebound anyway"

So you arguement is Nash will do what nash has always been able to do...even though he is pushing his age limit and no doubt has peaked.

OKC, westbrook gets him.
Miami, Allen, wade or chalmers gets him.

I just don't think they will be able to post the scores they need to win.

The better arguement is that they will be a gun defensive team, any maybe a pass offensive team that combines frugal defense.

I just can't see them scoring huge numbers.

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 12:22 AM
The Lakers were 15th last year in PPG,

You think nash and Howard shoot them past OKC and Heat?

I think not...

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html

JaZart
08-13-2012, 12:36 AM
The Lakers were 15th last year in PPG,

You think nash and Howard shoot them past OKC and Heat?

I think not...

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_team_statistics/sortable1.html

*sigh* K lemme break this down for you:

-Miami has had problems with Orlando even with their poverty roster due to Dwight being in the interior and their lack of size. Now imagine how that will be with the addition of another 7 footer and a better roster.
-Westbrook will clearly have his way with Nash however, Dwight being in the paint somewhat neglects this. Also Dwight virtually won't have to even guard any of okc's bigs besides not allowing an easy dunk.

dab0osh
08-13-2012, 12:37 AM
Came in expecting OP to be red.

Left satisfied.

sups31
08-13-2012, 12:53 AM
it's confirmed, op does not even basketball.

AlphaBaller
08-13-2012, 12:59 AM
easily

hangcleanre
08-13-2012, 01:12 AM

this.
OP follows the NBA=Op plays 2k12.

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 01:15 AM
this.
OP follows the NBA=Op plays 2k12.

I am surprised you have either TV or Internet in Greece, thought the austerity measures would have let you down.

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Season 2011/2012
Kobe had 27 a game
Gasol had 17 a game
Howard had 20 a game
Nash had 12 a game
MWP hat 7 a game.

Thats 83 a game from your starters....assuming Kobe gonna Kobe (lol at olympics phaggy time player)
Gasol ain't getting younger and he will compete with Howard for points.

Jamison and Blake of the bench....

you rekon they will outscore teams?

HelloDurr
08-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Aussies know basketball?

Mindblown.

There wil be always lots of offense as long Nash is there.

TexasMajor
08-13-2012, 02:02 AM
I wish I knew how to read red.

JFizzle23
08-13-2012, 02:03 AM
obvious troll is obvious

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Aussies know basketball?

Mindblown.

There wil be always lots of offense as long Nash is there.

Nash does add some scoring cred, and Phoenix did finish far above LA in PPG last year-however he is another year older....

hes gonna need to average 30 assists a game to get these guys past OKC, Miami,Denver, New York...

toujane
08-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Season 2011/2012
Kobe had 27 a game
Gasol had 17 a game
Howard had 20 a game
Nash had 12 a game
MWP hat 7 a game.

Thats 83 a game from your starters....assuming Kobe gonna Kobe (lol at olympics phaggy time player)
Gasol ain't getting younger and he will compete with Howard for points.

Jamison and Blake of the bench....

you rekon they will outscore teams?

ur kinda stupid tbh. srsly not sure if srs right now. lets break this down stats wise cuz phuk it its pretty interesting anyways troll or not.

Lakers were 15th in ppg last season.

Big Changes:

DHoward - Bynum
Steve Nash - Sessions
No scoring bench players - Jamison

DHoward avgs 20ppg on 57% shooting. Bynum averaged 18.5 on 15%. DHoward obliterates Bynum in the rebounding category. His offensive rebounding in particular will greatly increase LA's scoring. In addition, Howard (or Bynum) has never played with the facilitator and pick and pop threat that Steve Nash is. Steve Nash FLOURISHES with DHoward tpye big men (athletic finishers) as will DHoward. I expect DHoward's ppg to increase to 22ppgish as he has jsut entered his prime, is entering the last year of his contract and has enormous pressure, and has further refined his post game.

Gasol wont fight with touches with Howard. Gasol fought for touches with an emerging Bynum last year and STILL averaged 17 ppg. DHoward isnt the post scorer (in the sense of needing touches) that Bynum is. If anything, i expect Gasol's productivity to increase.

MWP had the worst scocring season of his life last year. I dont see how it gets any worse from there.

Steve Nash may have only avg'd 12 ppg last season but he did it on FIFTY THREE PERCENT SHOOTING which is insanely high especially for a perimeter player who shoots three's. Not to mention you're forgetting the fact that he WILL rank in the top 3 in assists, directly increasing the ppg average/efficiency average for the other players. To compare, Sessions averaged 12 ppg, 6 assists on 47 percent shooting (rarely took 3's). That is a huge HUGE drop off.

Steve Blake, our most reliable bench scorer last season (lmao) averaged 5.2 ppg. Five Point Two. The highest ppg off the bench was indeed Barnes (7.2 lmaoo), but he was GOD AWFUL. Now, what did Antawn avg last year?.... 17 ppg. Albeit he was a starter, i expect his minutes to cut off to 25ish (was at 33 min last year) but his efficiency to increase as he is not the 1-2 scoring option anymore. He will probably average around 13 ppg and will be a legitimate sixth man.

GPx
08-13-2012, 02:29 AM
It's a good thing defense wins championships then huh?

australiasbrain
08-13-2012, 04:54 AM
ur kinda stupid tbh. srsly not sure if srs right now. lets break this down stats wise cuz phuk it its pretty interesting anyways troll or not.

Big Changes:

DHoward - Bynum
Steve Nash - Sessions

DHoward avgs 20ppg on 57% shooting. Bynum averaged 18.5 on 15%. DHoward obliterates Bynum in the rebounding category. His offensive rebounding in particular will greatly increase LA's scoring. In addition, Howard (or Bynum) has never played with the facilitator and pick and pop threat that Steve Nash is. Steve Nash FLOURISHES with DHoward tpye big men (athletic finishers) as will DHoward. I expect DHoward's ppg to increase to 22ppgish as he has jsut entered his prime, is entering the last year of his contract and has enormous pressure, and has further refined his post game.

Gasol wont fight with touches with Howard. Gasol fought for touches with an emerging Bynum last year and STILL averaged 17 ppg. DHoward isnt the post scorer (in the sense of needing touches) that Bynum is. If anything, i expect Gasol's productivity to increase.

MWP had the worst scocring season of his life last year. I dont see how it gets any worse from there.

Steve Nash may have only avg'd 12 ppg last season but he did it on FIFTY THREE PERCENT SHOOTING which is insanely high especially for a perimeter player who shoots three's. Not to mention you're forgetting the fact that he WILL rank in the top 3 in assists, directly increasing the ppg average/efficiency average for the other players. To compare, Sessions averaged 12 ppg, 6 assists on 47 percent shooting (rarely took 3's). That is a huge HUGE drop off.

Steve Blake, our most reliable bench scorer last season (lmao) averaged 5.2 ppg. Five Point Two. The highest ppg off the bench was indeed Barnes (7.2 lmaoo), but he was GOD AWFUL. Now, what did Antawn avg last year?.... 17 ppg. Albeit he was a starter, i expect his minutes to cut off to 25ish (was at 33 min last year) but his efficiency to increase as he is not the 1-2 scoring option anymore. He will probably average around 13 ppg and will be a legitimate sixth man.

Can I be honest, non of that convinces me that LA will be able to score enough to beat the top 3, 4 teams.

dab0osh
08-13-2012, 06:06 AM
OP is a troll, lets all neg train his ass and get on with our life

LargePeter
08-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Might be true, but I can ride the roller coaster...

Spud Web could still dunk on you midget.
lmfao, OP is dumb as fuark and makes Aussie NBA fans look bad - but the Spud Webb comment is gold

LargePeter
08-13-2012, 06:41 AM

Big Changes:

DHoward - Bynum
Steve Nash - Sessions

Kobe got traded??

regGQ
08-13-2012, 06:45 AM
"How are the lakers going to post a winning score next year?"

http://translate.google.com/

http://imgboot.com/images/dizzin9/1264973070058.jpg
fukking this

fingerblaster69
08-13-2012, 06:58 AM
if the lakers want to win they need to realize it will be nash's team. if nash isn't allowed to do what he wants to do without interference from kobe they will lose. kobe is not a top 10 player anymore.

JustBulk
08-13-2012, 08:23 AM
if the lakers want to win they need to realize it will be nash's team. if nash isn't allowed to do what he wants to do without interference from kobe they will lose. kobe is not a top 10 player anymore.

Lol. Let's play along, name the ten players before Kobe.

PS: Try not to make us die laughing.