PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Moments of the 2012 Olympic Games

mexanacho
08-12-2012, 09:09 PM
What was everyones favorite moments from these games? Mine were in no particular order..

1) Lu xiaojun breaking total wr in olympic lifting
2) Mexico upsetting Brazil in the soccer finals
3) Michael Phelps and Usain Bolt owning everyone for the second straight olympics
4) Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis winning golds on the same night and watching the English fans going absolutely ape****
5) Sun Yang and Ye Shiewen winning gold medals for China in primetime and eternally rustling the jimmies of an entire nation after witnessing Chinese athletes win in a traditionally Western dominated sport.

honorable mentions: Korea eliminating England in soccer quarterfinals, watching the indian fans go ape**** after that Kumar guy made it into the finals, Columbian guy medaling in weightlifting, Jacob Varner surprising everyone and winning gold today in wrestling

Hardcore_D00d
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
those r pretty good. i agree with u and i would add in andy murray domninating federer was cool too

danbuc
08-12-2012, 09:42 PM
No Alex Morgan brah??

PjzBoozer
08-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Serena C Walk

USA winning Gold in BBall

Misty May and Kerri Walsh winning third consecutive title in beach volleyball

Paola Espinosa and Alejandra Orozco winning silver in Women's synchronized 10 metre platform - Mexican brah checking in

BobbyGz
08-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Steroid asian chick swimmer

akalarry
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
badminton players expelled due to tanking
south korean fencer loses because of the volunteer timekeeper
south african swimmer openly admits to cheating but keeps win
british cyclist openly admits to falling on purpose to start again and keeps win
16 year old chinese girl wins gold, must be on steroids
15 year old american girl wins gold, america's the best

Madsen89
08-12-2012, 09:52 PM
North Korea winning 4 medals; 3 of which were gold. Too boss.

JoshSelbyfor3
08-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Lol @ you phaggots forgetting a GOAT performance.

Did you not watch the qualifier Women's basketball game between France and Great Britain where Celine Dumerc did her best Carmelo impersonation. One of the greatest moments I've ever witnessed in a basketball game (srs).
I'd post the clip but I don't have 50 posts.

brb_ballin
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Canadian women's soccer getting bronze after getting screwed vs. the USA is in my top 5 for sure.

they wanted to medal and they finally did.. Sinclair finally getting her validation.

newtmiscer
08-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Jordan Burroughs when he got the win for gold against the Iranian in 78(i think) kg wrestling, that was crazy

mexanacho
08-12-2012, 10:14 PM
16 year old chinese girl wins gold, must be on steroids
15 year old american girl wins gold, america's the best

Lol not to mention Missy franklin is only 17 also and broke more WRs then the chinese girl did.

jesusonaciid
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
phelps
bolt
gabby douglas
budias (platform diving, beating tom daley and the chinese) becoming first american male to win the event since like 92 or something like that.
mo farah winning 5k and 10k

Gooner89
08-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Mo Farah- I like seeing the host country athletes perform well, incredible double in the 5K and 10K.
Phelps- Broke record for all-time medals etc...
Bolt- First since Lewis, cemented legacy
Women's Gymnastics- Dominated. Does the the rest of the world even gymnastics?
Murray- Nice to finally get over the hump even if it wasn't a grand slam, in front of his own people no less.

evansanity
08-12-2012, 11:11 PM
phelps
USA basketball
USA diver winning Gold in a traditional chinese dominated sport, rustling the whole poor communist nation(lol i bet they showed the chinese guy winning on the chinese news)
USA and jamaica in the 4x100
USA womens gymnastics
USA's missy franklin
USA vs italy finals in 60m archry
USA's asthon eaton winning gold
USA's women's 4x400 and 4x100 team
All USA final in women's beach vollyball
USA women winning gold in soccer

Also- mo farah ennis and the long jumper all winning gold for the brits in like a 20 minute time span or something, bolt doing good, and Oscar running thr 400 with fake legs.

mexanacho
08-12-2012, 11:22 PM
USA diver winning Gold in a traditional chinese dominated sport, rustling the whole poor communist nation(lol i bet they showed the chinese guy winning on the chinese news)

Haha well played man, agree with you about oscar too, forgot about him in the op

feardafronfz3
08-12-2012, 11:28 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/509/178/AlexMorgan_header_original.gif?1344288583

gswarrior510
08-12-2012, 11:32 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/509/178/AlexMorgan_header_original.gif?1344288583

dat

JaxBrah
08-12-2012, 11:47 PM
dat

This.

Also USA vs Nigeria. Motherofgod at the 3s

The misc getting silent after realizing the US would finish with most golds, silvers, and total medals. Phaggots couldent rely on their chibese overlords to belittle the US anymore

Host country losing to korea in their most beloved sport

Adrian completely dominating his leg of the swimming relay to give Phelps his final gold

Guor Marial pounding his chest after finishing the marathon and not representing any country. Great story. A Sudan refugee who refused to compete for sudan.

evansanity
08-13-2012, 10:17 AM
This.

Also USA vs Nigeria. Motherofgod at the 3s

The misc getting silent after realizing the US would finish with most golds, silvers, and total medals. Phaggots couldent rely on their chibese overlords to belittle the US anymore

Host country losing to korea in their most beloved sport

Adrian completely dominating his leg of the swimming relay to give Phelps his final gold

Guor Marial pounding his chest after finishing the marathon and not representing any country. Great story. A Sudan refugee who refused to compete for sudan.

lol so much this. all the china bandwagoners got quiet real fast...

Onita
08-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Jordan Burroughs when he got the win for gold against the Iranian in 78(i think) kg wrestling, that was crazy

74 kg. Dat der blast double

http://p.twimg.com/A0B4pIoCUAAR4jQ.jpg:large

Bezzz
08-13-2012, 11:26 AM
I dont remember the name but watching the Japenese dude in all round was pretty cool and the long distance swimmer from Australia but was chineese? was like a 1500 freestyle and he overlapped some dudes x2

amdtechguy83
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Maroney's vault
USA women's beach volleyball final