PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why LeBron won't be greater than Jordan. I haven't heard one logical reason

HDough
08-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Yes, MJ is the greatest basketball player ever. There is no doubt about that. But there is also no doubt that LeBron is better than Jordan at any given age, which is a much more fair comparison.

Age 16-17:
LeBron: #1 rated HS player in the nation
Jordan: Didn't even make HS basketball team

18-22:
LeBron (in NBA): 26.7 ppg, 6.5 apg, 6.6 rpg, 3 time All Star
Jordan (in college): 17.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 1.8 apg

By age 27:
LeBron: 3 MVPs, 3 Finals appearances, 1 championship, Finals MVP
Jordan: 0 MVPs, 0 Finals appearances, 0 championships, 0 Finals MVP

Anything can happen, but just looking at it from a purely logical standpoint, there isn't anything to suggest LeBron won't finish his career as the greatest of all time. What Jordan accomplished from age 28-35 is irrelevant because LeBron is only 27. Why would LeBron suddenly not be as good as Jordan in the next 8 years if he was better for the first 27? I mean if you said Jordan would be the GOAT when he was 27, people would have laughed.

StarfaceChris
08-12-2012, 02:43 PM
idk maybe because lebron has choked more in 2011 than jordan did his entire career?

jakobi
jordan 6-0 in nba finals 6 finals mvps...same team
lebron 1-2 in nba finals....switched team

case closed

ShadowBarkley
There isnt anything logical to support he will finish better than jordan. Do players not get worse or better? The point is...nobody knows if lebron will keep pace, get better, or get worse.

So...how about we stop making the same stupid threads everyday?

http://i.minus.com/i6J7hlQogSA9J.gif

jakobi
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
jordan's name (logo) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lebron...

YellowOnYellow
08-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Strong first post to trying to start an epic, over done debate ratio.

Sending you to the deep red!

Misctify
So what's your other account OP?

StrongM477
he's already a better all around player than jordan ever was. just gotta get at least 3 rings and he'll go down as the goat

jakobi
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
jordan wasnt even that good when he was in college...he has to worked his ass off...hence 3rd pick

lebron was already gifted

HDough
08-12-2012, 02:47 PM
jordan 6-0 in nba finals 6 finals mvps...same team
lebron 1-2 in nba finals....switched team

case closed

again, what Jordan accomplished from age 28-35 is irrelevent since LeBron is 27. What did Jordan accomplish by age 27?

BrickJames
08-12-2012, 02:49 PM
Please don't ever compare me to the GOAT

porcupinetree
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
The difference is....

for 7 years, Jordan couldn't win a title because his team wasn't good enough.
Then he made his teammates better

For 7 years, Lebron couldn't win a title because his team wasn't good enough.
Then he switched teams

lee4
08-12-2012, 03:06 PM
interesting comparison OP.

i found one too...

Comparison of accomplishments by both Jordan and Lebron by year...

1983: Jordan...winning NCAA Championship. Lebron...nothing.

1984-85: Jordan...averaging +28ppg as a rookie in the NBA. Lebron...sh*tting his pants.

1991-93: Jordan...racking up MVP's and winning Three-peat Championship. Lebron...nothing.

1996-98: Jordan...more MVP's and another Three-peat Championship. Lebron...discovering masterbation.

thanks OP, that was fun. i love meaningless comparisons aimed at projecting biased perspectives. oh, and red.

GetBig350
08-12-2012, 03:20 PM
he's already a better all around player than jordan ever was. just gotta get at least 3 rings and he'll go down as the goat

Hhahahaahaa is this real life?

Dtownboogie4
08-12-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc

businesslawbrah
08-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Lol lebrick.....pls go

SirPercival
08-12-2012, 03:44 PM
The difference is....

for 7 years, Jordan couldn't win a title because his team wasn't good enough.
Then he made his teammates better

For 7 years, Lebron couldn't win a title because his team wasn't good enough.
Then he switched teams

You mean like how he won 1 playoff game before Scottie Pippen?

SouthPawShooter
08-12-2012, 03:54 PM
Jordan: Didn't even make HS basketball team

That's a Nike generated myth.

StrongM477
08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Hhahahaahaa is this real life?

try tell how jordan was a better all around player. not just clutch shots.

4backcracks
08-12-2012, 04:13 PM
strong garbage arguments against the possibility ITT.

Michael Jordan had much better supporting casts in his early career than Lebron did. He sabotaged himself by belittling his teammates and destroying the team's chemistry. Jordan didn't win anything until
a. Phil Jackson became the head coach and helped Jordan better channel his superhuman competitiveness
b. Scottie Pippen elevated his game to a Hall of Fame Level.

These two coincided during the 1990-1991 season, when Jordan won his first ring. Before 1990, these were the end results of Jordan's first six seasons.

Bulls go 1-3. first round playoff loss
First round sweep
First round sweep
Eastern Conference Semis. Lose 1-4
Eastern Conference Finals Lose 2-4
Eastern Conference Finals Lose in 7

Let's make that perfectly clear. Jordan went 1-11 in the playoffs his first three years, and didn't reach the finals until his seventh. The myth of Jordan's dominance has gotten out of hand, and the whole story needs to be understood.

Frankly, DWade is no Pippen, Spoelstra is no Phil Jackson, and Lebron simply isn't wired to be as maniacally competitive as MJ was. I don't see Lebron racking up the rings the way Jordan did, and as a result I don't think he will ever really vie for GOAT status.

But to dismiss the possibility out of hand is stupid. Lebron's first 9 years were virtually identical to Jordan's, and were better from a team standpoint.

Inb4 I'm neg trained for being the only person ITT who actually knows NBA history.

StrongM477
08-12-2012, 04:22 PM
strong garbage arguments against the possibility ITT.

Michael Jordan had much better supporting casts in his early career than Lebron did. He sabotaged himself by belittling his teammates and destroying the team's chemistry. Jordan didn't win anything until
a. Phil Jackson became the head coach and helped Jordan better channel his superhuman competitiveness
b. Scottie Pippen elevated his game to a Hall of Fame Level.

These two coincided during the 1990-1991 season, when Jordan won his first ring. Before 1990, these were the end results of Jordan's first six seasons.

Bulls go 1-3. first round playoff loss
First round sweep
First round sweep
Eastern Conference Semis. Lose 1-4
Eastern Conference Finals Lose 2-4
Eastern Conference Finals Lose in 7

Let's make that perfectly clear. Jordan went 1-11 in the playoffs his first three years, and didn't reach the finals until his seventh. The myth of Jordan's dominance has gotten out of hand, and the whole story needs to be understood.

Frankly, DWade is no Pippen, Spoelstra is no Phil Jackson, and Lebron simply isn't wired to be as maniacally competitive as MJ was. I don't see Lebron racking up the rings the way Jordan did, and as a result I don't think he will ever really vie for GOAT status.

But to dismiss the possibility out of hand is stupid. Lebron's first 9 years were virtually identical to Jordan's, and were better from a team standpoint.

Inb4 I'm neg trained for being the only person ITT who actually knows NBA history.

rockclapping.gif

lee4
08-12-2012, 04:28 PM

better all around player???

please name one time in lebrons career he averaged...
+30ppg
8 rpg
8 apg,
shot better than 53%fg,
while taking 3 steals per game
and being ALL-NBA 1st Team Defense and Offense???

i'll wait right here where you show lebron's more "well rounded" statistics...

dab0osh
08-12-2012, 04:29 PM
because we aren't wizards and can't predict the future.

ScuderiaF1
08-12-2012, 04:39 PM

This is not news. Everyone knows the Bulls were beaten by better teams in his first 3 seasons. MJ played fantastic in all 3 of those series. He could not have done anything more to help his team win.

He was 1-9 by the way.

yungbreezy
08-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Strong serious answers to obvious troll thread. The best Lebron could hope for is someday being compared to Luke Walton.

JustBulk
08-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Let's bump this thread in 8 years.

milkman04
08-13-2012, 08:46 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY7ULrhMrQVuY39-rc9GH6a0RzLxxE2Wh_BhShppG-gBXvSjduYO3eORIcvA

HayZues Christi
08-13-2012, 08:51 AM

lol. age. 20

know more about nba history than anybody else... except how many games long playoff series used to be... lol

4backcracks
08-13-2012, 09:30 AM
lol. age. 20

know more about nba history than anybody else... except how many games long playoff series used to be... lol

easy champ just a little math slip up. doesnt disprove my point.

JrM703
08-13-2012, 09:34 AM
because we aren't wizards and can't predict the future.

Michael Jordan was a Wizard.

wsrballa14
08-13-2012, 09:39 AM
easy champ just a little math slip up. doesnt disprove my point.

Except when Jordan couldn't make it to the Finals, he was getting beat out by Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, and Bill Lambier. Lebron couldn't get past Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and Hedo Turkoglu. He also couldn't get past Chauncy Billups, Tayshaun Prince, and Rip Hamilton.

KevFranchiseHan
08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Except when Jordan couldn't make it to the Finals, he was getting beat out by Isaiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, and Bill Lambier. Lebron couldn't get past Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and Hedo Turkoglu. He also couldn't get past Chauncy Billups, Tayshaun Prince, and Rip Hamilton.

uh i don't remember LeBron losing to the pistons

LeBron lost to kg, paul pierce, ray allen (three HOFers)

and tony parker tim duncan manu ginobili (another three HOFers)

wsrballa14
08-13-2012, 09:52 AM
uh i dont remember LeBron losing to the pistons.

LeBron lost to kg, paul pierce, ray allen (three HOFers)

and tony parker tim duncan manu ginobili (another three HOFers)

Then you have a **** memory.

05-06 lost to Detroit
06-07 lost to SA
07-08 lost to Boston
08-09 lost to Orlando
09-10 lost to Boston

KevFranchiseHan
08-13-2012, 09:55 AM

05-06 lost to Detroit
06-07 lost to SA
07-08 lost to Boston
08-09 lost to Orlando
09-10 lost to Boston

my bad but your point is still bad. the lakers with kobe and shaq lost to this team too

J2BDifferent
08-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Lebron basically beat the pistons by himself in 07 east finals. Scratch pistons off that list.

wsrballa14
08-13-2012, 10:04 AM
my bad but your point is still bad. the lakers with kobe and shaq lost to this team too

My point is directed towards the people who point out Jordan's lackluster start to his playoff career. He was going against four HOFers and another player who should be in the HOF in Detroit.

4backcracks
08-13-2012, 11:25 AM
My point is directed towards the people who point out Jordan's lackluster start to his playoff career. He was going against four HOFers and another player who should be in the HOF in Detroit.

Boston's Nucleus was 4 hall of famers, San Antonio's was 3 and a HOF coach.

I'm not saying LBJ had the better start. I said they were similar enough that Lebron shouldn't be dismissed out of hand as a potential GOAT candidate at this point in time.

AlphaDog3
08-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I actually came in intended to slam OP, but I can see what he's saying. I don't think it will happen though.

AlphaDog3
08-13-2012, 11:49 AM

05-06 lost to Detroit
06-07 lost to SA
07-08 lost to Boston
08-09 lost to Orlando
09-10 lost to Boston

All those teams were championship teams other than the Magic. IIRC, that Pistons team won a championship, the Spurs won a championship (it was the Finals), and the Celtics won a championship in 08. So, other than the Magic series it wasn't like he was exactly losing to bad teams. The Cavs were losing to championship teams that had a cast of Allstars on their rosters.

BladeRun
08-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Lebron won't be greater than Jordan unless he gets some quality PR management help. In person Jordan was even more of an arrogant prick than James, however he kept his image in tight control and the average fan thought he was a world-class hero and gentlemen (most still do).

If James keeps playing with the same demeanor that he did in the finals this year and keeps pulling in the accolades he'll be forever a source of debate with Jordan.

From a talent perspective he's already there, but as we've already seen that doesn't really get you to legendary Jordan status.

nvrstopworking
08-13-2012, 01:05 PM
LOL.... I love all of the posters under the age of 22 commenting on Jordan when in all likelihood they never saw him play a single game in a Bulls uni.

wsrballa14
08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
LOL.... I love all of the posters under the age of 22 commenting on Jordan when in all likelihood they never saw him play a single game in a Bulls uni.

Lol.....I love you making sweeping generalizations about posters when you know absolutely nothing about them. I have probably seen more games of Jordan in a Bulls uniform than you, my friend. But carry on assuming that because I'm not 36 years old I don't know anything about him.

lee4
08-13-2012, 01:40 PM

This argument^^^ gets this response\/ \/ \/ and...

better all around player???

please name one time in lebrons career he averaged...
+30ppg
8 rpg
8 apg,
shot better than 53%fg,
while taking 3 steals per game
and being ALL-NBA 1st Team Defense and Offense???

i'll wait right here where you show lebron's more "well rounded" statistics...

...all the forever leboner's pretend it doesn't exist. when reality is irrelevant, just like that, facts for lebron fans, are gone.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3ii2ynjht1qauh7ko1_500.gif

wsrballa14
08-13-2012, 01:52 PM
This.

1987-1988: 35 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 5.9 apg, 3.6 spg, 1.6 bpg, 53.5 FG%

Lol at Lebron **** riders who think Jordan's game wasn't versatile.

4backcracks
08-13-2012, 02:52 PM

This is legitimately a retard argument. Brb if you weren't alive to witness a historical event you're not qualified to talk about it, or to compare it's significance to modern day events.

And in case you forgot, you were 9 years old when Jordan had his best season.

Wu-Massacre
08-13-2012, 02:55 PM
idk maybe because lebron has choked more in 2011 than jordan did his entire career?Age 19....Jordan had terrible games in the finals before Twitter just didn't exist back then.

15thPeak
08-13-2012, 03:09 PM
MJ did it first. Deal with it.

StarfaceChris
08-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Age 19....Jordan had terrible games in the finals before Twitter just didn't exist back then.
jordan had less bad games in all of his 6 finals combined than lebrick did in 2011.

lmfao @ lebrick getting outscored by jason terry.

yungbreezy
08-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Let me know when Jordan did this in the Finals:

Averaged 17 points for a series

Averaged 2 points in the 4th quarter

Had 8 points in an entire game

Averaged close to 6 turnovers a game

Shot 36% for a series

Had the biggest drop in points production from the regular season to Finals in NBA history

Or had a winning percentage of 33%

aces8
09-19-2013, 06:45 AM
but who was kobe

FAH_Q
09-19-2013, 07:29 AM

As one poster said "Jordan played fantastic in those games and couldn't have done anything more to win the game"

Pretty sure Lebron scored the last 25 consecutive pts for Cleveland in the 4th qtr and OT to hang with the Pistons. Thats a prime example of putting a team on your back.

bpatel82
09-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Strong bump phaggot.

Elfishpresly
09-19-2013, 08:46 AM
After all is said and done lebron will go as the #1 GOAT. His potential and ceiling is so much higher than jordans, and hes reaching it

DefensiveEnd896
09-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Strong bump phaggot.

This.

The topic has been beaten to death. We will have to wait to c how LeBron does in this upcoming season then we can revisit the topic.

niknguyen
09-19-2013, 09:20 AM
but who was kobe

http://replygif.net/i/980.gif