08-12-2012, 12:45 PM
population: 1,241,491,960
Medals: 6
Gold: 0

silver and bronze in shooting
silver and bronze in wrestling
bronze in badminton
bronze in boxing

is this real life? how does a country with this kind of population suck so bad at sports?

hundieMachine
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM
majority of the country lives in poverty iirc

jakobi
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM

bronze in badminton
bronze in boxing

is this real life? how does a country with this kind of population suck so bad at sports?

just bad genetics

feardafronfz3
08-12-2012, 12:47 PM
slumdog millionaire success story not even once

jakobi
08-12-2012, 12:51 PM
25 total medals since 1900....

jesusonaciid
08-12-2012, 12:55 PM
safe to say worst genetics in the world?

LostOne287
08-12-2012, 12:55 PM
majority of the country lives in poverty iirc

Kenya medals: 11

Nocturne808
08-12-2012, 12:56 PM
if there was an olympics for IT, I'm sure they would win.

feardafronfz3
08-12-2012, 12:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Xe1ZZ.png

http://partner-ad.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/girlinthegarden/yourealmadoprah.gif

beepbeep
08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Kenya medals: 11
Kenyans have plenty of room to train for long distance races.

Indians would hit three people and an elephant before they could take a step. (noracist)

floppyflaps
08-12-2012, 01:01 PM
People are going to make excuses like there's no culture for sports, and not enough money being put into it.

I bring up the case of Trinidad and Tobago. An island country with a bit over a million people, about half of them are of indian descent, the other half is of African descent.

Everyone has a very similar culture, and the same access to sports funding. Yet, all the medalists in the country's history are non-indian, they are black or white.

The real reason is that Indians aren't very genetically gifted in terms of sports.

batman15
08-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Sure, knock them for their athletic performance.

But next time your shiit breaks and you have to call tech support, remember who's helping you fix it.

feardafronfz3
08-12-2012, 01:02 PM

But next time your shiit breaks and you have to call tech support, remember who's helping you fix it.
A radiologist in India before coming to the States for all this opportunity

relaxigotthis
08-12-2012, 01:06 PM
the only sport they care about--but still they should do better at the olympics

http://www.newsreporter.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Best-Indian-cricketing-team-with-World-CUP.jpg

BullStampede
08-12-2012, 01:22 PM

this. Barely any olympic medals, but usually more qualified for a job than most of you in here. deal with it.

fythoala
08-12-2012, 01:25 PM
worst athletic genetics but they're all smarter than you

batman15
08-12-2012, 01:26 PM
They'd fuk your life up with a cricket paddle. Bet.

fofm
08-12-2012, 01:26 PM
They're living in poverty... Do you know much it costs to train your kids in sports like gymnastics, diving, cycling, shooting and all of that... They don't even have the proper facilities to train in. Why do you think its always the developed European countries and the US that always win at gymnastics (just using this sports as an example this is a very expensive sport). You never see an Africian win these events

AmazinJason
08-12-2012, 01:27 PM
the only sport they care about--but still they should do better at the olympics

http://www.newsreporter.in/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Best-Indian-cricketing-team-with-World-CUP.jpg
Oh look, it's Tim Duncan on the far right. What's he doing playing for the Indian cricket team.

feardafronfz3
08-12-2012, 01:29 PM
They're living in poverty... Do you know much it costs to train your kids in sports like gymnastics, diving, cycling, shooting and all of that... They don't even have the proper facilities to train in. Why do you think its always the developed European countries and the US that always win at gymnastics (just using this sports as an example this is a very expensive sport). You never see an Africian win these events
http://imgon.net/di-K5PV.gif

JoshSelbyfor3
08-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Cricket isn't in the Olympics, although I'm pretty sure when it was India didn't even medal in it.

jaySWAG
08-12-2012, 01:42 PM
india doesnt really have a athletic culture, sure there kinda athletically like the chinese but you have to fund a athletic program

usually poverty gives kids a motivation to get involved in sports but beyond cricket theres nothing else in india

_NEMESIS_
08-12-2012, 01:51 PM
this. Barely any olympic medals, but usually more qualified for a job than most of you in here. deal with it.

batman was making a joke you dumbass.

folly412
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
bronze in boxing

So they've just got to find more close contact sports where their infamous BO can be used to knock out opponents?

Reptarr
08-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Cricket isn't in the Olympics, although I'm pretty sure when it was India didn't even medal in it.

umm cricket has only been played once at the olympics (1900) and there were only 2 teams, France and GB.

RobertPlant
08-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Lol @ indians being smart. They are good at reciting scientific/mathematic formulas invented/discovered by white people.

TranceOfPeace
08-12-2012, 02:04 PM
if they dont play sport why they stink so bad?

Reptarr
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Lol @ indians being smart. They are good at reciting scientific/mathematic formulas invented/discovered by white people.

not sure if srs but I know for a fact most math comes from greece, egypt, parts of the middle east, china, and india.

jump_man23
08-12-2012, 02:07 PM
worst athletic genetics but they're all smarter than you

Most of the country is impoverished and lacks the opportunity for education

The Indians in America are the 1%

E-Tank
08-12-2012, 02:07 PM

so you cant be smart if you learn things discovered by another race?

GetHimABodyBag
08-12-2012, 02:12 PM
silver and bronze medals are still elite and impressive.

You guys that fuking dumb to realize that a bronze medalist is still amazing at what he/she does? We are talking about the world, out of thousands and thousands of athletes.

jkh25
08-12-2012, 02:13 PM
lol. those are some pretty bad stats

yoitspmart
08-12-2012, 02:14 PM
well i can think of one way to fix the overpopulated world problem

Hercegovac8
08-12-2012, 02:16 PM

Not an excuse

countries like South Africa, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Botswana, Kenya, ect all have a much smaller population, are just as, or even more impoverished, and yet received more medal

how u explain that?

RobertPlant
08-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Math is like music

Arabs made a folk country song with a banjo.

Austrian/hungarian/germans wrote a fckin bach symphony. Figured out formulas no one could dream of in india.

feardafronfz3
08-12-2012, 02:23 PM

You guys that fuking dumb to realize that a bronze medalist is still amazing at what he/she does? We are talking about the world, out of thousands and thousands of athletes.
http://i.imgur.com/B3taV.jpg

GetHimABodyBag
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Not an excuse

countries like South Africa, Trinidad & Tobago, Jamaica, Botswana, Kenya, ect all have a much smaller population, are just as, or even more impoverished, and yet received more medal

how u explain that?

Culture/Nurture

LostOne287
08-12-2012, 02:28 PM

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/orly/grand/orly_gif.gif

PatrickBateman1
08-12-2012, 02:29 PM

lol this

brb everyone in India is a rocket scientists because I know some smart rich Indian kids at my college. Generalizing idiots.

Hercegovac8
08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Culture/Nurture

come on dude, just admit indians arent that athletic

who would have predicted some random South African would beat Phelps in his favorite race?

How much of a swimming culture does a place like South Africa really have?

GetHimABodyBag
08-12-2012, 02:34 PM
[img]http://i.imgur.com/B3taV.jpg[img]

[IMG]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/orly/grand/orly_gif.gif[IMG]

I am very far from being Indian, so yeah.

Do you even play and compete in sports? There is some poverty Indian who just medal'ed in the largest world competition...what did you do recently btw?

jakobi
08-12-2012, 02:36 PM

just admit that indians have bad athletic genetics

jump_man23
08-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Not an excuse

how u explain that?

I wasn't defending India. I hate people who say "her derp all Indians are so smart!1"

JM2412
08-12-2012, 02:38 PM
I have never met an athletic Indian person IRL (SRS).

feardafronfz3
08-12-2012, 02:46 PM
You would think that a country with a billion+ people would have atleast 1 athletic specimen, but apparently not

GetHimABodyBag
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM

who would have predicted some random South African would beat Phelps in his favorite race?

East Asians are not known for being athletic according to general stereotypes and on this board/Misc. Yet China is/has some of the top weightlifters in the world. Why? Genetics may play a role, but there success should be attributed to culture/nurture they have around weightlifting in China, hard work, and maybe some cell tech cycling..lol. Same with swimming and gymnastics.

Again, some of guys don't even realize how elite even a silver and bronze medalist are in their prospective sports, is that so hard to comprehend?

my_name_is_bob
08-12-2012, 02:54 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m58nksGvW91qh78pjo1_500.gif

Hercegovac8
08-12-2012, 02:57 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m58nksGvW91qh78pjo1_500.gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/303346_o.gif

jakobi
08-12-2012, 02:58 PM
even a little country like brunei has a medal..

brb 3 athletes ....1 medal

india 85 athletes ...6 medals...ahahhaha what a joke

bpatel82
08-12-2012, 03:01 PM

Strong phaggot.

kooldude
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM

That's like saying Jews aren't smart bc they recited things from the Arabs

bpatel82
08-12-2012, 03:04 PM

You would think that a country with a billion+ people would have atleast 1 athletic specimen, but apparently not

Lol.. Coming from phaggots with no avi.

MyAvatar
08-12-2012, 03:04 PM
ITT OP unaware of cricket

Hercegovac8
08-12-2012, 03:05 PM
ITT OP unaware of cricket

as is the rest of the world lol

VTheKing
08-12-2012, 03:11 PM
lol, the Misc... geez.

You know, one country focusing on developing Olympic programs mean others who don't care as much missing out on medals. India not only doesn't practise most Olympic sports as part of their leisure but they also don't have the tournaments/camps/clubs/public funding to support them. Of course even the better athletes in a country won't become world beaters without proper coaching/direction/experience because in the Olympics only the three best at each event win anything.

You see some poorer countries racking in medals because they focus on sports that a lot of their population already practise by themselves.

MyAvatar
08-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Strong phaggot.

Lol I'm pretty sure a lot of core math principles came from Indians, including the number system

miscreant5
08-12-2012, 03:16 PM
There is almost no training infrastructure for most sports, apart from cricket. The government invests almost nothing in identifying, developing, and supporting athletes. There isn't a traditional culture of sports apart from cricket. It's mostly driven individuals trying to improve their athletic talent while scraping out a living. Only a rare few win world championships and medals and receive monetary awards.

Our two medalists in wrestling both come from extremely rural and poor areas. They are both vegetarians and mostly rely on milk for their nutrition. These are the sorts of facilities in which they trained:

http://lamutamu.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/london-olympics-sushil_kumar_India-sexy.jpg

http://media.indiatimes.in/media/olympics/content/2012/Aug/sushil-kumar-ed_1344513926_636x358.jpg

I think things will start to change in the next decade or two because the private sector is starting to fill the voids left by our inept government. There are a few multinational corporations who are beginning to sponsor and train athletes.

TXAg
08-12-2012, 03:18 PM
not sure if srs but I know for a fact most math comes from greece, egypt, parts of the middle east, china, and india.

Not sure if srs... Newton, Euler, Gauss, Riemann, Leibniz... pretty much all the truly important stuff from the last ~500 years... bunch of Europeans.

Hell, Newton is the GOAT by a long shot. brb Newton is the father of calculus and physics.

aragon416
08-12-2012, 03:28 PM

ummm.....chad le clos won gold for the 200m butterfly in the 2010 World Championships, 2010 Commonwealth Games, 2011 All-Africa Games and now in the 2012 Olympics plus a silver in the 2010 Youth Olympic Games. Its not like he randomly came out of nowhere and won the 200m butterfly.

PatrickBateman1
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Totally irrelevant, but I just thought of this vid for some reason. So lulz.

http://www.epicfail.com/2011/06/11/pimp-my-ride-fail-6/

TXAg
08-12-2012, 03:29 PM
People are going to make excuses like there's no culture for sports, and not enough money being put into it.

I bring up the case of Trinidad and Tobago. An island country with a bit over a million people, about half of them are of indian descent, the other half is of African descent.

Everyone has a very similar culture, and the same access to sports funding. Yet, all the medalists in the country's history are non-indian, they are black or white.

The real reason is that Indians aren't very genetically gifted in terms of sports.

interdasting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Trinidad_and_Tobago
Did not realize that there are more people of Indian decent in Trinidad and Tobago than African decent.

FKAri
08-12-2012, 03:39 PM
They dont give a **** just like China didnt give a **** until a few years ago. Once they start giving a **** theyll do well. Population + money = 2 biggest factors.

As for contribution to science? I shouldnt have to tell you how biased our history books are in Europe's favor. There were remarkable contributions by the Middle East, China and India. Beyond that any nation in history that has enjoyed a period of prosperity has shown remarkable contribution.

ElMariachi
08-12-2012, 03:52 PM

bronze in badminton
bronze in boxing

They're too busy studying so they can that someday they can tell the kids who spent their time playing sports to go fetch the coffee???

I do think it has to do with cultural influences, don't think athletics is too highly prized in Indian culture, although the women sure love to admire guys with dem dere aesthetic physiques. Diet probably plays a part, as well as generally ****ty training facilities and a lack of national emphasis on Olympic training overall.

08-12-2012, 04:03 PM
First time I've ever seen Trinidad and Tobago mentioned on the Misc

mirin

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cOP6Lu2kIb5t/x610.jpg

becomegreen
08-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes never thought about it. India does suck at sports lol. Is this **** real?

Jrdath
08-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Not an excuse

how u explain that?

Jamaica isn't impoverished lol

BullStampede
08-12-2012, 06:27 PM
batman was making a joke you dumbass.

not nice.

jxd
08-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Their diet is freaking horrible, a lot of them don't eat any meat.

LostOne287
08-12-2012, 06:34 PM
They're too busy studying so they can that someday they can tell the kids who spent their time playing sports to go fetch the coffee???

I do think it has to do with cultural influences, don't think athletics is too highly prized in Indian culture, although the women sure love to admire guys with dem dere aesthetic physiques. Diet probably plays a part, as well as generally ****ty training facilities and a lack of national emphasis on Olympic training overall.

Diet is at least 50% of it. Let's be cereal, Indian cuisine is probably the sh*ttiest in the entire world.

CurryTech777
08-12-2012, 06:36 PM

because meat = good diet

India is just not a sporting nation. Cricket came to India through England and is the only real sport. We enjoy more casual games but nothing that requires specific training etc. The hindu religion also plays a factor into us not being super proud of our country and wanting to represent it (when is the last time you heard of hindus trying to convert people like Christians or Muslims?) . I am more proud to know that women, living well below the poverty line, gather by the thousands to pray for world peace in our nation's capital.

iamgenus
They dont give a **** just like China didnt give a **** until a few years ago. Once they start giving a **** theyll do well. Population + money = 2 biggest factors.

As for contribution to science? I shouldnt have to tell you how biased our history books are in Europe's favor. There were remarkable contributions by the Middle East, China and India. Beyond that any nation in history that has enjoyed a period of prosperity has shown remarkable contribution.

China is one of the most popular nations out there. India not so much. There is a crapload of poor people there and the rich ones don't give a fuk about athletics. Basically the ones who would bust their ass to train and compete don't have the means to do it and the ones who do are busy counting their rupees and not giving a fuk.

But you guys just wait til snake charming is a sport!

RJxEdge

brb curry with noodles and oil. Strong carbs and fat to protein ratio

I went to India in 08 on a mission trip. If you go there you will understand why they do not pump out the atheltes. Most live in poverty in places that look like a landfill with cattle sh*tting everywhere and 9 people in a 1 room hut. Horrible

floppyflaps
08-12-2012, 06:39 PM
because meat = good diet

India is just not a sporting nation. Cricket came to India through England and is the only real sport. We enjoy more casual games but nothing that requires specific training etc. The hindu religion also plays a factor into us not being super proud of our country and wanting to represent it (when is the last time you heard of hindus trying to convert people like Christians or Muslims?) . I am more proud to know that women, living well below the poverty line, gather by the thousands to pray for world peace in our nation's capital.

Meat is a good diet for athletics.

ElMariachi
08-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Diet is at least 50% of it. Let's be cereal, Indian cuisine is probably the sh*ttiest in the entire world.

For athletics or for overall health? You realize Indians have like the world's lowest rates of Alzheimers and low rates of cancer, diabetes and other common diseases. Their diet is very anti-inflammatory, maybe not ideal for sports performance though.

floppyflaps
08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
For athletics or for overall health? You realize Indians have like the world's lowest rates of Alzheimers and low rates of cancer, diabetes and other common diseases. Their diet is very anti-inflammatory, maybe not ideal for sports performance though.

It's still not very good for you though, they have high rates of heart problems because of their diet.

also diabetes has been rapidly rising in India

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v485/n7398_supp/full/485S14a.html

LostOne287
08-12-2012, 06:47 PM

Yeah I meant in terms of athletic performance, their diet is horrible. I don't think I've ever seen an Indian IRL with a good physique.

ElMariachi
08-12-2012, 06:52 PM
It's still not very good for you though, they have high rates of heart problems because of their diet.

also diabetes has been rapidly rising in India

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v485/n7398_supp/full/485S14a.html

As they are consuming more Westernized foods. A traditional Indian diet is very heart healthy overall but with fast food popping up all over the place, they're going to have the same issues as the rest of the world is having. Not to mention most Indians are skinny-fat to begin with.

ElMariachi
08-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah I meant in terms of athletic performance, their diet is horrible. I don't think I've ever seen an Indian IRL with a good physique.

http://www.musicsongz.com/wp-content/uploads/Ghuman.jpg

There's definitely some out there but as much as their diet is good for overall health, it generally leads to "pooch belly"...ie......the "skinny fat" appearance. Skinny frame, skinny legs, low muscle tone and small chub belly.

bpatel82
08-12-2012, 07:09 PM
brb curry with noodles and oil. Strong carbs and fat to protein ratio

I went to India in 08 on a mission trip. If you go there you will understand why they do not pump out the atheltes. Most live in poverty in places that look like a landfill with cattle sh*tting everywhere and 9 people in a 1 room hut. Horrible

What an idiot. Making generalizations based on one trip.

Edit: its not about money or diet or genetics. It's just people/government don't give a sht about Olympics. There is no system in place for these kind of sports.

WRXbrah
08-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Culture. Kids are always told to study hard and the ones that are athletically gifted do sports that are not in the Olympics. (Kabbadi/Cricket) Its all changing though with the new generations so I would say in another 8-12 years, you'll see India become more competetive in mainstream sports. Also kids in those countries cant afford to practice at state of the art facilities and/or have money for 100k custom steroid coctails.

RJxEdge
08-12-2012, 07:58 PM
What an idiot. Making generalizations based on one trip.

Edit: its not about money or diet or genetics. It's just people/government don't give a sht about Olympics. There is no system in place for these kind of sports.

I can make a more realistic generalization than you idiot. I have been there, i'm not just talking out of my ass

bpatel82
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
I can make a more realistic generalization than you idiot. I have been there, i'm not just talking out of my ass

Lol. If only you knew I lived there for 23 years. And you ARE talking out of your ass you retard if you believe what you said.