PDA

View Full Version : rofl who was behind the 04 olympic basketball team's roster?

evansanity
08-12-2012, 10:53 AM
lol this was awful

Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Amar'e Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Carlos Boozer, Carmelo Anthony, Stephon Marbury, Richard Jefferson, Lamar Odom, Emeka Okafor
Coach: Larry Brown

just lol@ bolded

dankydank
08-12-2012, 11:00 AM
lol this was awful

Tim Duncan, Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Amar'e Stoudemire, Shawn Marion, Carlos Boozer, Carmelo Anthony, Stephon Marbury, Richard Jefferson, Lamar Odom, Emeka Okafor
Coach: Larry Brown

just lol@ bolded

james wade melo and stat were all basically rookies also
not the top players they are now

that team still could have won if it wasnt for starbury and the cancer
those 2 alone chucked like 30 shots a game on horrible efficiency
and duncan pretty much fouled out every game in 20 minutes

Ace50
08-12-2012, 11:00 AM
A damn embarrassment USA got bronze...

evansanity
08-12-2012, 11:05 AM
james wade melo and stat were all basically rookies also
not the top players they are now

that team still could have won if it wasnt for starbury and the cancer
those 2 alone chucked like 30 shots a game on horrible efficiency
and duncan pretty much fouled out every game in 20 minutes

lol duncan and merion were the only good defenders on the team

A damn embarrassment USA got bronze...

lol i think they got lucky getting bronze when you look back at it...I mean larry brown...

gswarrior510
08-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Duncan was ****ing awful. I re-watched 3 last games and he was horrible out there.

Plus the best shooter was Lamar Odom and rookie Melo who didnt play much. That, and Marbury/AI hogging the ball..

AND Larry Brown is an awful coach.

JustBulk
08-12-2012, 11:08 AM
lol i think they got lucky getting bronze when you look back at it...I mean larry brown...

What?

Larry Brown actually was pretty brilliant during that time period.

BRB 2001 76ers to NBA Finals.
BRB 2004 Pistons NBA Champions.

Do you basketball?

evansanity
08-12-2012, 11:13 AM
What?

Larry Brown actually was pretty brilliant during that time period.

BRB 2001 76ers to NBA Finals.
BRB 2004 Pistons NBA Champions.

Do you basketball?

eastern conf. was weak as fuarkkk in the early 2000's. and lettuce be real tea, the 04 pistons had one of the best starting 5's of all time. That was a fun team to watch, great chemistry and unselfish play by the players. Laryy just had to sit back and watch

FKAri
08-12-2012, 11:18 AM
They got blown out by Puerto Rico.

BLOWN OUT BY PUERTO RICO. The greatest embarrassment ever. There is no way to justify that. The players, one game format, chemistry, coaching, nothing can excuse getting blown out by Carlos Arroyo and Puerto Rico.

kingback
08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Larry Brown is a great coach

OP = phaggot

JustBulk
08-12-2012, 11:45 AM
eastern conf. was weak as fuarkkk in the early 2000's. and lettuce be real tea, the 04 pistons had one of the best starting 5's of all time. That was a fun team to watch, great chemistry and unselfish play by the players. Laryy just had to sit back and watch

True, the Eastern conf was weak, but the Sixer team he had was mediocre as well. It was AI and him that led the Sixers to the Finals.

Pistons having a team of great chemistry should be credited to Larry Brown. They may have a solid starting five, but the Lakers arguably had a superior lineup. And although one can argue that the Lakers more of self-destruct, some credit still has be to given to Brown.

I'm not saying Brown is the best coach, just that it looked like a pretty reasonable choice to select him as coach at that time.

Cannonsex
08-12-2012, 11:49 AM
They got blown out by Puerto Rico.

BLOWN OUT BY PUERTO RICO. The greatest embarrassment ever. There is no way to justify that. The players, one game format, chemistry, coaching, nothing can excuse getting blown out by Carlos Arroyo and Puerto Rico.

Rofl still remember that game. Carlos Arroyo was BEASTING like he was Derrick Rose out there. And yeah that team was horrible. Absolutely no shooters, Larry Brown refusing to play the rookies, Duncan playing like **** in the international game, Marbury and AI playing 1 on 5.

bking10
08-12-2012, 11:52 AM
everyone turned them down

WestAfrica
08-12-2012, 12:02 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6mec7py3y1rug9d0o1_250.gif

SethID
08-12-2012, 12:21 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6mec7py3y1rug9d0o1_250.gif

the statement was exaggerated they weren't the most talented starting 5, but their chemistry, unselfishness, and defense together was really really good

strongvirgin
08-12-2012, 11:07 PM

lolwut

MilwaukeeBrah
08-12-2012, 11:09 PM
everyone turned them down

this. wasn't it when all the star players declined cause were scared of terrorist attacks? (srs)

JoshSelbyfor3
08-12-2012, 11:15 PM
BRB AI shooting below 38% against poverty international competition.
BRB Richard Jefferson STARTING, shooting 32% from field, 26% from 3, 54% from the FT line.
BRB Melo chucking as usual

LeGOAT was the only player on that team that didn't play like a complete phaggot. Had they started the King they would have won gold EASILY.

MilwaukeeBrah
08-12-2012, 11:19 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/5wh17k.png

dat dere blast from the past

strongvirgin
08-12-2012, 11:23 PM

Peja was 2nd in the league in scoring!? Not sheriff srs

Mrs Grudge
08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
True, the Eastern conf was weak, but the Sixer team he had was mediocre as well. It was AI and him that led the Sixers to the Finals.

Pistons having a team of great chemistry should be credited to Larry Brown. They may have a solid starting five, but the Lakers arguably had a superior lineup. And although one can argue that the Lakers more of self-destruct, some credit still has be to given to Brown.

I'm not saying Brown is the best coach, just that it looked like a pretty reasonable choice to select him as coach at that time.

76ers weren't mediocre at all. I don't get why people go crazy over the 76ers going to the finals.

The 76ers had a bunch of good players

Yes.....they didn't have any good scorers....because they had Allen Iverson. But they had terrific defenders, I mean guys who could start on nearly any team for their defense alone (assuming the team needed that attribute). Relative to other teams in the East (which usually consisted of 1 star plus a bunch of bums), how are the 76ers any worse? Pacers are like the only team who were prob better on paper.

StreetSharks
08-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Duncan was ****ing awful. I re-watched 3 last games and he was horrible out there.

Plus the best shooter was Lamar Odom and rookie Melo who didnt play much. That, and Marbury/AI hogging the ball..

AND Larry Brown is an awful coach.

the same awful larry brown that out coached phil jackson that year

StreetSharks
08-12-2012, 11:30 PM
this. wasn't it when all the star players declined cause were scared of terrorist attacks? (srs)

9/11 is not an excuse to lose to puerto rico

Uncontested
08-12-2012, 11:31 PM
LeBron and Wade should have pimp slapped Larry and taken that team over.

evansanity
08-13-2012, 12:08 AM

Peja, the HoFer and GOAT 3 point shooter

hangcleanre
08-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Greek Olympic games....I was so hyped to see team USA and the NBAers.Mother****ers were so dissapointing.

MilwaukeeBrah
08-13-2012, 12:15 AM

hit me on my peja

Madvillainy
08-13-2012, 12:27 AM
the statement was exaggerated they weren't the most talented starting 5, but their chemistry, unselfishness, and defense together was really really good

this. that starting 5 had everything. not one of the best of all time, but it was one of the most complete starting lineups i've seen in a long time

evansanity
08-13-2012, 12:28 AM
this. that starting 5 had everything. not one of the best of all time, but it was one of the most complete starting lineups i've seen in a long time

yeah none of that "big 3" or in the lakers case "big 4"(maybe 5) bull jive you see today.

gswarrior510
08-13-2012, 12:33 AM
the same awful larry brown that out coached phil jackson that year

defensively with the most stacked no ego team ever

dude had no idea how to coach offense

AmazinJason
08-13-2012, 01:10 AM
Embarrassment to our country. All of them.

TexasMajor
08-13-2012, 02:01 AM

Negged for disregarding Reginald Miller.

Bulkytheboot
08-13-2012, 02:46 AM
why wasn't mcgrady on the team? was he injured?

that was when he used to be a beast

gswarrior510
08-13-2012, 02:48 AM

and Reginald Allen

I OuTsiDeR I
08-13-2012, 04:25 AM
eastern conf. was weak as fuarkkk in the early 2000's. and lettuce be real tea, the 04 pistons had one of the best starting 5's of all time. That was a fun team to watch, great chemistry and unselfish play by the players. Laryy just had to sit back and watch Stop exaggerating, Larry Brown is a good coach, the only guy that knew how to use Sheed i.e in the post not on pick and rolls shooting 3s. Yes team chemistry and unselfishness was great with this team but that doesn't mean they were one of the greatest starting 5's of all time. They would be considered no different than the Nuggets team after melo's trade. Good but not great players who can play well together. Difference is they can play defense.

76ers weren't mediocre at all. I don't get why people go crazy over the 76ers going to the finals.

The 76ers had a bunch of good playersYes.....they didn't have any good scorers....because they had Allen Iverson. But they had terrific defenders, I mean guys who could start on nearly any team for their defense alone (assuming the team needed that attribute). Relative to other teams in the East (which usually consisted of 1 star plus a bunch of bums), how are the 76ers any worse? Pacers are like the only team who were prob better on paper.Wow. Sixers team was mediocre stop trying to make like they were one of the best teams. Aaron Mckie, George Lynch, Derrick Coleman, Mutumbo, Eric Snow, all considered average at best players. On paper they sucked, in real life they sucked, AI carried that team. Again if you can play defense you can still win with an average team. Defensively they were pretty good, offensively it was AI or bust.

defensively with the most stacked no ego team ever

dude had no idea how to coach offense Disagree. He is more known for his defense but his O wasn't as bad as your making it out to be. When he coached Indiana he knew how to free up Reggie, used the exact same plays for Rip on the Pistons. He knew how to use Sheed like I said in the post where he was a beast, instead of pick and roll shooting 3's. Yes they had their dry spells where they would go cold much like the Celtics Team. I understand alot of their wins were ugly grind it out defensive wins, but I don't think Brown was that horrible.

On a side not on Sheed, I'm telling you this guy was one of the most wasted talents in the NBA. Could easily be a top PF and had one of the best Post games. His fade away jumper was extremely hard to stop cuz his release is high. He had Horry's number even when he was on the Blazers. Barkley even said he has could be one of the best. He just never cared about greatness and appeared to not work as hard as he should of.

JustBulk
08-13-2012, 04:31 AM

Imo, Ray Allen has proven to be as capable a 3 point shooter as Reggie Miller.

In terms of clutch, I still give it to Reggie.

BasedPrincess
08-13-2012, 04:38 AM
lol at people calling larry brown a great coach, dude was awful....

I OuTsiDeR I
08-13-2012, 05:08 AM
lol at people calling larry brown a great coach, dude was awful....He may not be the greatest coach but he ain't awful.

He took 3 different teams to the nba finals and won it once. He won an NCAA championship as a coach. Didn't know this but he's taken 8 different teams to the playoffs. Hell he even took the lowly Bobcats to the playoffs. Yes it was in the easier Eastern Conference, but its still a good achievement more than alot of coaches. His teams usually always play good D.

He's far from awful, I don't know why everyone is so hard on him in here.