PDA

View Full Version : We are already talking about lakers vs heat, but I don't see them getting past OKC

deltbrah
08-11-2012, 10:06 PM
And this isn't like when everyone was saying Heat wont get past the celtics, or Bulls. Lets face it C's were getting older and not as good as before, and bulls only had one real superstar, but that doesnt matter because he was injured so we will never know if heat could have beat them in 2012 (they did beat them in 2011).

OKC is a young team, that has stayed together, which is very difficult in the league. If you notice the teams that have their core group of players together for multiple years win championships. These guys are only going to get better. They have tasted going to the finals and losing, they will wanna go back there again and re-write it.

**** aint going to come easy for lakers, I certainly won't be betting on them winning. Maybe reach the WCF, but thats about it

Masstastic
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Only way LA doesn't get past OKC is if Durant develops an alpha male personality on the floor.

Being Westrbrick's bitch again now plays to the Lakers advantage.

The Lakers have the ultimate trump card with a frontcourt of Pau/Howard.

DFINC
08-11-2012, 10:17 PM
People forget how close those games against OKC were. Addition of Nash and Howard definitely closes that gap and more, so yes they will beat OKC

Masstastic
08-11-2012, 10:33 PM
People forget how close those games against OKC were. Addition of Nash and Howard definitely closes that gap and more, so yes they will beat OKC
Neither Nash or Kobe can guard Westbrick, not sure how that changes anything we saw in the playoffs.

The Lakers still don't have the young legs to run with OKC for 48 minutes.

deltbrah
08-11-2012, 10:42 PM

3-1 they didn't come close at all.

Nuggets came close to beating lakers in the first round, where it went to a 7 game series.

But simple thing, if you can't play 4 quarters, doesnt matter if you are leading in 3, you aren't close to winning

deltbrah
08-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Only way LA doesn't get past OKC is if Durant develops an alpha male personality on the floor.

Being Westrbrick's bitch again now plays to the Lakers advantage.

The Lakers have the ultimate trump card with a frontcourt of Pau/Howard.

depends if they can co-exist under this new princeton offensive scheme, and how effective the scheme will be

DFINC
08-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Neither Nash or Kobe can guard Westbrick, not sure how that changes anything we saw in the playoffs.

But Dwight is the best defensive player in the paint and Westbrook will have to guard Nash.

businesslawbrah
08-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Dwight >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OKC/Heat
Gasol > Bosh/Ibaka
MWP <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Durant/Lebron
GOAT >>> Sefo/Wade
Nash = Westbrook >>> Chalmers

Bench

Lakers = OKC/Miami

The impact of Dwight patrolling the middle and Nash forcing Westbrook to play defense and letting Kobe go 1vs1 against others makes the Lakers the favorite to win it all.

deltbrah
08-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Gasol > Bosh/Ibaka
GOAT >>> Sefo/Wade

Bench

Lakers = OKC/Miami

The impact of Dwight patrolling the middle and Nash forcing Westbrook to play defense and letting Kobe go 1vs1 against others makes the Lakers the favorite to win it all.

remember the 2010 ECF, when celtics let perkins go 1v1 on dwight, and coz of no double teams the magic couldn't get an open man for the 3, and they lost coz dwight couldnt finish on his own.

well that perkins is now playing in OKC.

DFINC
08-11-2012, 11:22 PM
remember the 2010 ECF, when celtics let perkins go 1v1 on dwight, and coz of no double teams the magic couldn't get an open man for the 3, and they lost coz dwight couldnt finish on his own.

This has nothing to do with the fact that LA now has Nash, Kobe, Gasol and Howard. Orlando beat the C's in 2009 anyway when KG was out

Hoop_Dreams
08-11-2012, 11:24 PM

The Lakers don't need to rely on Dwight to draw double teams.

They could literally run the pick n roll every play with Nash and Dwight, and someone will be open no matter what your rotations are.

businesslawbrah
08-11-2012, 11:30 PM

urine idiot, congrats.

Orlando did not have the GOAT playing SG along with Gasol and Nash playing PG. Howard, Nash, GOAT, Gasol will be goin ballz deep in the NBA. Better pepper that angus

yieldtonothing
08-11-2012, 11:40 PM
i want to believe that okc can take down the lakers in a 7 games series, but i dont see it happening next season.

either way, i'm rooting for the wcc vs the heat

TexasMajor
08-11-2012, 11:44 PM
OP's highest basketball level: YMCA 12 and under.

deltbrah
08-11-2012, 11:48 PM
urine idiot, congrats.

Orlando did not have the GOAT playing SG along with Gasol and Nash playing PG. Howard, Nash, GOAT, Gasol will be goin ballz deep in the NBA. Better pepper that angus

I didnt mention abything about your wanna be goat and nash, I was commenting on your statement of the impact of dwight will be patrolling in the middle. Which was already negated back in 2010 ECF.

now to nash and kome, yes if dwight doesnt draw doubles, these two are both able to create their own offence. If I was okc I would always keep switching, having durant play d on kobe in the final seconds of each posession. With durants amazing reach. THis year kobe couldn't get a shot off when durant was guarding him.

All comes down to nash, and how well his pure pick and roll offensive play fits in with this princeton offensive scheme (which I havent seen much of, so I dont know until i See it in action). Westbrook can handle nash on D, but nash is a pure point guard, so its not like he has to go 1v1 with westrbrook. It all comes down to their offensive scheme.

deltbrah
08-11-2012, 11:53 PM
The Lakers don't need to rely on Dwight to draw double teams.

They could literally run the pick n roll every play with Nash and Dwight, and someone will be open no matter what your rotations are.

http://live.drjays.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Mike-DAntoni-Playoffs.jpg

pls go

also shouldnt you be in london "coaching"

CLandry
08-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Hopefully lakers beat OKC, MUCH easier and less scary of a matchup for the heat.

businesslawbrah
08-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Lakers will beat Miami in the finals. After all, what a disappointing performance by OKChoke last year. Turrible. Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Superman2.0 is gonna get it done

yungbreezy
08-12-2012, 01:02 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i03hY5GRps

Kobe is capable of shutting Westbrick down. He wont have carry as much of the offensive load this season with Nash running point and creating, he'll be able to concentrate more on the defensive end again.

Kobe is still a lock down defender when he wants to be, even in 2011 carrying multiple injuries he was still a better iso defender than that guy in Miami that evryone likes to claim is a defensive beast.

Not to mention they have D12 guarding the paint now, he's 10 times the defender Bynum is.

LA will handle OKC.

yungbreezy
08-12-2012, 01:03 AM
Hopefully lakers beat OKC, MUCH easier and less scary of a matchup for the heat.

The same Heat that got beat down by an old ass Mavericks team?

Lol. Ok....

InnerThighChafe
08-12-2012, 01:04 AM
Gasol > Bosh/Ibaka
GOAT >>> Sefo/Wade

Bench

Lakers = OKC/Miami

The impact of Dwight patrolling the middle and Nash forcing Westbrook to play defense and letting Kobe go 1vs1 against others makes the Lakers the favorite to win it all.lol you're gonna be red soon. Someone doesnt like your weak troll attempts

dab0osh
08-12-2012, 04:30 AM
the lakers in all honesty should have taken OKC last playoffs. they let 2 games slip far too easily and were down 1-2 instead of being up

tyqb4
08-12-2012, 04:38 AM
why are people ignoring the very real possibility that kobe single handedly shoots that team out of a 7 game series? he doesn't score easily anymore. you don't know what you're getting from him. if those awkward fadeaways start dropping then he's probably gonna have a solid night, but you can't count on that for consistent points the way you can count on attacking the rim. he's going to be the least efficient out of their 4 best players, if he's taking 10 more shots than anybody else you guys don't think that will cause problems? what happens when dwight and pau are something like 23-35 combined and kobe is 8-25 and they lose by 5 in game 3 to go down 2-1?

si1ver
08-12-2012, 04:58 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.com/media/2008/09/stevenash-tz-425.jpg

StrongM477
08-12-2012, 05:00 AM
yungbreezy hating on heat/lebron again. this is new

wsrballa14
08-12-2012, 05:03 AM
why are people ignoring the very real possibility that kobe single handedly shoots that team out of a 7 game series? he doesn't score easily anymore. you don't know what you're getting from him. if those awkward fadeaways start dropping then he's probably gonna have a solid night, but you can't count on that for consistent points the way you can count on attacking the rim. he's going to be the least efficient out of their 4 best players, if he's taking 10 more shots than anybody else you guys don't think that will cause problems? what happens when dwight and pau are something like 23-35 combined and kobe is 8-25 and they lose by 5 in game 3 to go down 2-1?

This. People expect Kobe to go from jacking 23 shots a game to like 15? Going from a 33% usage rate to 27%? I will believe it when I see it. Kobe is a chucker. Chuckers gon chuck.

JustBulk
08-12-2012, 05:11 AM
This. People expect Kobe to go from jacking 23 shots a game to like 15? Going from a 33% usage rate to 27%? I will believe it when I see it. Kobe is a chucker. Chuckers gon chuck.

Tell me what the fuk are you supposed to do when your team pass you the ball with the clock ticking and everyone just stands around?

A lot of the bad shots Kobe took last season were not a matter of choice.

wifestealer
08-12-2012, 05:14 AM
lol you're gonna be red soon. Someone doesnt like your weak troll attempts

if he was going to be red from trolling it would have happened a long time ago. you don't seem to be new, must just be unaware of the phaggotry that is BLB and the laker trolls/kobe dickriders

wsrballa14
08-12-2012, 05:15 AM
Tell me what the fuk are you supposed to do when your team pass you the ball with the clock ticking and everyone just stands around?

A lot of the bad shots Kobe took last season were not a matter of choice.

And a lot of the bad shots Kobe took last season were the result of him shooting a contested 19 foot turn-around fadeaway with 11 seconds on the clock. I would be willing to bet you the amount of shots like that Kobe took with >5 seconds left is A LOT greater than the other way around.

yungbreezy
08-12-2012, 05:28 AM
yungbreezy hating on heat/lebron again. this is new

Tell me how I'm hating? just stating the facts.

If you can point out anything I said that isn't true, please do.

CLandry
08-12-2012, 10:26 AM
The same Heat that got beat down by an old ass Mavericks team?

Lol. Ok....

Would've been like watching the heat play a high school team if lebron didn't choke.
Lol. Okay....