PDA

View Full Version : Why do people get all excited for preseason games?

HumptyBrah
08-11-2012, 07:50 PM
People cheer like it's a regular season game. For srs? It doesn't count.

I watch preseason simply to see who looks good, bad, etc.

CLEAN_SET_OF_10
08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Expected OP's team to have lost their first preseason game. Was left dissapoint after I saw 49ers as I now have nothing to say.

iamgenus
08-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Cuz its football brah!

Football offseason is so long when preseason gets here you finally get to see your guys play and the excitement is back. It usually dies down as the starters leave the game. For instance I'll pretty much watch any NFL game during the season all the way thru but preseason the only games I'll watch all the way thru are 49er games cuz I want to see the young guys play. Other teams I'm primarily watching some guys I was curious about but usually by 4th qtr there's nobody I care about seeing.

As far as niners this year it's all about seeing the Kaeper.

GetBig0rDieTryn
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't really get excited for pre season games besides my own team. You really get to see the depth of teams, obviously the first team guys these games are pretty irrelevant. However, the other guys play hard as **** in pre season, they're fighting for a job or getting cut and selling insurance. And this is the NFL, guys go down everyday and someone has to step up. So pre season is super important to coaching staffs, hence why they didn't shorten it during the CBA negotiations last summer.

brb position battles
brb fantasy implications
brb undrafted rookies making teams

God I love football.

5x10
08-11-2012, 08:53 PM
It's a couple of series of football that doesn't count
Then add the sh*ty refs
With that said, my body is ready

bigcc
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Cuz its football brah!

Football offseason is so long when preseason gets here you finally get to see your guys play and the excitement is back. It usually dies down as the starters leave the game. For instance I'll pretty much watch any NFL game during the season all the way thru but preseason the only games I'll watch all the way thru are 49er games cuz I want to see the young guys play. Other teams I'm primarily watching some guys I was curious about but usually by 4th qtr there's nobody I care about seeing.

As far as niners this year it's all about seeing the Kaeper.

pretty much this, you get a chance to see your young guys/rookies/free agents and its beena turrible 7 months since we saw a (real) football game

brb_ballin
08-12-2012, 03:58 PM

you answered your own question.... someone looks good people get excited thinking they'll have a good year...

NJLife
08-12-2012, 04:15 PM
i get excited cuz finally a real sport is starting. no hate to other "sports"

Forumite
08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Because it's better than hearing about the NBA.

chlaxman
08-12-2012, 04:33 PM
Because it's better than hearing about the NBA.

This.

And I love the NBA.

People just want to talk about football

Loswaldo
08-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Because...

http://i.qkme.me/7983.jpg

It's going to be amazing!!!

InnerThighChafe
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
Because...

http://i.qkme.me/7983.jpg

It's going to be amazing!!!i love you

Loswaldo
08-12-2012, 05:10 PM
i love you

It's ok man, i am just so ****ing pumped. I have two weeks holiday from work and I am watching every ****ing game live and highlights and all the coverage I can.

Also cannot wait for the International series game at Wembley, will get to see my Rams get their angus peppered by Mr.Brady

iamgenus
08-12-2012, 05:24 PM
I love the NFL preseason pass btw. $20 and you can watch every preseason game and it's like on DVR so you can skip just to the parts you want to see.

Brb just watched all i wanted to see out of the St Louis/Colts game in like 10 minutes.

austin.j.taylor
08-12-2012, 06:21 PM
Because football are bake

monsterBEN
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM

You answered your own stupid question.

SirPercival
08-12-2012, 07:07 PM
no football for half a year...

truffles
08-12-2012, 07:08 PM
because it's football...

even preseason football is alot more entertaining then playoff baseball.

Future24
08-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I was excited for preseason. Then Desmond Bishop took an arrow to the hamstring.

scotyg
08-12-2012, 07:37 PM
1) After 3 years of Todd Haley preseasons (1-11), its nice to see a team that looks like they know what they're doing.

2) Just because it doesn't count, doesn't mean it doesn't matter

dougefresh93
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I like to watch the rookies and gauge sleepers for fantasy football... Plus it's football and a sign that summer is ending and we are weeks away from games that really matter.

5x10
08-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Fuuuuu
Cowboys on tomorrow night and I'm going to be at a work dinner