PDA

View Full Version : Chances of Dwight Howard walking to Mavericks next year?

Jess40
08-11-2012, 10:53 AM
D12 will not sign an extension with the Lakers following the trade.

If there is chemistry issues during the first year of all these new Lakers playing together and they do not win a title will Dwight leave. Kobe is very serious while Dwight is not, if personalities clash and things dont work out in the 1 season will Dwight Howard walk to Mavericks?

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e361/jess40404040/166b32r.jpg

Sorry4TheDwight
08-11-2012, 11:01 AM
no deron no mavs

iamdebo
08-11-2012, 11:06 AM
ur right he wont sign an extension.......

but he will sign a new deal most likely

BlOoDnGlOrY
08-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Dwight will not be a Laker next year.

Nash is older than David Stern, Kobe has already publicly talked about retirement after his contract is up, and Gasol is one more missed layup away from suicide. Dwight knows this, and he`s not going to sign long term with LA.

I like Dallas' chances of nabbing Dwight next year as they are one of the very few select teams that can afford him. Although, if you`re a Mavs fan, I wouldn`t put all your apples in one basket like we did with Deron this year.

Future24
08-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Dwight will not be a Laker next year.

Nash is older than David Stern, Kobe has already publicly talked about retirement after his contract is up, and Gasol is one more missed layup away from suicide. Dwight knows this, and he`s not going to sign long term with LA.

I like Dallas' chances of nabbing Dwight next year as they are one of the very few select teams that can afford him. Although, if you`re a Mavs fan, I wouldn`t put all your apples in one basket like we did with Deron this year.

This post would make a lot of sense if Dirk wasn't the only good player on the Mavs and if he wasn't old as fuk too.

dasfeuer
08-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Could happen cause they will have room for Chris Paul and Dwight. Win a few titles before Dirk retires then still have a super star teammate to play out his remaining years in the league

Not all that optimistic about it but it's a possibility

yieldtonothing
08-11-2012, 12:07 PM
its possible but they lakers would have to implode this year.

there's a decent chance of a clash of personalities....kobe and nash are strictly business and dwight is a goofball clown....so who knows?

i personally think he sticks around, but nothing would surprise me with this d-bag

DFINC
08-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Why would he leave a team that's gonna win the next 3 titles to join a team with an older CP3?

FGCHENG
08-11-2012, 12:10 PM
This will only happen if Dallas somehow signs CP3 or Deron Williams. Sure Dwight is a jokester... but he will get serious when the time is right... (Playoffs) I think Kobe and Dwight will get along just fine. And when Kobe leaves.. the team is his. Imagine being the top dawg of one of the most storied franchise in sports. He will only leave if Dallas somehow becomes a contending team with another superstar (no not Dirk).

Future24
08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
This will only happen if Dallas somehow signs CP3 or Deron Williams. Sure Dwight is a jokester... but he will get serious when the time is right... (Playoffs) I think Kobe and Dwight will get along just fine. And when Kobe leaves.. the team is his. Imagine being the top dawg of one of the most storied franchise in sports. He will only leave if Dallas somehow becomes a contending team with another superstar (no not Dirk).
How exactly will they sign Deron Williams. Enlighten me.

GetBigyo
08-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Why would he leave a team that's gonna win the next 3 titles to join a team with an older CP3?
An older CP3? Is he suddenly going to age from 27 to 35 over the course of a season?

Anyways, no chance Dwight leaves the bright lights of LA for DAL. When has a superstar in his prime ever left the Lakers via FA?

TSam415
08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Dwight's gonna be a laker for while. He isn't going anywhere.

grimlock33
08-11-2012, 12:35 PM
U brahs realize the Lakers will be the only team allowed to offer him a max contract after this yr right? You really think he'd take 30-40mil less to sign with Dallas?

Basketball716
08-11-2012, 12:38 PM
U brahs realize the Lakers will be the only team allowed to offer him a max contract after this yr right? You really think he'd take 30-40mil less to sign with Dallas?

"Dwight Howard has no financial incentive to agree to an extension with the Lakers, which means he will become a free agent in July.

Howard will have one full season with the Lakers before committing to a long-term deal.

Depending on how Howard's experience with the Lakers progresses, he may consider signing for less money with the Mavericks. Dallas, who Howard reportedly preferred over the Lakers, appears intent on preserving their cap space for 2013."

"Dallas will be there for him," said one source.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)

newtmiscer
08-11-2012, 12:40 PM
hmm win 3 championships with kobe/nash or do nothing as a maverick.

yieldtonothing
08-11-2012, 12:49 PM
dwight/pau would still be the best frontcourt in the nba long after kobe retires

InnerThighChafe
08-11-2012, 01:00 PM
saving thread so I can revisit after the season is over.

AlliWantisLulz
08-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I read Hawks could be a possibility since he's from there

Howard-Horford-Smith-?-Teague

not sure what their cap space situation is like though

Dserge
08-11-2012, 01:03 PM
ROFL are you serious?

They are going to win many games. 60+ season. He will re-sign and 8 years from now and 4 rings later you will be mad bro.
lol @ Dallas.

They don't like paying people to begin with just ask Nash.

Backus21
08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Interesting thought really. If for some reason the Lakers slip up in the playoffs and dont win it, personalities clash, or D12 doesnt like not being the first option he certainly could leave. Plus he is a free agent the same year as CP3 and they could both sign somewhere like Dallas if they wanted to.

The main thing is that even if D12 WANTS to stay in LA he will wait until the seasons over so he can get the full max deal. If he signed today I think it would be a 3 year deal for max money per year, but if he waits until the seasons end he can sign a 5-6 year deal with max money.

grimlock33
08-11-2012, 01:18 PM
"Dwight Howard has no financial incentive to agree to an extension with the Lakers, which means he will become a free agent in July.

Howard will have one full season with the Lakers before committing to a long-term deal.

Depending on how Howard's experience with the Lakers progresses, he may consider signing for less money with the Mavericks. Dallas, who Howard reportedly preferred over the Lakers, appears intent on preserving their cap space for 2013."

"Dallas will be there for him," said one source.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)

That tweet alludes to what I was saying. Dwight will hit FA, but the Lakers hold his Bird Rights. They can offer more $$$ and an extra yr that other teams aren't allowed to under the current CBA.

" he may consider signing for less money with the Mavericks."

grimlock33
08-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Interesting thought really. If for some reason the Lakers slip up in the playoffs and dont win it, personalities clash, or D12 doesnt like not being the first option he certainly could leave. Plus he is a free agent the same year as CP3 and they could both sign somewhere like Dallas if they wanted to.

The main thing is that even if D12 WANTS to stay in LA he will wait until the seasons over so he can get the full max deal. If he signed today I think it would be a 3 year deal for max money per year, but if he waits until the seasons end he can sign a 5-6 year deal with max money.

Greens for this smart guy

Otaman
08-11-2012, 01:26 PM
financially it would make a lot of sense for him to stay long term

people are forgetting that Lakers now have his bird rights, so they can offer him the most money. I forget the exact numbers but LA's extension will be worth smth like 10-15 million more than anywhere else

plus big market, exposure, shoe deals, etc

HelloDurr
08-11-2012, 01:32 PM
Perfect balance.

No worry laker fans. Kobe good friends with Artest. And mwp is bat crazy. Nash is a combo with business and goofy.

Nash will be the anchor in the locker room.

Or I hope so

BobDaNob
08-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Basically, the only chance the rest of the NBA has if if they don't mesh...

...because if they do and they stay healthy they will be unstoppable.

dan213
08-11-2012, 02:03 PM
inb4 knicks fans propose a steve novak + picks for dwight deal.

its50
08-11-2012, 02:08 PM
financially it would make a lot of sense for him to stay long term

people are forgetting that Lakers now have his bird rights, so they can offer him the most money. I forget the exact numbers but LA's extension will be worth smth like 10-15 million more than anywhere else

plus big market, exposure, shoe deals, etc

and most importantly: championships.