PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on 76ers off-season?

pg2tall
08-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Alot of analysts and media really like their moves but I'm still kinda on the fence.

Out:

Iguodala
Brand
Meeks
Harkless
Nikola Vucevic

In:

Jason Richardson
Nick Young
Dorrell Wright
Bynum
Kwame Brown
Arnett Moultrie

They have gotten bigger, younger, and faster IMO and even if Bynum doesnt resign which he stated he would they still will have a ton of loot to offer a max contract next year.

I still see the East being owned by the Heat and then a bunch of teams under them fighting closely for the remaining spots.

6ers
Knicks
Nets
Hawks
Bulls
Celts

^ no particular order

dankydank
08-11-2012, 12:46 AM
they gained some scoring but lost some defense
also fixed a big weakness in their center spot
if they dont freefall again i could see them as a top 3 seed

have a lot less chemistry issues now with guys who have the same skill set like turner/iggy

Backus21
08-11-2012, 12:57 AM
They got rid of Iggy which they have wanted to do for a long time so thats good. Having Turner plus Young, Wright, and JRich rotating the wings will give a lot of scoring with 4 different players to rotate at the 2 and 3.

Having Bynum is a HUGE upgrade and will be good as long as he has his head straight and still wants to play hard once he gets paid. I really like the pickup of Moultrie too. He is young and an athletic freak so he can work well with Bynum on defense. There is a lot of scoring on the Sixers and it comes from each position so I really think their offseason was great.

pg2tall
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
I do like how they seem all in on Turner now.

That is unless he screws up or Wright/Nick Young play lights out which I doubt.