PDA

View Full Version : Is this a hit?

cor030
08-10-2012, 09:28 PM
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=24nr4v4&s=6

happens just before the halfway mark. Michael Morse was on an 18 game hitting streak but Philly challenged the ruling of it being a hit, which I'm assuming to take an ER off Cole Hamels ERA(whilst giving Rollins an error in the process lulz).

MLB reversed it, made it an error, shaved a run off Hamels' ERA, and Morse's 18(would be 19 after tonight) game hit streak was broken up.

Kinda lame IMO to ask the MLB to give one of your players an error.

I personally think it's a hit but obv I'm subjective. Ball was hit pretty hard. The odd thing was the play before that Zimmerman got a very questionable hit and that honestly was more of an error than the one they reversed.

MtnJax
08-10-2012, 09:30 PM
yeah, thats a hit. i was watching that game.

just another reason for me to not like the Phillies

YesWayNoWeigh
08-10-2012, 09:31 PM
error imo

cor030
08-10-2012, 09:32 PM
yeah, thats a hit. i was watching that game.

just another reason for me to not like the Phillies

I just don't get it. It's a huge **** you to Jimmy Rollins just to shave one measly run off Cole's ERA.. also ****s Michael Morse in the process.

taxe91
08-10-2012, 09:34 PM
i'd call it an error but scorers seem to be pretty damn generous to hitters this year, ive seen flyouts get dropped and called hits this season. not surprised that it was ruled a hit initially

DickVeinPulse
08-10-2012, 09:36 PM
it' tough to say but looks more like an error to me, still pretty gay that the phillies challenged the ruling though

Gator286
08-10-2012, 09:37 PM
I would barely call that an error, I don't see how they actually went back and reversed the call. It's a play that he usually makes, but it's far from routine. Pretty lame.

MtnJax
08-10-2012, 09:40 PM
I just don't get it. It's a huge **** you to Jimmy Rollins just to shave one measly run off Cole's ERA.. also ****s Michael Morse in the process.

yeah, he is beasting right now. if the whole team could start hitting good, they'd be unstoppable with the pitching they have

I would barely call that an error, I don't see how they actually went back and reversed the call. It's a play that he usually makes, but it's far from routine. Pretty lame.

that ball took a hop on him at the end and hit the heel of his glove. really nothing he could do to field it, so it shouldn't be considered an error. it's not like he got good glove on it and then botched it

TTexasTT
08-10-2012, 09:52 PM
E-6

Future24
08-10-2012, 10:48 PM
it' tough to say but looks more like an error to me, still pretty gay that the phillies challenged the ruling thoughAgreed with this. I'd say its closer to an error than a hit. Phillies a phaggots.

AFiers
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
it' tough to say but looks more like an error to me, still pretty gay that the phillies challenged the ruling though

This^

Gooner89
08-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Hit, most SS don't make that play. If they do it's made out to be a great play.

JM2412
08-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Nats scorekeepers are even worse.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320802120

That game, the Nats ruled 2 obvious errors hits in the 2nd or 3rd inning.

chlaxman
08-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Borderline. I could see it called either way. Generally that means it's a hit for the home team and an error for visiting team hitters.

But it's absolute bull**** that it was reversed afterwards. If the scorekeeper changed it at the game, that'd be fine, but MLB changing it...

TranceOfPeace
08-11-2012, 09:13 AM
It's one of those plays that is so close, like in the NFL, where after you review it you just stick to the original call.

I'd lean towards saying it's a hit. He crushed that ball and it was a tough in-between hop. The fact that the MLB changed it mind=blown.