PDA

View Full Version : Places you have been to that are different than what you expected?

Jax019
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
St Louis

Its a huge ghetto, I expected it to be a big beautiful city like Chicago. I was disappointed considering St Louis is one of the more famous cities in America.

Atlanta

Surprisingly Atlanta, GA is beautiful, the skycrapers are huge up close. Its like a concrete fortress.

batman15
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Los Angeles.

Nothing like what the media portrays it to be.

Ballzzin
08-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Los Angeles.

Nothing like what the media portrays it to be.

live in so-cal. for those who think LA or hollywood is the sht. think again. if u want something nice go inward towards the water/valley. oh yea and the water is cold as fuk

Hengman
08-09-2012, 11:30 AM
Pittsburgh...

****ing sucked ass living there. WORST ****ing city ever.

wheynweed
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
Pittsburgh...

****ing sucked ass living there. WORST ****ing city ever.
I can vouch for that. It's like a ghetto philadelphia/newark type city. The people you meet there are one of a kind too. Would not go back.

North Charleston, SC is beautiful.

JetLife21
08-09-2012, 11:35 AM
New Orleans. The city is nice but Burboun Street was nasty. Went down there for the 2002 Sugar Bowl with FSU vs. UGA and we spent New Year's Eve on Burboun Street. It smelt like straight a$$ and there was trash everywhere. My biggest mistake was probably not getting hammered that night where I would overlook the smells and trash.

newtmiscer
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Oakland

expected ghettos gangs and lots of urban youth, but its actually a very nice (not necessarily wealthy, but nice) city

velvetmudhole
08-09-2012, 12:31 PM
St Louis

Its a huge ghetto, I expected it to be a big beautiful city like Chicago. I was disappointed considering St Louis is one of the more famous cities in America.

Really? I live in St Louis and never thought it to be anywhere considered famous. But, you're half right. The north part is completely ghetto but the south part of St Louis is beautiful.

gswarrior510
San Francisco/Bay Area sucks. Listening to people from the bay you'd think it'd be an amazing place to live...So-Cal is MUCH better

BornAChampion
Oakland

expected ghettos gangs and lots of urban youth, but its actually a very nice (not necessarily wealthy, but nice) city

Because of the Raiders?

gswarrior510
08-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Oakland

well yeah the whole city isn't a ****hole, closer to the hills it's ok..everything else is awful

batman15
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
live in so-cal. for those who think LA or hollywood is the sht. think again. if u want something nice go inward towards the water/valley. oh yea and the water is cold as fuk

This. Fuk "Hollywood." Fuk the cold ass water. Fuk the "stars you see everywhere." Fuk the homeless bums that fight in front of the Chinese theater. Fuk the racial tension that you can cut with a fart. Fuk everything but USC and UCLA campus. That being said, USC's location is in a terrible location.

UCLA has the nicest campus that I've ever been to.

bkuma
08-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Miami is nothing like how they show it on tv with all those beautiful women in bikinis everywhere. South beach is one little strip on the beach.

BullStampede
08-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Miami is nothing like how they show it on tv with all those beautiful women in bikinis everywhere. South beach is one little strip on the beach.

South Beach is just the general name for that whole area.

China was amazing. Went to too many cities to list. It isnt this regime of communism like the media portrays. The people are very lovely. Beijing was dirty as **** though. Still awesome.

RogerSterling
08-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Boston-really cool/nice town but expected it to be much bigger, but basically just that--a nice town. Love the vibe though

Seattle-Thought it would be super ****ty and rainy and dark--it was actually really nice while I was there. wouldvisitagain/10

Portland-Not even a city. Literally thought I was in the suburbs of Portland when I woke up from the long car ride from Seattle but we were right in the middle of downtown. Still awesome place, just don't see how it supports a pro franchise

Wisconsin-Thought it would be basically the Alabama of the north--haha jk it is just the Alabama of the North