PDA

View Full Version : daily intake good or bad

livin to die
02-14-2007, 04:02 PM
i'm just getting my diet down and wanna see if i'm headin in the right direction. i'm not cutting out everything just the real bad stuff usually.
example of one of my days is as follows
breakfast- cereal(multi grain cheerios) and some green tea and apple
Lunch- Ham sandwhich, cottage cheese and sunchips, water
snack- protien shake
Dinner- something pasta, spaghetti or chicken breast along with two pieces of bread, corn, peaches.
i know this isn't perfect but i'm just cutting out mainly fast food and fried foods. and of course pop lol. am i heading in the right direction with this?
please feel free to give me some constructive criticism.....

kickenwing
02-14-2007, 04:08 PM
that's pretty healthy, but I wouldn't have a protien shake everyday, mb every other day. Other than that I would eat some breakfast food that isn't very processed, like eggs or bread, vegtables, and stay away from cereal everyday.

FreddyC
02-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't get why you can't have a protein shake everyday...

Also, am I right in saying you are trying to cut? Or just try to maintain or bulk? By saying "i'm just getting my diet down", I'm assuming you're trying to lose weight?

livin to die
02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
well i'm not trying to get extremely cut. i have never really cut before in my entire time i've been lifting. i started lifting and just put on mass and the weight went from 160 to 175 after awhile and i am just trying to lose like 5-10 pounds that i gained my first semester at college because now i weight around 182. i still lift and i plan on starting cardio tom morning.

FreddyC
02-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Okay, well as far as I know, you shouldn't put your protein shakes off, although I could be wrong.

when do you lift? Because if it's at night, then it sort of justifies your high-ish carb dinner, if not, I'd put most of the carb during the day, breakfast and lunch.

And maybe peaches not for dinner since they have quite high sugar, although it really depends on when this dinner is and when you go to bed.

I know you say your plan isn't perfect but that's just what I'd do if I was in control :)

livin to die
02-14-2007, 07:17 PM
i lift at about 6 or 7 at night that is when the gym isn't real crowded. so thats why i eat the carbs after