PDA

View Full Version : Adding Beta Alanine to my stack....looking for feedback

adimascio1
08-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here is what I am using. I work out first thing in the morning around 5:30 am. Looking for suggestions on when I should work in the Beta Alanine. Just picked up some simple powder of it, not mixed with anything. Also looking for feedback on how I am currently taking creatine. Is it OK to mix with Whey post workout?

Pre workout - Gaspari Nutrition Superpump MAX 250 + 5 grams of Creatine Mono

Post Workout - 2 scoops of ON Whey + 15 grams of Creatine Mono ---- Mixed with Water and Apple or Grape Juice

Mid Day - 2 Scoops of Muscle Milk mixed with water

I also take multivitamin and fish oil in the monrning.

How should I work in the Beta Alanine, and how much should I take. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

UncleWade
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Hi Everyone, Post Workout - 2 scoops of ON Whey + 15 grams of Creatine Mono ---- Mixed with Water and Apple or Grape Juice

You can eliminate this second dose of creatine monohydrate.

This is the general rule of thumb - 3-5g per day, no cycling, no loading, taken at any time of your convenience, no carbohydrates necessary.

Also keep in mind that Superpump Max contains ~1.3g of creatine monohydrate per scoop, so adjust your use of the bulk product accordingly.

How should I work in the Beta Alanine, and how much should I take. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

I prefer ingesting between ~3.2-4.5g of beta alanine per day.

I use SNS Beta Alanine caps, which come in 120, 240, and 501 count bottles. I split my daily doses into two separate times, each taken with food to limit the paresthesia [tingliny sensation] often associated with BA supplementation. I like the caps because they're simple to dose and easy to take - no mixing necessary, just wash them down with water or your drink of choice.