PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss help needed. (extreme)

tedo2007
08-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I currently weight 324, im 6'2 (well 6'3 ish).

I have been cutting back my eating habits (was 342 less than 4 months ago) but im stuck at 324.

Im interested in any supplement that just plain works, I have also been going to the gym about 3 days a week, which is not possible sometimes as i do work construction and don't want to wear myself out.

I have started to cut back calories but looking for something better, for real fast weight loss, i would be fine with losing above 2.2 lbs a week.

Once I hit a certain point, I would then like to bulk up a bit. but for now, just strictly weight loss, need help!

Thanks and looking forward to meeting people!

DarthInvadeHer
08-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Wow, you have a lot to learn. There is no supplement that is going to do the work for you. Read every link in my sig to get the right information you need.

darkfurious
08-03-2012, 09:15 PM

I have been cutting back my eating habits (was 342 less than 4 months ago) but im stuck at 324.

Im interested in any supplement that just plain works, I have also been going to the gym about 3 days a week, which is not possible sometimes as i do work construction and don't want to wear myself out.

I have started to cut back calories but looking for something better, for real fast weight loss, i would be fine with losing above 2.2 lbs a week.

Once I hit a certain point, I would then like to bulk up a bit. but for now, just strictly weight loss, need help!

best supplement out there = healthy diet

MoldyGopher
08-03-2012, 09:48 PM

It helps to ditch the idea that you're on a diet and start thinking long term - finding eating habits and foods that you can rely on for the rest of your life. 'Diets' don't work - it implies there's an end and that you can go back to eating terribly after that.

Certainly there's a difference in eating styles between weight loss and maintenance/weight gain, but the fundamentals are still the same and they share a lot of the same foods.

Odian
08-04-2012, 12:24 AM
The only effective pill I can think of is Orlistat (Alli), a fat blocker. It's expensive, gives you oily stool, and you'll only lose a couple pounds over a year. When I was younger, a doctor put me on it and I lost weight, but I gained it all back as soon as I was taken off it.

If you want long-lasting results, you just gotta do the dreaded diet & exercise.

theripper1
08-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Strong will, caloric deficit, 20 min cardio, five days a week would not wear you out. It will only help you to feel better. Stop looking for excuses and research for MAGIC PILL that does not exist.

Phil9
08-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Supplements only help you, they don't do the work. Thus why they are called... supplements.

More than likely, your diet is not in good enough check for you to hit a caloric deficit. There is also a chance you are losing body fat but water weight and slight muscle growth is stalling your weight.

FatBro
08-04-2012, 04:09 AM
You have a good height.. You can do it homes. Look at Moldy's before pic. Insane ain't it?

tedo2007
08-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Just looking for a boost really...been tracking witg my fitness pal.

should i stop lifting while trying to lose weight? 20 minute cardio a day is not hard for me to do.

tedo2007
08-04-2012, 07:19 AM
It helps to ditch the idea that you're on a diet and start thinking long term - finding eating habits and foods that you can rely on for the rest of your life. 'Diets' don't work - it implies there's an end and that you can go back to eating terribly after that.

Certainly there's a difference in eating styles between weight loss and maintenance/weight gain, but the fundamentals are still the same and they share a lot of the same foods.

What did you do to start off? Tips?

MoldyGopher
08-04-2012, 07:52 AM
should i stop lifting while trying to lose weight? 20 minute cardio a day is not hard for me to do.

Consistency is rule #1. If you can do cardio day in, day out, week in, week out, month in, month out - then cardio it is. There are no rules saying "You must do exercise X". (But don't just do something because it's 'easy' - I know it's probably just a choice of words but giving it your all and pushing yourself each and every time is a key to improvement.)

Don't fret too much over exercise - your eating is what will take the pounds off and keep them off. I know it might feel like there's a million miles to go but just take it a day at a time. Figure out a strategy that you can stick to and then it's just you vs. the calendar. You will get there - just focus on winning today and each and every small victory adds up. Sometimes it'll seem frustratingly slow but just work on accepting it being that way.

Get a notebook and write things down. How was that exercise? How did you feel before and after? What challenges did you face and how did you respond? Then go back and review - pretty soon you'll see trends and you'll begin to learn your strengths and weaknesses. Fix the weaknesses, exploit your strengths.

Make today a little bit better than yesterday. Slow and steady wins the race.

campbellgbryan
08-04-2012, 09:53 AM

If you can't lose your belly fat, you're using the wrong approach. You don't need endless sit-ups, supplements, starving yourself or worse surgery.You just need a proper guidanc for proper exercising and also proper diet.