PDA

View Full Version : lol at people who think eli manning is a hall of fame QB

BigDawg69
08-02-2012, 05:32 PM
career qb rating:82.1

dude is an average qb who was carried by an elite defense. If you put him on any other team he would be a worse version of alex smith. he is a game manager who fell ass backwards into two championships. Fact

CobyWan
08-02-2012, 05:33 PM
http://memedepot.com/uploads/2000/2397_bpfobu.jpg

Murph0408
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
somebody watched first take today i see

forevercapone
08-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Right now, def not HOF QB, his teams are typically 9-7 in the regular season, than the defense owns in the playoffs and he managers the games decently, I'd put him top 15 QB right now

AgRyan
08-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I hate him, but he has one of the best plays in Super Bowl history on his belt... that's almost HOF worthy right there (srs)

BigDawg69
08-02-2012, 05:47 PM
I hate him, but he has one of the best plays in Super Bowl history on his belt... that's almost HOF worthy right there (srs)
So david tyree should get a yellow jacket because of one catch in the super bowl? HOF careers arent made by gimicky plays.
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/c'mon%20son/grand/cmon-son-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-299.gif

wildchild11
08-02-2012, 05:48 PM
in to neg OP. two rings and counting.

NewYorkMets
08-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Its the hall of fame, not the hall of stats.
If it were all about the numbers then chris carter would be in by now.

bcop
08-02-2012, 06:04 PM

dude is an average qb who was carried by an elite defense. If you put him on any other team he would be a worse version of alex smith. he is a game manager who fell ass backwards into two championships. Fact

- Eli Manning has the NFL record for most 4th quarter touchdown passes in a season
- Eli Manning has the NFL record for the most road playoff wins by a quarterback
- Eli Manning has the NFL record for the most passing yards in a single postseason

and other records that I won't bother mentioning here

I don't care what else he did or didn't do in his career, that alone make him a borderline hall of fame player.

And his career is not over yet.

shawty321
08-02-2012, 06:07 PM
He isn't consistent right now. But I think if he plays good ball this season he's an elite QB no questions about it

LiftHard6
08-02-2012, 06:08 PM
stupid thread is stupid. you mad eli has two rings and your **** team will never accomplish anything? yeah you mad af. lol

BigDawg69
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Its the hall of fame, not the hall of stats.
If it were all about the numbers then chris carter would be in by now.
I guess we better get ready for tebow to be enshrined if fame is all that matters

stupid thread is stupid. you mad eli has two rings and your **** team will never accomplish anything? yeah you mad af. lol
not as mad as you'll be when the giants miss the playoffs and eli is exposed as garbage

Green54
08-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Eli has sick playoff numbers and 2 SBs, of course he's a hall of famer.

Colin Cowherd said it best; football is not baseball, you don't judge the careers of football players based solely on their stats like in baseball. Football is a team sports therefore it is more about winning. Eli has won big when it counts and has two Super Bowls to show for it. He is without a doubt a Hall of Famer.

BigDawg69
08-02-2012, 06:30 PM
lol at you sports miscers brain washed by espn to think eli is anything better than average. Tebow has had some clutch moments too, is he a HOF?

NewYorkMets
08-02-2012, 06:32 PM
I guess we better get ready for tebow to be enshrined if fame is all that matters

Is tim a 2 time super bowl winning qb? Can you name me a qb who was the starter of a 2 x super bowl winning team who is not in the hall? Forget the fact that he's also won the super bowl mvp twice.

Ecnewyx
08-02-2012, 06:41 PM
Agree with OP. Sort of. Poverty QB rating and terrible 2004-2007 seasons.

A few years from now when his career is over though?

If you put him on any other team he would be a worse version of alex smith. he is a game manager who fell ass backwards into two championships.

Eli goes deep more than any other QB in the league. Also 4,900 yards and 7 (arguably 8) fourth-quarter comebacks and game winning drives last season. So... if that's what a game manager is then, alright.

But OP is just trying to rustle jimmies or is a retard so really no point in continuing.

Will probably neg on recharge for this comment/comparison alone though.

KMR
08-02-2012, 10:57 PM
He's not a HOFer yet, but assuming he keeps putting up very good stats, he'll get there. Having not only 2 SB wins, but 2 SB MVP awards, is huge.

Also, anyone saying he got lucky to win either title or that the defense carried him there is dead wrong. The Giants had the 27th ranked defense last year, and so what that Tyree made a miracle catch? Do we deduct a SB win from Brady's ledger because of Vinatieri's miracle kick in the snow against the Raiders? Of course not.

fofm
08-03-2012, 12:52 AM
First off... superbowls are won by TEAMS... aka offense, defense, special teams, coaching, running backs, receivers, qb, kickers, you get the point...

People overrate Brady because he has 3 Superbowl... that he won in his first 4-5 seasons BEFORE... he was ELITE status "Brady"... tell me how patriotis won the superbowl in brady's 3 worst statistical seasons, yet failed to win it all in brady's 3-4 last HISTORICAL seasons... we are talking about some of the greatest qb season performances of ALL TIME... aka makes peytons 2004 season look average... if tom brady goes on to never win another superbowl, what will his legacy be.... he won early when he was young, but at his absolute prime/peak, he never won it and will have gone about 9-11 seasons without winning a superbowl to end his career...

same logic with eli imo, he has 2 superbowls yes, but is this guy even better than tony romo seriously?... as a redskins fan, even I can admit that romo is an elite QB

PieceAMind
08-03-2012, 06:12 AM
- Play for highest pressured city to succeed-or-be-hated in America
- Claim you're as good as arguably best QB in NFL
- Get mocked all season
- Throw for 4900+ and Make playoffs with LAST ranked Running game
- Win against top seeds on road back-to-back
- Face said arguably best QB in NFL in Superbowl
- Outplay said QB in route to winning superbowl
- Win MVP of superbowl
- No longer questioned on ability except by butthurt ***s

/thread

problemz
08-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Plenty of players in the HOF with less then stellar regular season careers but great playoff #s. Eli is a two time winning SB Qb. He will be in the HOF.

1harud1
08-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Opinions are facts now, interdasting

SF49ers
08-03-2012, 06:49 AM
You must look like a silly phaggot walking around lol'n all day.

- Get mocked all season
- Win MVP of superbowl

/thread

This

Plenty of players in the HOF with less then stellar regular season careers but great playoff #s. Eli is a two time winning SB Qb. He will be in the HOF.

And this

ZBlacktt
08-03-2012, 07:30 AM
It's time to stop hatin on Eli Manning. The guy as proven himself to be a winner. Out growing the shadow of just being Petyon's little brother. When his career started out, everyone thought there is no way this guy is even going to make it in the NFL. To where he has gotten today. He never gave up or listened to the sports critics and became the Super Bowl Champ not once, but twice. With both times taking a hell of a journey to get there.

Future24
08-03-2012, 07:32 AM
I love when OP's make dumb statements and don't tell you who their favorite team is so we can't ridicule that garbage squad.

bmp010
08-03-2012, 07:38 AM
If you're a QB that won two superbowls as a starter you're going to Canton. Sorry idiot OP.

problemz
08-03-2012, 07:53 AM
I love when OP's make dumb statements and don't tell you who their favorite team is so we can't ridicule that garbage squad.

I have only seen him trash the Giants,Cowboys and Redskins..so I'm assuming he's a Eagles fan.

NewYorkGiants
08-03-2012, 08:00 AM
Right now, def not HOF QB, his teams are typically 9-7 in the regular season, than the defense owns in the playoffs and he managers the games decently, I'd put him top 15 QB right now

Eli hasn't managed the games in the playoffs, he has stepped up his play significantly. You realize he owns the all time record for most passing yards in a postseason? Averaged over 300 yards a game last year and continued it into the postseason. He threw for over 6100 yards last year in his 20 games. In 2 SB runs, he has throwns 15 TD and 2 Int with over 62% completions. Strong game manager.

Well said. You are one of the most unbiased poster on these forums. GJDM.

Bcider
08-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Butthurts gonna butthurt. His playoff stats are obscene and was definitely not carried. Last season the giants had one of the worst secondaries and run game in the league. Giants football is strong dline and strong qb in the playoffs. Get over it you salty fan of a subpar franchise.

krogtaar
08-03-2012, 09:53 AM
- Get mocked all season
- Win MVP of superbowl

/thread

this. people still judge eli for his first few years in the NFL. IMO he has to win another SB MVP with no running game or secondary to be considered HOF material here.

MayweatherFan90
08-03-2012, 09:55 AM
don't know a QB in the NFL who makes this throw besides ELI

XP0Q5I0vgS4

Ecnewyx
08-03-2012, 10:05 AM
don't know a QB in the NFL who makes this throw besides ELI

[youtube]XP0Q5I0vgS4[youtube]

Risk-reward on throws like that are very bad, which is why. For better or for worse, that's always been a part of Eli's game with the Giants and Gilbride's offense. A slightly short throw on that is a pick and a Super Bowl loss. Most QBs in the NFL probably wouldn't even try it. Eli probably takes more shots into double coverage or near double coverage than any other QB, and again, he certainly goes downfield more than any other QB. (20 more times than the 2nd closest QB in 2011, and top 3 in downfield attempts > 20 yards since 2009). Calling him a game manager is ridiculous.

If you make a throw like that, you're the GOAT. If you miss, then you're the goat.

Same thing from this week's training camp. 2-minute drill from their own 20, Eli takes a shot 40 yards downfield to Hixon who barely has a step on his guy. Play is made, profit????

Borla118
08-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Can you name me a qb who was the starter of a 2 x super bowl winning team who is not in the hall?

If you're a QB that won two superbowls as a starter you're going to Canton. Sorry idiot OP.

Jim Plunkett...what do I win?

RobbinBanks
08-03-2012, 10:31 AM
hall of very good

/ thread

RobbinBanks
08-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Jim Plunkett...what do I win? lol THIS

respond phaggots

its not a magic rule that 2 super bowl's = hall of fame. I mean think about, suppose kerry collins ended up winning another somehow. should he be in the hall? or trent dilfer? there are many other factors brahs

IronOynx
08-03-2012, 10:33 AM
2 superbowls alone will get him in.

not to mention he beat brady twice. gfto.

NewYorkMets
08-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Jim Plunkett...what do I win?

lol THIS

respond phaggots

plunkett should be in, he had a solid career and yeah i forgot about him.
eli is still getting in if he stops playing today, guys don't get in the hall because of stats they get in because of moments and eli has had some huge ones. joe namath isn't in the hall because of his completion %, he's in cause he one of the biggest games in this sports' history.

RobbinBanks
08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
guys don't get in the hall because of stats they get in because of moments and eli has had some huge ones.

yea thats true, just wanted to respond to those claiming that 2 SB's mean automatic hall. far from true. If you argue it based on moments, yes he should be in

Rouhanibrah
08-03-2012, 10:43 AM
i love it when people say "fact" at the end of their post like it makes it legit

Ecnewyx
08-03-2012, 10:46 AM
lol THIS respond phaggots its not a magic rule that 2 super bowl's = hall of fame. I mean think about, suppose kerry collins ended up winning another somehow. should he be in the hall? or trent dilfer? there are many other factors brahs

I agree that it's not a magic in, and I also agree that Eli as of 2012 is not a Hall of Famer. But...

Jim Plunkett Postseason Stats during his Super Bowl wins:
1980: 49/92, 53% passing, 839 yards (209 yds/game), 7 TDs, 3 INTs
1983: 54/83, 65% passing, 618 yards (206 yds/game), 2 TDs, 2 INTs

Trent Dilfer Postseason Stats during his Super Bowl win:
2000: 35/73, 47% passing, 590 yards (148 yds/game), 3 TDs, 1 INT

Eli Manning Postseason Stats during his Super Bowl wins:
2007: 72/119, 60% passing, 854 yards (213 yds/game), 6 TDs, 1 INT
2011: 106/163, 65% passing, 1219 yards* (304 yds/game), 9 TDs, 1 INT
*most in a postseason by a QB.

Let's be serious. You can't compare Eli to Dilfer or Plunkett in the postseason.

As for Eli to Plunkett during the regular season, looking at their career numbers to date (but not looking at win/loss):

Plunkett: 52.5% career passing, 164 yds/game average, 1.2 picks for every 1 TD thrown. Most yards in a season = 2,935. Most TDs in season = 20.
Eli: 58% career passing, 227 yds/game average, 0.70 picks for every 1 TD thrown. Most yards in a season = 4,933. Most TDs in a season = 31.

Again, Eli's career body of work statistically isn't great. It's probably not even good. But he is better than Plunkett and Eli vs. Dilfer in the postseason is complete joke.

yea thats true, just wanted to respond to those claiming that 2 SB's mean automatic hall. far from true. If you argue it based on moments, yes he should be in

I'd argue that he could be in but I personally don't believe he should be in. Yet. I think he will get it when all is said and done.

BabyOilBrah
08-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Giants defense gave up 25 ppg last year (regular season), only reason why we were 9-7 and made the playoffs is because of Eli + WRs.

ZBlacktt
08-03-2012, 11:09 AM
Giants defense gave up 25 ppg last year (regular season), only reason why we were 9-7 and made the playoffs is because of Eli + WRs.

That and that playoff run was just epic.

_NEMESIS_
08-03-2012, 11:27 AM

And Tom Brady didn't have an awesome defense when he won all his SB's? Brady also had the most clutch kicker of all-time who bailed him out of his SB wins. Also, we seen what happened when Brady went out and they subbed in Matt Cassel..Product of the system?

ToolTime2120
08-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Honestly, right now he isn't a hall of famer, but he probably will be in it someday. I hate him, but that is how the system works. Everyone is obsessed with championships. He has had 2 good years (one of them was last year), the rest were the definition of average for a QB. But the fact that he was part of 2 huge super bowl runs (both teams got hot at the right time), almost got sacked and threw up a miracle hailmary (tyree) and then the Manningham catch last year, makes him in the conversation. Its stupid, but thats the way it is.

I could play for 10 years, average 2,500 yards 15 td's and 20 interceptions every year for my career, but if I was a 4 time superbowl mvp I'd be in the Hall

mayweathermusic
08-03-2012, 11:41 AM

what was elway's career qb rating again?

Ecnewyx
08-03-2012, 11:45 AM

Different era is different though. Marino had a career QB rating of 84. Nowadays passers are breaking 90s on the regular.

BendinSteel
08-03-2012, 11:45 AM

79.9 I guess QB rating is all OP is going by

Alec Trevelyan
08-03-2012, 11:48 AM
- Eli Manning has the NFL record for most 4th quarter touchdown passes in a season
- Eli Manning has the NFL record for the most road playoff wins by a quarterback
- Eli Manning has the NFL record for the most passing yards in a single postseason

I don't care what else he did or didn't do in his career, that alone make him a borderline hall of fame player.

Plus 2 SB MVP trophy's (I think only 5 qbs in history have done that)
Current Ironman in the NFL
and just insane playoff numbers!

Yea OP is getting negged!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/311665_10151316722604377_1282594270_n.jpg

F.A.M.E.
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
TBH, how much of that career rating was influenced by a shiitty start to his career?

SpiderSense
08-03-2012, 11:52 AM

And not a single general record was posted that day.

BRB Joe Schmoe has the most wins on turf while wearing white cleats when the weather is below 50 degrees :rolleyes:

SpiderSense
08-03-2012, 11:54 AM
i love it when people say "fact" at the end of their post like it makes it legit

I love when people say "I love it when..." as if it means they actually love it.

Ecnewyx
08-03-2012, 11:55 AM
And not a single general record was posted that day.

BRB Joe Schmoe has the most wins on turf while wearing white cleats when the weather is below 50 degrees :rolleyes:

Didn't know "most passing yards in a postseason" didn't count as a "general record". You know, like Brees' "most passing yards in a regular season"?

The lengths that some people will go to in order to discredit Eli is bewildering. Though less so from a Patriots fan.

GrecoRoman
08-03-2012, 11:59 AM
He's not a HOFer yet, but assuming he keeps putting up very good stats, he'll get there. Having not only 2 SB wins, but 2 SB MVP awards, is huge.

Also, anyone saying he got lucky to win either title or that the defense carried him there is dead wrong. The Giants had the 27th ranked defense last year, and so what that Tyree made a miracle catch? Do we deduct a SB win from Brady's ledger because of Vinatieri's miracle kick in the snow against the Raiders? Of course not.

this, lettuce be real tea though. Those two sb's are really his only stake at being a HOFer. Think about it this way. If we let anybody who wins mutiple titles in the HOF, we automatically have to include Ben and Brady. Rodgers will probably win another win and so will Brees but even if they don't their career numbers are much better than Elis and they both have at least one. Peyton is in it as well. You telling me we have 6 HOF QB's playing in the NFL at one time with 5 of them in their prime?

BigDawg69
08-03-2012, 11:59 AM
i'll be sure to bump this thread when giants go 6-10 and miss the playoffs because eli is throwing up picks. No good qb throws over 15 ints every year. Dude is trash and will be exposed this year. Enjoy riding on his cock while you can phaggots

SpiderSense
08-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Didn't know "most passing yards in a postseason" didn't count as a "general record". You know, like Brees' "most passing yards in a regular season"?

The lengths that some people will go to in order to discredit Eli is bewildering. Though less so from a Patriots fan.

And Drew Bree's record for regular season holds more weight than flukey postseason records.

BRB balling out for 16 games, not 4-5 games.

If I'm not mistaken the record for most rushing yards in a postseason game was set by some nobody.

Great company to be in.

Ecnewyx
08-03-2012, 12:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken the record for most rushing yards in a postseason game was set by some nobody.

Great company to be in.

Eric Dickerson, NFC-D: L.A. Rams vs. Dallas, 1985 - 248 yards

I guess if you consider Dickerson to be "some nobody". As opposed to a Hall of Famer and arguable top 10 RB of all time.

PieceAMind
08-03-2012, 12:10 PM
not to mention Eli plays in the MEADOWLANDS. Unlike Brees/Stafford who play 10 games at least every year in weather-less condition domes. With the exception of maybe Chicago, no city has the wind factor as well as cold as much as Giants Stadium.

SpiderSense
08-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Eric Dickerson, NFC-D: L.A. Rams vs. Dallas, 1985 - 248 yards

I guess if you consider Dickerson to be "some nobody". As opposed to a Hall of Famer and arguable top 10 RB of all time.

Off the top of my head Officer Google.

Would you really like me to comb through postseason records to see how many nobody's have broke records?

Ecnewyx
08-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Off the top of my head Officer Google.

You could just admit that you made an assertion off the top of your head which turned out to be incorrect. And not just incorrect, but flagrantly incorrect since your "some nobody" is actually a Hall of Fame running back.

Would you really like me to comb through postseason records to see how many nobody's have broke records?

Sure, if you want.

But you should also note during this exercise that many of the postseason records (for the entire postseason as opposed to a single game) are held by "somebodies".

Liff_Wates
08-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Eagles fan here.

If he retired today I'm not sure he'd be a lock but by the end of his career he probably will be. The fact that he went against Belichick, whom many tout as the greatest most geniusest coach/defensive mind of all time twice in the SB and won both times has to weigh heavily in his favor. Granted they weren't Belichick's strongest D's, but this is the guy who mounted a Super Bowl run playing Troy Brown in the defensive backfield.

CCAurora
08-03-2012, 01:45 PM
LOL @ these threads... I have never heard anyone say Eli was a HOF'er here and now... definitely on the right track to be there by the time his career ends, though... LOL @ people trying to knock his rings by saying their regular seasons were weak... that's like praising a 15-1 team who blows it every January... for the record, Jim Kelly's career QB rating is very close to Eli's and he was 0-4 in the Super Bowl...

SpiderSense
08-05-2012, 01:09 AM
LOL @ these threads... I have never heard anyone say Eli was a HOF'er here and now

LOL, they funny thing is they don't.

One of the ESPN morning radio show guys said Phil Simms said it and as you know people on TV = Sports Central forum on bodybuilding.com.

NewYorkGiants
08-05-2012, 05:14 AM
Why does anyone care if Eli is a HOFer if he retires today. Assuming no catastrophic injuries, he could and should easily play 6-7 more years. Argument is dumb.

BigDawg69
12-30-2012, 03:00 PM
in to neg OP. two rings and counting.

- Get mocked all season
- Win MVP of superbowl

/thread

Butthurts gonna butthurt. His playoff stats are obscene and was definitely not carried. Last season the giants had one of the worst secondaries and run game in the league. Giants football is strong dline and strong qb in the playoffs. Get over it you salty fan of a subpar franchise.
lmao at these clowns^

i'll be sure to bump this thread when giants go 6-10 and miss the playoffs because eli is throwing up picks. No good qb throws over 15 ints every year. Dude is trash and will be exposed this year. Enjoy riding on his cock while you can phaggots
and op is exposed as wizard

Shrugs4Life
12-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Eli is not without his faults. He's actually a microcosm of the entire giants team, inconsistent. The thing about him is that he has won. How many multiple super bowl winning qbs are in the nfl right now? Only Ben, Brady, and Eli. You may not like him, but you can't logically dispute that he is one of the most successful qbs in the league.