PDA

View Full Version : dr debug B2 'Legacy Option ROM initilization' COMPUTER BUILD HELP!!

Gorillafunk
07-29-2012, 07:32 AM
Hey brahs,
Just got about making my first rig.
Specs
i5 3570
gigabyte z77 extreme 4m
gigabyte gtx 670 oc 2gb
1 tb barracuda
ocz vortex 60gb

Now when i boot up the computer, Dr Debug shows a B2 which in the manual says it means legacy option ROM initialization. I have no idea what that is. I'm hoping my motherboard isnt broken or something :(
Can anyone with any experience give us some help?

SynapticCleft
07-29-2012, 08:49 AM
Are you sure your mobo is a Gigabyte model?

First I'd go to the I/O panel of your motherboard and hit the cmos button, it should reset to factory default.

rrbedford
09-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Hey brahs,
Just got about making my first rig.
Specs
i5 3570
gigabyte z77 extreme 4m
gigabyte gtx 670 oc 2gb
1 tb barracuda
ocz vortex 60gb

Now when i boot up the computer, Dr Debug shows a B2 which in the manual says it means legacy option ROM initialization. I have no idea what that is. I'm hoping my motherboard isnt broken or something :(
Can anyone with any experience give us some help?

I think you have the Asrock z77 Extreme 4 motherboard. That's what I have, and have sort of the same issue. What my new PC does is turn on by itself and then sits at the BIOS screen showing a list of devices with the b2 error code on the bottom right of the screen and on the motherboard itself. I have no idea what this is either. I went into the Boot section of the BIOS (Hit delete key when computer first turns on), and switched it from Legacy to EFI. I am not sure if that will make a difference or not. Whenever I hit the reset button it boots up fine. I just don't know how or why it starts up all by itself.