PDA

View Full Version : Apple guru's, need help with my iPhone 4S problem.

blodger42
07-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Phone's being a dik lately, will get down to 25% battery and then turn off and act as if the battery is flat and the phone is dead. Usually I can let it dwindle down to 1% and everything will be fine, but 3 days ago it started doing this.

Any suggestions on what I need to do to solve this issue?

EatingPancakes
07-29-2012, 01:02 AM
You're not alone, most times people try to fix it using the standard, restart>reset>restore etc., but I have a feeling it's a hardware issue. It's too ubiquitous to be a one-off thing.

http://i.imgur.com/iWjCy.png

freshbrownie
07-29-2012, 01:02 AM
not an apple guru, but if you bring it to the store genius bar and it's under warranty, they'll give you a brand new one. just make sure to back up your phone.

blodger42
07-29-2012, 01:06 AM
I read that if you charge it to full then let it go til it dies, then repeat again, then it should, theoretically, go back to normal. Really hope it's not a hardware issue

AJ1990
07-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Do a DFU restore:
- Connect iPhone to iTunes
- Hold down sleep and home buttons together for 8 seconds, then let go of sleep button, while home button is still being pressed.
- iPhone should be at a blank black screen
- If done correctly, a pop up should come up on iTunes
- Click restore

This will wipe out the OS software on your iphone and reinstall it.

Then restore as a NEW iphone. Don't use a back up, because it may bring back the issue. Just make sure your contacts are stored onto iCloud or your email account.