PDA

View Full Version : Other than food what do I need

will30
07-27-2012, 03:53 PM
I mean there's a free trial for Force Factor and I want to get that whenever I finally am able to start this. 3000 calories I guess is my goal, so other than food and the workout drink, what else do I need and I need to do this all cost effective.

Frank_SW
07-27-2012, 03:58 PM
air is good too I hear.

Wakaaa
07-27-2012, 05:12 PM
3000 is your goal? No, calories should not be your goal, unless you figured that's what you need to eat and have a hard time achieving it, if that's the case you should figure out how you're going to get those calories instead.... Achieving a certain weight, look, strength gain, or anything to improve how you look is a much reasonable goal. Where did you get your goal from? Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude or offensive.

Try reading the stickies under the nutrition section in the forums. It'll actually set you up on how many calories you actually need. You don't know if 3000 calories are perfect or not so you need to figure out an estimate using the stickies. Stick to those macros (you'll learn about this if you read the stickies), lift heavy, get those micro-nutrients, sleep well and hopefully you'll see results.

Good luck man, if you have anymore questions just ask.

SwoleMe
07-27-2012, 05:47 PM
air is good too I hear.

And dat water

Gemuadrken
07-27-2012, 06:21 PM
You have to understand that everything happens slowly. You need to understand that you need to be patient. Understand that everything you do isnt for you right now, but you in the future. You need to give up some instant gratification for the hope that your goals may be achieved in the future. And also I heard PB tortilla is pretty good.

will30
07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
3000 is your goal? No, calories should not be your goal, unless you figured that's what you need to eat and have a hard time achieving it, if that's the case you should figure out how you're going to get those calories instead.... Achieving a certain weight, look, strength gain, or anything to improve how you look is a much reasonable goal. Where did you get your goal from? Sorry, I don't mean to sound rude or offensive.

Try reading the stickies under the nutrition section in the forums. It'll actually set you up on how many calories you actually need. You don't know if 3000 calories are perfect or not so you need to figure out an estimate using the stickies. Stick to those macros (you'll learn about this if you read the stickies), lift heavy, get those micro-nutrients, sleep well and hopefully you'll see results.

Good luck man, if you have anymore questions just ask.

I weigh between 125-135, 3000 I thought should be a reasonable goal. I have a fb friend who is skinny and said he's gained 30 pounds in a year eating 3000 cals and 130 grams protein(I'll have to look). Bodybuilding is really not my goal I just want to look better aesthetically and more healthy looking. The whole macros stuff I read a while back and it was just very confusing to me. I guess because I'm not a math wiz.

Ataglance1234
07-28-2012, 12:16 AM
I weigh between 125-135, 3000 I thought should be a reasonable goal. I have a fb friend who is skinny and said he's gained 30 pounds in a year eating 3000 cals and 130 grams protein(I'll have to look). Bodybuilding is really not my goal I just want to look better aesthetically and more healthy looking. The whole macros stuff I read a while back and it was just very confusing to me. I guess because I'm not a math wiz.

u dont need to be a math wiz

you need common sense

bladetink
07-28-2012, 04:59 AM
no need to make calculations before even trying. things will change a lot.

axxlef
07-28-2012, 06:06 AM
At your weight 3000 would be a pretty good starting point. Also no real need for expensive supplements at this stage, although creatine is so cheap its probably worth taking.Just hit your minimum macros which for you would be around 120g protein and 65g fat and enjoy eating whatever else you feel like.Most important thing is hit the weights regularly eat plenty and enjoy the muscle gains that will follow.

BDeblo
07-28-2012, 06:24 AM
And dat water
and a good night's rest