PDA

View Full Version : Report: Heat open 2013 season vs. Celtics, host Thunder on Christmas Day

07-23-2012, 01:11 PM
The Miami Heat finally get to open at home.

After opening in Boston in 2010, and in Dallas in 2011 where they watched the Mavs raise the banners for the title they had won over Miami, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that the Heat will host the Boston Celtics on opening night, October 30th, at American Airlines Arena in Miami. It will be the first meeting between the Celtics and former-Celtic and Big 3 member Ray Allen, who joined the Heat in free agency this month.

The Sun-Sentinel also reports that the Heat will host the Oklahoma City Thunder in a Finals rematch on Christmas Day, and will face the Los Angeles Lakers on January 17th and February 10th.

Interestingly, the Heat are reportedly only scheduled to face the Brooklyn Nets in Brooklyn once. You'd assume then that the three other required matches against Brooklyn will occur in Miami, meaning the Heat are set up for a nice schedule in their favor.

The full NBA schedule is due out later this week.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19640152/report:-heat-open-vs-celtics-on-opening-night,-october-30th-host-thunder-on-christmas-day

Sikhveins
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Chant: F-U ALLEN, F-U ALLEN

GooBaaa
07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Lol what are the odds of this

notsrs

iloverat
07-23-2012, 01:26 PM

inb4 3 point record in a game broken vs celtics.. ray 'the swag' allen and the miami heat are gunna go historic this season..74-8, nom sayin

sydneyalysse
07-23-2012, 01:41 PM
inb4 3 point record in a game broken vs celtics.. ray 'the swag' allen and the miami heat are gunna go historic this season..74-8, nom sayin

so who is miami going to lose those 8 games to buddy.

UltraOmega
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
people still watch NBA?

WesCracker
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
so who is miami going to lose those 8 games to buddy. The lakers. + there gonna lose 3 games in the playoffs. After getting whooped in the regular season by the lakers and sweept in the finals.

regGQ
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Who cares who the Heat open with dawg

It's all about Knicks vs Nets battle for New York aka the Big Apple, aka Metropolis aka Gotham

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/djmambo/celebrity_halloween_18.png

RogerSterling
07-23-2012, 02:25 PM

It's all about Knicks vs Nets battle for New York aka the Big Apple, aka Metropolis aka Gotham

Metropolis isn't the nickname for NYC it's what you call a major city.

Also nobody cares about NYC's poverty teams except for ESPN and apparently some Canadian dude.

MrGrimes
07-23-2012, 02:26 PM

Also nobody cares about NYC's poverty teams except for ESPN and apparently some Canadian dude.

Lol I can sense the hate

RogerSterling
07-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Lol I can sense the hate

it is strong

P51
07-23-2012, 02:29 PM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/djmambo/celebrity_halloween_18.pngThats funny because Metropolis was originally based off Cleveland....

regGQ
07-23-2012, 02:30 PM

Metropolis as in the city from Superman you unaware goof

BullStampede
07-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Good. The Celtics can watch us raise our banner; knowing they were one win away from stopping it.

AlliWantisLulz
07-23-2012, 02:37 PM
regular season doesn't matter to miami, they get bored and give 0 fuks

being healthy heading into the playoffs is more important than being the number 1 seed.

the game is in miami dumbass

RogerSterling
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Metropolis as in the city from Superman you unaware goof

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis

I'm fully aware of Superman and Metropolis, quite possibly two of the most lazy names in history.

brb naming my dog Canine.

BullStampede
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
regular season doesn't matter to miami, they get bored and give 0 fuks

being healthy heading into the playoffs is more important than being the number 1 seed.

the game is in miami dumbass

Are you saying we are going to lose that game? I dont think so mate.

in b4 another 40 pt blowout the game after out championship win. Then in b4 that same team sweeps us in the first round.

YesWayNoWeigh
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Chant: F-U ALLEN, F-U ALLENwouldnt be surprised if that happens since boston fans are a bunch of morans, but the game is in miami, bro

sdballer5588
07-23-2012, 03:12 PM

in b4 another 40 pt blowout the game after out championship win. Then in b4 that same team sweeps us in the first round.

You know the LOSING team blew out the former champion.

The way you just said that you make it sound like you were coming off winning, and not coming off an embarassing loss.

Calling a Rondo batsht insane triple double as a gigantic middle finger to Ray Ray.

AlliWantisLulz
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM

lolwat

i said miami gives 0 fuk and get bored late in the season because some guy earlier in the thread said miami could potentially win 70+ games this season, but miami won't take the regular season serious enough to focus and get 70+ wins

BullStampede
07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
You know the LOSING team blew out the former champion.

The way you just said that you make it sound like you were coming off winning, and not coming off an embarassing loss.

Calling a Rondo batsht insane triple double as a gigantic middle finger to Ray Ray.

Sorry, should written that better. I mean that the Bulls **** on us right after our ring ceremony(I was there, embarrassing as ****), then swept us in the first round(Was also there, felt even worse). In this year's scenario, the Boston Celtics would play the role of the Chicago Bulls. The role of the Miami Heat would be played by Jean Claude Van Damme.

AreolaBorealis
07-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm guessing the other Xmas day games will be Celtics @ NYK, Clippers @ Lakers

07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
I can't wait till they come to Boston

FryDude
07-23-2012, 04:19 PM

The Canadian would be better served rooting for a winning franchise like the Raptors imho.

Workout4ever
07-23-2012, 04:44 PM
inb4 ray allen drops 10 3's in the game

Gonna be lol'ing so hard when people care so much about the heat losing a few games in the regular season

we da best we gonna win it all again, noone can stop us u mad bro

sdballer5588
07-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Sorry, should written that better. I mean that the Bulls **** on us right after our ring ceremony(I was there, embarrassing as ****), then swept us in the first round(Was also there, felt even worse). In this year's scenario, the Boston Celtics would play the role of the Chicago Bulls. The role of the Miami Heat would be played by Jean Claude Van Damme.

Lol, I think Boston comes out on fire personally. But that Lebron guy might stop that. He's probably the only person on the planet with that ability.