PDA

View Full Version : Can I seriously eat 1000 calories twice a day??

Adam8785
07-21-2012, 08:51 PM
I'm fasting and I was told meal timing is irrelevant. I eat half my total calories in the morning (before fasting starts), and the other half in the evening (after we break our fast). I feel so full to the point where I almost sick! I hit the gym about an hour after my evening meal (same gym schedule as before fasting, just different time). Can I seriously still be losing weight eating at 20% under my TDEE, even if I feel full beyond belief? I'm still hitting my daily protein and fat goals, but its so much food in only 2 sitdowns. Will I still lose weight?

runsalot
07-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Yes

vismal
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
You so seriously can! Welcome to the club! Been cutting on 1000 calorie + meals for months!

MikeK46
07-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Will I still lose weight?

Calories in vs. calories out.

dukend
07-21-2012, 09:35 PM
or you can do 1 500 cal meal; and 1 1500 cal meal per day like I do.

mbranco47
07-22-2012, 12:02 AM
having your evening meal post workout would be more beneficial

dukend
07-22-2012, 12:05 AM

why

SwoleMe
07-22-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm fasting

What sort of fasting? Ramadan? not doing IF based on that post....

JasonDB
07-22-2012, 12:30 AM
When I was regaining size earlier this year I was eating 4,500 calories in a 6 hour feed window (because if I eat all day 4,500 calories will not fill me up, just makes me hungry).

I can't even imagine feeling full after a single 1,000 calorie meal. 1st world problems.

Adam8785
07-22-2012, 01:36 AM
What sort of fasting? Ramadan? not doing IF based on that post....

yes Ramadan

TheNaturalEdge
07-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Yes.

MAGnitude
07-22-2012, 03:58 AM

no it wont.

naturalguy
07-22-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm fasting and I was told meal timing is irrelevant. I eat half my total calories in the morning (before fasting starts), and the other half in the evening (after we break our fast). I feel so full to the point where I almost sick! I hit the gym about an hour after my evening meal (same gym schedule as before fasting, just different time). Can I seriously still be losing weight eating at 20% under my TDEE, even if I feel full beyond belief? I'm still hitting my daily protein and fat goals, but its so much food in only 2 sitdowns. Will I still lose weight?

That is how I feel after big meals, I also feel sluggish, bloated, etc. so I eat smaller meals. Yeah you could do it but if you don't feel good, why would you?

kathrin_
07-22-2012, 05:18 AM
If it makes you feel sick, why do you do it?

MikeK46
07-22-2012, 08:08 AM

If you have 1 meal per day, then it is, by default, the post-workout meal.

Strong_1rd_Post
07-22-2012, 08:31 AM
i've just started doing this. intact, i've changed my nutrition plan around, and now only eat twice. over the entire week, it averages out to around 2100 calories per day. Also doing IF, so about to eat my first meal soon.

Gemuadrken
07-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Could also be pre workout. Couldnt it?

lol

RGpinili
07-22-2012, 10:08 AM
You so seriously can! Welcome to the club! Been cutting on 1000 calorie + meals for months!

And what a guilt-free club this is brah. I almost pity the rest of the world for not knowing such things that are common sense to me now.

Especially people buying all kinds of "healthy" foods and end up feeling super guilty binging on a bit of comfort food.

n0useforaname
07-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Heck.. Im eating 3000 cals a day and my first two meals are 1200 a piece.. Its pretty freaking awesome IMO.

Adam8785
07-22-2012, 11:33 AM
If it makes you feel sick, why do you do it?

Not much time to eat during Ramadan, so you have to condense your calorie intake to a shorter period of time

aliclark712
07-22-2012, 12:32 PM
And what a guilt-free club this is brah. I almost pity the rest of the world for not knowing such things that are common sense to me now.

Especially people buying all kinds of "healthy" foods and end up feeling super guilty binging on a bit of comfort food.

^^ this is me... clue me in? LOL

jd2967
07-22-2012, 12:35 PM
When I was regaining size earlier this year I was eating 4,500 calories in a 6 hour feed window (because if I eat all day 4,500 calories will not fill me up, just makes me hungry).

I can't even imagine feeling full after a single 1,000 calorie meal. 1st world problems.
Exactly what I was thinking.

vismal
07-22-2012, 01:43 PM
^^ this is me... clue me in? LOL

You can eat whatever you want whenever you want to eat it as long as it fits your daily macro nutrients. You should also strive to have a diet rich in different micro nutrients (vitamins minerals phytochemicals etc.) Once you have taken in and adequate amount of micro nutrients whatever macros you have left you can fill with ANY FOOD YOU WANT. This is how you can have a candy bar, or poptarts or ice cream and still lose weight. But if you fill your macros with all "junk" food you will not get the required micro nutrients you need. This article helps to explain the topic further http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

yieldtonothing
07-22-2012, 02:57 PM

as well as your pre-workout meal

my mind is now shattered

RGpinili
07-22-2012, 03:57 PM
You can eat whatever you want whenever you want to eat it as long as it fits your daily macro nutrients. You should also strive to have a diet rich in different micro nutrients (vitamins minerals phytochemicals etc.) Once you have taken in and adequate amount of micro nutrients whatever macros you have left you can fill with ANY FOOD YOU WANT. This is how you can have a candy bar, or poptarts or ice cream and still lose weight. But if you fill your macros with all "junk" food you will not get the required micro nutrients you need. This article helps to explain the topic further http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/

Good read. Lol@paleo diet

WoopItsKevin
07-22-2012, 04:53 PM

Bingo...hit the nail on the head here :)

hcoyle545
07-22-2012, 05:06 PM
Usually have a couple pieces of fruit, then a 1kcal meal, then a 2kcal meal before bed.

Feelsgudmostly.

MikeK46
07-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Could also be pre workout. Couldnt it?

lol

as well as your pre-workout meal

my mind is now shattered

As well as your intra-workout meal.

A meal that large will take more than 24 hours to fully digest. If you have 1 meal per day, every day, you will have undigested food in your GI tract piling up higher and higher, until eventually...

Mind = obliterated

JayC43
07-22-2012, 06:47 PM
If you're eating carbs in those meals I wouldn't recommend it, unless you enjoy huge blood sugar crashes

n0useforaname
07-22-2012, 07:21 PM
If you're eating carbs in those meals I wouldn't recommend it, unless you enjoy huge blood sugar crashes

I love huge blood sugar crashes, it makes me feel more like a man to have tiny wrecks going all through my body.

schumpetter
07-22-2012, 08:26 PM
Watch out with protein.
I've read multiple reports stating that the body can synthesize somewhere between 25 and 40 grams of protein for muscle mass in a 3 hours window.
Protein you consume more than 25-40 grams in this 3 hours, wont be used for muscle building, but for fat storage, or the toilet.
With only 2 meals a day you probably can't serve your protein needs.

tden99
07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Watch out with protein.
I've read multiple reports stating that the body can synthesize somewhere between 25 and 40 grams of protein for muscle mass in a 3 hours window.
Protein you consume more than 25-40 grams in this 3 hours, wont be used for muscle building, but for fat storage, or the toilet.
please leave troll.

schumpetter
07-22-2012, 09:06 PM
please leave troll.

You are NOT very smart aren't you?

vismal
07-22-2012, 09:44 PM
T
Watch out with protein.
This is soooooooooo wrong.
http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/is-there-a-limit-to-how-much-protein-the-body-can-use-in-a-single-meal/
http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

schumpetter
07-22-2012, 09:49 PM
T
This is soooooooooo wrong.

I know those articles vismal, but there are are also just as much articles and researches claiming the opposite. I have them right here at the university library.
When the bulk protein theory is true, not much is lost when spreading out protein intake. On the other hand when the 3 hour per 30 gram theory is true, bulking protein is harmfull.
So its still wiser to spread out your protein intake, also for other reasons i wont get into now.

dennis727
07-22-2012, 10:08 PM
Watch out with protein.

zzzzz. it simply means your body will process it longer.

schumpetter
07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
zzzzz. it simply means your body will process it longer.

Unfortunately you're all dead wrong, totally wrong.

Here a quote from Dr Peter Lemon:

Carbohydrates have a storage depot in the body called glycogen. Glycogen can be stored in the muscles and liver and then drawn upon hours or even days later when it’s needed. Proteins CAN"T be stored in the body.
Spreaded protein intake is essential for muscle development.

I can keep on going putting evidence here, but its an uphill battle with you guys. I'ld rather put that energy in other stuff.

n0useforaname
07-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Can someone seriously ban him ^^??