PDA

View Full Version : How many ECF finals or playoffs wins did KG have before going to Boston?

HotShot33
07-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Is he a first ballet HOFer?

The knock is Carmelo is a team cancer who can't win a championship (which is the biggest crock of **** I've ever heard), but KG never won anything before landing on Boston.

Knicks teams is tailor made for Melo, I can guarentee you he will be in the MVP running this year. Slow paced, defense, half court offensive. This sho will be good.

kyleTX
07-20-2012, 12:26 AM
Does ny have ray allen?

knicks r not bake

EatSheatRepeat
07-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Why do I have a feeling you are either a New York fan, live in New York, or both.

handsomedan1
07-20-2012, 12:31 AM
at least one i remember him winning one in the 03-04 playoffs

EatSheatRepeat
07-20-2012, 12:37 AM
lol most people here couldn't name more than 5 of his teammates from the wolves'

Sikhveins
07-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Fuk u. Do some research

TerifiedBrother
07-20-2012, 12:44 AM
15 playoff wins, and 2 ecf wins they lost to the lakers.

HotShot33
07-20-2012, 12:50 AM
lol most people here couldn't name more than 5 of his teammates from the wolves'

Name some of Melos teamates besides an old, shot Iverson. Ok then.

HotShot33
07-20-2012, 12:51 AM
15 playoff wins, and 2 ecf wins they lost to the lakers.

Melo has made an ECF with scrubs.

DubSilky
07-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Haha...you guise know minnesota is in west?

yungbreezy
07-20-2012, 01:51 AM
Melo has made an ECF with scrubs.

what?

I OuTsiDeR I
07-20-2012, 02:00 AM
Name some of Melos teamates besides an old, shot Iverson. Ok then.

Melo has made an ECF with scrubs. Billups "Mr Bigshot", JR Smith "Solid 6th man", Afflalo "Solid Overall Player", Nene "Decent Center", KMart "Tough Defende/rugged player", Chris Anderson "Blocking Machine" (at the time), Ty Lawson "Solid Back up pg" could go on.

First of all its WESTERN Conference Finals as in WCF. He made it there with "SCRUBS". ROFL get out of here. Stop trying to gas up his accomplishments. Was he the best player on the team? Yes. But stop trying to make like he was the ONLY reason why they got there.

Don't get mad that they couldn't get out of the west. Hell you had to go through San Antonio or the Lakers to get there, who eventually won most of the championships in Melo's Career.

Why is it that as soon as Melo left Denver, his coach and teammates seemed much happier, and actually let out some dirty laundry. Denver still makes the playoffs without him and push the Lakers to 7 games. These were some of the same "SCRUBS" that you mentioned that he played with.

CriticalThought
07-20-2012, 02:15 AM
only players decent players kg ever played with in minnesota were cassell and spreewell

they made it to thee conference finals but then cassell got hurt

marbury was good back then but he left early

kg carried his team he even led them in every stat a few years

melo just chucks the ball and is a bad leader

SweatAndTears
07-20-2012, 03:27 AM
not sure if srs, kg is a first baller hofer. you're going full retard if you don't think so.

TheRejuvenated
07-20-2012, 04:02 AM
"how many ECF finals did KG have before going to boston"

.... wow. first of all, ECF stands for eastern conference finals. so you said eastern conference finals finals, you MORON.

second of all, he wouldnt have EASTERN conference finals since he played in the WESTERN conference, you MORON.

thirdly, he led a team with latrell sprewell, who never played in the nba again, and sam cassell, who's a solid but nothing more point guard, and absolutely nothing else, to the western conference finals, you MORON.

/thread

sdballer5588
07-20-2012, 04:25 AM
Lala Vasquez got a misc acct.

Nolan78
07-20-2012, 04:51 AM
Billups "Mr Bigshot", JR Smith "Solid 6th man", Afflalo "Solid Overall Player", Nene "Decent Center", KMart "Tough Defende/rugged player", Chris Anderson "Blocking Machine" (at the time), Ty Lawson "Solid Back up pg" could go on.

First of all its WESTERN Conference Finals as in WCF. He made it there with "SCRUBS". ROFL get out of here. Stop trying to gas up his accomplishments. Was he the best player on the team? Yes. But stop trying to make like he was the ONLY reason why they got there.

Don't get mad that they couldn't get out of the west. Hell you had to go through San Antonio or the Lakers to get there, who eventually won most of the championships in Melo's Career.

Why is it that as soon as Melo left Denver, his coach and teammates seemed much happier, and actually let out some dirty laundry. Denver still makes the playoffs without him and push the Lakers to 7 games. These were some of the same "SCRUBS" that you mentioned that he played with.

Lets be real Melo is not in the KG class but his supporting cast wasn't as strong as you make it out to be. In 3 years no one will remember the majority of his Denver teammates

I OuTsiDeR I
07-20-2012, 05:26 AM
Lets be real Melo is not in the KG class but his supporting cast wasn't as strong as you make it out to be. In 3 years no one will remember the majority of his Denver teammates So his supporting class is better now? You feel he has a better chance with NY? ROFL. When they were the number 2 seed it was all because of Melo right, smh.

FYI The guys I mentioned were his teammates about 3 years ago and I still remember all of them.

That team was good enough to win. They ran through their first 2 opponents EASILY and appeared that they were going to give the Lakers a run. He had the right pieces to win they just didn't get it done. Stop acting as if his supporting cast WASN'T strong. This so called weak supporting cast still made it to the playoffs without him and took Lakers to 7 gms.

whitetigerwoods
07-20-2012, 05:52 AM
I stopped reading at defense. Carmelo Anthony can't even defend himself.

lsiberian
07-20-2012, 07:22 AM
KG is a better all-around player than Melo certainly not as good of a scorer, but a great defender. He was owned by Duncan, but Duncan is the GOAT PF.

Jess40
07-20-2012, 08:55 AM
"How many ECF finals or playoffs wins did KG have before going to Boston?"

Thread title fail. T-Wolves play in the West.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e361/jess40404040/LakersLauhginggif.gif

HelloDurr
07-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Szerbiak!! However u spell his name.

O and I remember Hudson with them dreadlocks

CriticalThought
07-20-2012, 10:33 AM
KG is a better all-around player than Melo certainly not as good of a scorer, but a great defender. He was owned by Duncan, but Duncan is the GOAT PF.

when was he owned? their head to head stats are about even

you mean duncans team owned kgs team?

08 celtics would beat any of duncans teams though

nvrstopworking
07-20-2012, 10:38 AM
LOL @ comparing KG to Melo.

Garnett is one of the best 2-way players ever to play the game and his length and quickness revolutionized the PF position. He won an MVP and very nearly led the T-Wolves to the finals (too bad Cassell got injured).

He's been the epitome of a team player for his entire career and does whatever it takes for his team to win.

Melo's a gifted scorer who STILL has trouble understanding that it doesn't matter how many times he drops 40 points if it takes him 30 shots to do it.

No comparison.

robfromlbc
07-20-2012, 10:44 AM
wow honestly one of the worst threads ever created you must be related to bizlawphaggot

JrM703
07-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Kevin Garnett may of not collected any playoff hardware in Minnesota, but he did a lot for a franchise that hasn't ever won a championship or division title previously;
1995-Kevin Garnett Drafted
1996-1st playoff appearance in franchise history.
1997-2nd playoff appearance in franchise history.
1998-3rd straight playoff appearance, and lost to the eventual champion Spurs.
1999-4th straight playoff appearance.
2000-5th straight playoff appearance.
2001-6th straight playoff appearance.
2002-7th straight playoff appearance.
2003-8th straight playoff appearance, No. 1 seed in the West, and lost in WCF.

Cliffs:

Before K.G. failure of a franchise
With K.G. franchise had success

Hengman
07-20-2012, 12:15 PM

08 celtics would beat any of duncans teams though

08 Celtics would get owned by 03 Spurs.

I OuTsiDeR I
07-21-2012, 06:05 AM

08 celtics would beat any of duncans teams though You clearly didn't watch them play when Duncan was in his prime. KG could do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING defensively vs Duncan. KG tried to get into Duncans head by getting up in his face talking trash. Duncan would just smile and did whatever he wanted vs him. He made KG look like Amare defensively. Duncan in his prime was a BEAST. His post play was extremely impressive, he could go left or right, fade away, up and under, hook, then he could face up and bank, hit the college 3 consistently. All this while being a great defender/rebounder. Basically you couldn't guard him.

08 Celtics wouldn't beat a Prime Duncan's Spurs IMO. KG would not go off like he did. Duncan could do whatever he wanted to KG. Bowen would shut down Pierce (believe me he would just ask Kobe) best perimeter defender I have ever seen, younger Ginobli, nuff said. Rondo was a non factor and Parker would have his way with him. Ray wouldn't be able to carry the team. I absolutely HATED the Spurs with a passion at the time but they were TUFF.

Dunno maybe they could pull it off but I don't think so. I mean if I'm not mistaken they had to go through 2 game 7's in rounds 1 and 2 that year.

jamnajh
07-21-2012, 11:48 AM
He was in the western conference before he went to Boston, Red

HotShot33
07-21-2012, 12:03 PM
LOL @ comparing KG to Melo.

Garnett is one of the best 2-way players ever to play the game and his length and quickness revolutionized the PF position. He won an MVP and very nearly led the T-Wolves to the finals (too bad Cassell got injured).

He's been the epitome of a team player for his entire career and does whatever it takes for his team to win.

Melo's a gifted scorer who STILL has trouble understanding that it doesn't matter how many times he drops 40 points if it takes him 30 shots to do it.

No comparison.

right, check carmelos shooting pCT.

CriticalThought
07-21-2012, 12:55 PM
You clearly didn't watch them play when Duncan was in his prime. KG could do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING defensively vs Duncan. KG tried to get into Duncans head by getting up in his face talking trash. Duncan would just smile and did whatever he wanted vs him. He made KG look like Amare defensively. Duncan in his prime was a BEAST. His post play was extremely impressive, he could go left or right, fade away, up and under, hook, then he could face up and bank, hit the college 3 consistently. All this while being a great defender/rebounder. Basically you couldn't guard him.

08 Celtics wouldn't beat a Prime Duncan's Spurs IMO. KG would not go off like he did. Duncan could do whatever he wanted to KG. Bowen would shut down Pierce (believe me he would just ask Kobe) best perimeter defender I have ever seen, younger Ginobli, nuff said. Rondo was a non factor and Parker would have his way with him. Ray wouldn't be able to carry the team. I absolutely HATED the Spurs with a passion at the time but they were TUFF.

Dunno maybe they could pull it off but I don't think so. I mean if I'm not mistaken they had to go through 2 game 7's in rounds 1 and 2 that year.

he couldnt stop kg either

they have nearly identical stats head to head

I OuTsiDeR I
07-22-2012, 06:37 PM
he couldnt stop kg either

they have nearly identical stats head to head Did you watch them play against each other? Or are you just going by the stats?

If you WATCHED, Duncan was CLEARLY better than KG.

CriticalThought
07-22-2012, 09:01 PM
Did you watch them play against each other? Or are you just going by the stats?

If you WATCHED, Duncan was CLEARLY better than KG.

some games he was better some games kg was better

duncan had the advantage of having a better team

I OuTsiDeR I
07-22-2012, 10:00 PM
some games he was better some games kg was better

duncan had the advantage of having a better team Obviously he had the better team. Individually he was better too. When I watched there was never a time I felt KG played better than him. KG always got into his face talking trash and Duncan kept doing his thing. All I remember is KG was constantly out of position defensively in the post due to Tim being able to go to multiple post moves and counter moves. There were times were KG kept up with him but overall Duncan pretty much had his number.

I think you just really like KG which is making you biased. I hated Duncan and the Spurs but at least I'm honest.

CriticalThought
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
Obviously he had the better team. Individually he was better too. When I watched there was never a time I felt KG played better than him. KG always got into his face talking trash and Duncan kept doing his thing. All I remember is KG was constantly out of position defensively in the post due to Tim being able to go to multiple post moves and counter moves. There were times were KG kept up with him but overall Duncan pretty much had his number.

I think you just really like KG which is making you biased. I hated Duncan and the Spurs but at least I'm honest.

name a specific game

TML89
07-23-2012, 04:55 PM

http://www.nba4all.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/wally-szczerbiak.jpg

WALLY WORLD!

sdballer5588
07-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Obviously he had the better team. Individually he was better too. When I watched there was never a time I felt KG played better than him. KG always got into his face talking trash and Duncan kept doing his thing. All I remember is KG was constantly out of position defensively in the post due to Tim being able to go to multiple post moves and counter moves. There were times were KG kept up with him but overall Duncan pretty much had his number.

Haha, you post a lot of stuff that just doesn't make sense.

KG was never massively outplayed by Duncan, ever. Their statistics are nearly identical, difference being Duncans team was far superior, and KG's team was directly on top of his back at all times.

In before you quote those incorrect Sports Illustrated stats from that Duncan article that got disproven like 16 different ways. Duncan and Garnett have always been incredibly evenly matched.