PDA

View Full Version : Buying a NEW laptop (need recommendations ) measly reps

TrentAM
07-18-2012, 10:45 AM
-Buying new Laptop
-Only using it for school ( I don't plan on playing any games on it)
- wanna stay within the $600-$700 bracket. However I will be willing to pay a bit more.
-Need recommendations

I had an Acer in the past which only lasted a year (problems with motherboard), but I have heard the majority of the time they are pretty good. Is that true?

Also any other recommendations would be good

CunningStunt
07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
How does one built a laptop? I don't think I've heard of someone 'building a laptop' like they would a PC...

GSimon
07-18-2012, 12:34 PM
How does one built a laptop? I don't think I've heard of someone 'building a laptop' like they would a PC...

illiterate much?

Ufabrah
07-18-2012, 12:36 PM
me my brother and my mom have all had acer laptops for at least a year now, and none of us have had a problem with them so far, if you're not playing games on the laptop and just using it for school i would just go to your local computer store and buy the laptop with the best warranty possible, they'll all be good for school unless you're majoring in something where you have to do a lot of computing

assuming you live near a microcenter like me, if you don't live near a computer store that won't rip you off order online, if you're not scared to try another acer i would recommend one, usually you get more stats for the same price from acer

Softworn
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I can only suggest Lenovo, Sony and Asus because Google is really screwing up with this whole Chromebook idea, and Apple is too greedy for people working with a low budget. Get something with a dedicated graphics card if you can because GIF's can really beat on on-board/on-chip video processors, despite their marketing lies.

Nara62629
07-18-2012, 01:49 PM
if you dont need it for any specific purpose, just find the cheapest one u can find from a reputable company. Asus, Lenovo have been good to me.

TrentAM
07-18-2012, 02:40 PM
Doing Uni in the fall so it's just going to be used for school (Word, Excel and the works). I'll rep everyone who replied later tonight, currently in class.

Thanks.