PDA

View Full Version : Cutting - when to protein bar

ready_to_learn
07-17-2012, 04:22 AM
Hey Guys,

Been a while since I've posted, just had a question.

I am cutting, read a few articles on lowering carb intake in the afternoon towards night time. My question is pretty much based on whether you guys think it would be more beneficial for me to therefore take my protein bar in the morning (13 fat/ 26protein / 31 carbs) and have a protein shake in the afternoon because of less carbs in the shake?

I could understand taking it in the afternoon on my training days, however, I am talking specifically on my non-training days.

-r2l

BDeblo
07-17-2012, 04:27 AM
I am cutting, read a few articles on lowering carb intake in the afternoon towards night time.
rubbish!
nutrient partitioning is unnecessary and largely irrelevant. Daily macros are of the importance, not what time it is when you get them. eat whenever you see fit

ready_to_learn
07-17-2012, 04:36 AM
rubbish!
nutrient partitioning is unnecessary and largely irrelevant. Daily macros are of the importance, not what time it is when you get them. eat whenever you see fit

Ah for real, I read a fair few articles about how you are less active towards the end of the day and therefore not to eat so many carbs, and to switch to more protein/fat sources.

layarph
07-17-2012, 04:37 AM
^^^

This. Change your sources of information immediately, before you get fed more disproven myths.

Read up on the basics: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851

snorkelman
07-17-2012, 04:59 AM
If your username was selected with humility, then you would be wise to hit your browser's "back" button and look at the stickies...

http://i53.tinypic.com/343is86.jpg

ready_to_learn
07-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Seems like my reply didn't come through, as I was saying yesterday - I just assumed the articles were right, I've had those tabs open for a while just hadn't gotten to the myths one yet :)

I had assumed incorrectly that the carb time was relevant, and therefore was asking a question based on my assumption!

Cheers for your help peops