PDA

View Full Version : need to tighten up my skin.

TaylorH18
07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
2 years ago i went from 278 to 185 in a little over 7 months. My skin is pertty stretchy and sags quite a bit in the stomach area, and my chest is not near as defined as i'd like. The doctor told me in about 2 years it would probably be fine, but it's pretty much the same.. Looking for some tips and advice on getting my skin nice and firm. I hit the weights 5 days a week followed by 40 minutes of cardio a day, anything i can add onto this or any supplements/creams i can use to help out? Any advice appreciated.

Serpentarius
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Depending on how much you have, its there for life, sorry to say. Depending on how much you have, it may take years and years of building enough mass, and it might not ever tighten up. Downside of getting obese. Skin is a paper thin organ, if it sags it is because it has been stretched and damaged.

TaylorH18
07-16-2012, 01:23 PM
i see peoples pictures on here where they have lost even more weight than me, and they dont even look like they were ever big.

Serpentarius
07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
i see peoples pictures on here where they have lost even more weight than me, and they dont even look like they were ever big.

thats genetics for ya.
Lets put it this way too, you lost around 100 pounds pretty fast, its even worse than doing it slowly for the reason of allowing it to retract slowly. Aside from surgery it will probably be there for life as it should have definitely tightened up already.

brobinson7234
07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm in the exact same situation....it's frustrating because you work do hard for that not to change...sometimes I think I look worse now ...but I guess one day just gonna have to get surgery

mjf100215
07-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah, skin elasticity is genetic. It's the same when some women get stretch marks during pregnancy and some don't.

Goodtimes029
07-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Drinking lots of water helps greatly!