PDA

View Full Version : importance of carbs while cutting?

Adam8785
07-14-2012, 07:34 AM
I heard that carbs help to flush out the fat cells enabling you to see the fat you lost? Is that true? If not, than do carbs have any importance at all during cutting (aside from energy)?

rand18m
07-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I heard that carbs help to flush out the fat cells enabling you to see the fat you lost? Is that true? If not, than do carbs have any importance at all during cutting (aside from energy)?

I've seen a lot of crazy comments/questions, but this one is up there with the best!! ;)

You need carbohydrates, the amount you eat depends on many variables such as energy needs, satiety, food preference etc.

KingJames2012
07-14-2012, 08:01 AM
I've seen a lot of crazy comments/questions, but this one is up there with the best!! ;)

You need carbohydrates, the amount you eat depends on many variables such as energy needs, satiety, food preference etc.

You don't need carbs. It's a matter of preference.

gustavfors
07-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Benefits of carbs imo = More energy, better tasting foods, more muscle volume.

gustavfors
07-14-2012, 08:09 AM

You need carbs.. You just dont need to obtain it from the diet itself.

psychodiver9
07-14-2012, 08:14 AM
You need carbs.. You just dont need to obtain it from the diet itself.

Lol. One no you dont. Two please explain where you get carbs if not from your diet

gustavfors
07-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Lol. One no you dont. Two please explain where you get carbs if not from your diet

Not sure if serious? A few tissues of the body can only use glucose for fuel.

psychodiver9
07-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Not sure if serious? A few tissues of the body can only use glucose for fuel.

Carbs are a non essential macro. Please answer number 2

rand18m
07-14-2012, 08:29 AM

That's silliness! The body needs and produces glucose every second of every day. To suggest otherwise is, well, silliness!

gustavfors
07-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Carbs are a non essential macro. Please answer number 2

The term non-essential doesn’t mean that the nutrient isn’t essential for life, rather it’s not essential that the nutrient is obtained from the diet itself. The body is able to produce some carbohydrate from the breakdown of other nutrients in a process called gluconeogenesis.

Btw you are just embarrassing.

psychodiver9
07-14-2012, 08:37 AM
The term non-essential doesnít mean that the nutrient isnít essential for life, rather itís not essential that the nutrient is obtained from the diet itself. The body is able to produce some carbohydrate from the breakdown of other nutrients in a process called gluconeogenesis.

Btw you are just embarrassing.

Like I said its non essential. See Keto

emac_fenian
07-14-2012, 08:37 AM
I heard that carbs help to flush out the fat cells enabling you to see the fat you lost?

I'm just trying to visualize this taking place and it's making me laugh.

emac_fenian
07-14-2012, 08:38 AM

I think you're getting low carb and no carb mixed up.

gustavfors
07-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Also worth pointing out is that if a person participates in high intensity exercise it may increase carbohydrate needs beyond what the body can make which puts carbohydrates into the essential category.

gustavfors
07-14-2012, 08:41 AM

Ignorant fool, please go.

KingJames2012
07-14-2012, 08:56 AM

Quoted again for emphasis. Carbs aren't essential.

Ok fine, show me some research where it states carbs are essential. I'll wait...

psychodiver9
07-14-2012, 08:58 AM

Why you mad bro?

Javilionaire
07-14-2012, 09:05 AM

No.

Regarding cutting, carbs do not have much of an importance, a part from providing a glycogen supply within our muscles. When you're on a lowcarb diet your insulin sensitivity increases, which means that less insulin secretion is required to result in the same cellular response. This is great because high insulin levels are positively correlated to increased fat storage, which is what you DON'T want. So I'd advise a low carb diet if you're considering cutting.

gustavfors
07-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Quoted again for emphasis. Carbs aren't essential.

Ok fine, show me some research where it states carbs are essential. I'll wait...

Again carbs are essential for life since there are a few tissues that can only use glucose as fuel. However its not essential to obtain carbs from your diet since your body is able to produce some carbohydrate from the breakdown of other nutrients.

"In short, to be considered essential, a nutrient must meet two primary criteria:
That nutrient is required for survival
That nutrient cannot be made in sufficient quantities (or at all) by the body"

Since your body can produce carbohydrates it is not considered essential but to say that your body doesnt need carbs is foolish.

JasonDB
07-14-2012, 09:28 AM
When refering to nutrients essential means that they are both required for life and general metabolic functions and, not or, the body cannot make it from another substance. While glucose (one type of carb) is essential for life... dietary carbs are not. Therefore carbs are not considered to be an essential nutrient. The body can covert up to 42% of protein eaten into glucose and around 10% of dietary fat into glucose.

Now all of that being said, having used a number of different methods for cutting I find moderate carb intake to yield the best results in terms of rapid loss of fat and maintaing muscle, energy and gym performance. Low carb = in ability to do large volumes of intense lifting... if carbs go too high I can't drop cals low enough to lose fat rapidly without sacrificing some protein, which could risk loss of muscle mass in a large deficit. Find your personal sweet spot in your macro calculations and based on how you feel when cutting on this one.

Adam8785
07-14-2012, 11:44 AM
so whats the point of refeeds?

alex2363
07-14-2012, 11:53 AM
When refering to nutrients essential means that they are both required for life and general metabolic functions and, not or, the body cannot make it from another substance. While glucose (one type of carb) is essential for life... dietary carbs are not. Therefore carbs are not considered to be an essential nutrient. The body can covert up to 42% of protein eaten into glucose and around 10% of dietary fat into glucose.

Now all of that being said, having used a number of different methods for cutting I find moderate carb intake to yield the best results in terms of rapid loss of fat and maintaing muscle, energy and gym performance. Low carb = in ability to do large volumes of intense lifting... if carbs go too high I can't drop cals low enough to lose fat rapidly without sacrificing some protein, which could risk loss of muscle mass in a large deficit. Find your personal sweet spot in your macro calculations and based on how you feel when cutting on this one.Good insight, best so far.

alex2363
07-14-2012, 12:00 PM
so whats the point of refeeds?efeed can help improve your situation especially if you have low leptin levels and a slower metabolism.