PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Routine Needed For Newbie With Limited Knowledge But Great Discipline

Bizzle13
07-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Hey all, first post here and I'll try and keep it short. When I was at school 2001-2006 I worked out and had a pretty good body, I already had a big frame so wasn't too difficult and since leaving school have been in and out of training, gonna try to get back in to it now and will be posting in the training section shortly but nutrition is my main issue.

I find it easy to eat right and rarely cheat but I need routine! I just don't know what should be on my routine but as my title says my discipline is pretty good; I decided I was eating too much fast food, bread, cheese and sweets so stopped eating all. I did move on to wholegrain bread as well as brown rice etc but ain't that fussed about bread so found it easy to stop buying it.

Being as I don't have a routine though I sometimes find myself not eating a proper meal or even not eating at all and thus end up craving sweets or fancying fast food just because it's quick. I'm not allergic to anything so was just wondering if someone could help with how man meals I should eat a day, portion control, maybe meal ideas and general tips (should I not eat a certain amount of time before bed? any foods I should definitely try to avoid? what can I do to make bland veg or rice more appetising? etc)

Oh one thing, I've been told cottage cheese is great to eat but the texture and taste isn't something I agree with so any ideas on alternatives or what I can do to make it edible?

In case anyone is wondering on a good day for breakfast around 10 I have flavoured porridge and maybe a piece of fruit and a pint of water. Try to have another pint once I've finished, then at dinner time I might have a ready made pork steak (herbs and garlic, mexican etc) or piece of chicken and some salad and maybe a few chips with another pint of water then before work maybe something quick and easy like a ready meal or a pizza or sometimes nothing at all. I usually get home from work and fancy something sweet but just ignore it and go to sleep.

What I'm hoping to get from this is to write myself a schedule of what meals to have and when for a week, then I can go to the supermarket, pick up everything I need and stick to it. Obviously I'll try and mix it up a bit but a general guideline would be a great start. Oh and I'm a mature student with a part time job so no I can't afford the most expensive steaks or other food but will see :D

Thanks everyone and sorry for the massive post. Bizzle

germaine07
07-14-2012, 06:44 AM
Didn't read, but read these:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136691851
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

SwoleMe
07-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Oh one thing, I've been told cottage cheese is great to eat but the texture and taste isn't something I agree with so any ideas on alternatives or what I can do to make it edible?

It not anything special. Don't eat it if don't like