PDA

View Full Version : What the F (NCAA 13 related)

Heaney
07-10-2012, 07:21 PM
What is with the freshman ratings this year....Michigan had two 5 stars and their highest freshman is a 72 overall? At 6 points per year progression the highest he could be would be 90 overall without a RS. Seems like all freshman (even DGB) are ranked too low to be worth a crap until RS SR years....EA, wtf?

wildchild11
07-10-2012, 07:27 PM
What is with the freshman ratings this year....Michigan had two 5 stars and their highest freshman is a 72 overall? At 6 points per year progression the highest he could be would be 90 overall without a RS. Seems like all freshman (even DGB) are ranked too low to be worth a crap until RS SR years....EA, wtf?

What's Denards speed rating?

BadaBingBdaBoom
07-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Good. Tired of seeing no name freshmen with 99 speed. They're unproven.

BigDawg69
07-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Its a lot more realistic not many true freshman make an impact,would rather have it like this then last year
brb every 4 and 5 star recruit is 95-99 by rs senior year and if you played a dynasty more then 5 seasons the top 25 teams are all A+

Backus21
07-10-2012, 07:35 PM
What's Denards speed rating?

96 speed. Playing against him is a bitch. Brb 3rd and 17, he drops back for 3 seconds and takes off and has the first before I can blink. Good luck with dynasty mode with him. Must be easy as **** lol

MonsterMikeLB
07-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Actually it makes sense, to keep parity amongst the teams in the game it would be unfare if a team with a ton of 5 star recruits would have all those guys go 95+ after 3 years.

As a Michigan grad I'm just happy we have two five star recruits.

Heaney
07-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Seems dumb to me that the best highschool player in America is an 82 overall and most 4*s are in the 60s.

Heaney
07-10-2012, 07:48 PM

Does this mean they're not fast? Should Jeff Demps have had a 87 speed rating as a freshman? DeAnthony Thomas?

BullStampede
07-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I dont see the problem. They are 18 years old wtf. No 18 year old is an 80+ overall. Ever.

Goby
07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
The bigger issue is that EA barely changed anything like usual and it's the same game as it's been the past 4 years.

YesWayNoWeigh
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
The bigger issue is that EA barely changed anything like usual and it's the same game as it's been the past 4 years.ive been getting ncaa for a while now but i realized this year really isnt any diff from last year, not gonna buy that chit I did like the dynasty where you could be off or def coordinator tho

wildchild11
07-10-2012, 08:03 PM
I dont see the problem. They are 18 years old wtf. No 18 year old is an 80+ overall. Ever.

That freshman WR for clemson Sammy Watkins, was the best receiveer in the whole ACC as a freshman. It can happen.

Goby
07-10-2012, 08:14 PM
ive been getting ncaa for a while now but i realized this year really isnt any diff from last year, not gonna buy that chit I did like the dynasty where you could be off or def coordinator tho

Dude I just want 2k back.

That **** is still better than any Madden and that's pathetic.

dan213
07-10-2012, 08:16 PM
The bigger issue is that EA barely changed anything like usual and it's the same game as it's been the past 4 years.

What do you expect? I have no idea why people expect a dramatic overhaul every single year. No sports game does that.

YellowOnYellow
07-10-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm so tempted to grab the game this year. Last ncaa I have is 08. Question tho is 12 or 13 better?

batman15
07-10-2012, 08:21 PM

A 40 time is proven. Awareness, throw accuracy, pass blocking, etc etc. are not proven.

batman15
07-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Signed,

Darren McFadden. Adrian Peterson.

Reptarr
07-10-2012, 08:23 PM
What do you expect? I have no idea why people expect a dramatic overhaul every single year. No sports game does that.

Can you please explain why they go BACKWARDS though? Remember being able to import draft classes from NCAA to Madden? Well not this year.. they ****ing took it out. Have fun with your computer generated rookies on Madden lulz

BullStampede
07-10-2012, 08:26 PM
That freshman WR for clemson Sammy Watkins, was the best receiveer in the whole ACC as a freshman. It can happen.

ok. He should then be a high ranked player the next year as a sophomore.

BullStampede
07-10-2012, 08:32 PM
Signed,

Darren McFadden. Adrian Peterson.

It is a video game. How many 5 stars flop and 3 stars thrive? Sam Bradford was a 3 star recruit iirc. My point is shouldnt be based on stars but on chance. Some 72 player can have a really good training camp+gain 1 point in different categories every couple of weeks and be an 81 AFTER the bowl weeks. When it is 5 stars = best players, there is no challenge or strategy in being a head coach. Whoever signs the most 4 and 5 stars wins. That is how it worked in 12.

Masstastic
07-10-2012, 09:09 PM
It is a video game. How many 5 stars flop and 3 stars thrive? Sam Bradford was a 3 star recruit iirc. My point is shouldnt be based on stars but on chance. Some 72 player can have a really good training camp+gain 1 point in different categories every couple of weeks and be an 81 AFTER the bowl weeks. When it is 5 stars = best players, there is no challenge or strategy in being a head coach. Whoever signs the most 4 and 5 stars wins. That is how it worked in 12.

Thats how it works in reality too.

The 5* recruits who don't make an impact typically end up in programs who have a lot of depth at certain positions and they simply don't advance enough to get PT. Happens a lot. But there is no doubt these guys project immediately to the college level better than 98% of lower ranked recruits. The only question is their development and if they push forward to become a starter or become content as a backup.

You need to stop watching them Hurricanes, they set a terrible example of wasted talent.

Goby
07-10-2012, 10:14 PM

Yeah if it was a good game then you would have a point but being that both NCAA and Madden are dog**** maybe they could focus on gameplay instead of intros.

SnapVille
07-10-2012, 11:18 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/55/554498.jpg
(I don't know what his freshman rating was tbf)

PervedOut
07-11-2012, 04:58 AM
More and more kids are coming out of High School ready to step in as starters at D-1 schools. I dont think its unheard of to make FR players ranked very high.

NorrinRadd12
07-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Have they fixed the recruiting? Last year teams were too tight with offering scholarships. It would be October and a 3 star would have 0 offers. In real life those guys have 20 offers before their junior season is over.

BullStampede
07-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Thats how it works in reality too.

The 5* recruits who don't make an impact typically end up in programs who have a lot of depth at certain positions and they simply don't advance enough to get PT. Happens a lot. But there is no doubt these guys project immediately to the college level better than 98% of lower ranked recruits. The only question is their development and if they push forward to become a starter or become content as a backup.

You need to stop watching them Hurricanes, they set a terrible example of wasted talent.

stop mirin the U bro.

I agree with you, I am saying that because they are so high and supposedly have higher game IQs, more natural ability/talent, etc. that they should grow at a faster pace than lower players. Meaning a 5 * recruit goes from 72 to 81 in one season for example, as opposed to a 3* going from 64 to 69 in one season. A 9 pt gain against a 5 pt gain. For their senior years, the 5* will be a 95+ easily, while the 3* will be pushing high 70s/low 80s. Im saying dont break the game so hard by have a freshman start at 89 from the get-go.

dekd
07-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Lol @ Notre Dame being an A+ team overall. Is this real life?

BullStampede
07-11-2012, 07:45 AM

lol they are every year bro. Most overrated team in the nation. FSU is a close second but ND surpasses them.

DubV
07-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Who are the best teams? How are my Mountaineers? I feel like I won't be able to be them this year w/o everyone thinking I'm cheap.

UniversityMisc
07-11-2012, 07:49 AM

lol they are every year bro. Most overrated team in the nation. FSU is a close second but ND surpasses them.This x100000

thegenerel
07-11-2012, 07:56 AM

largely true, but they overhauled the passing system this year and it is as good as it has ever been. if they can make similar leaps forward in the run game/defense each year the game will be more than satisfactory.

if anyone wants in the NCAA 13 online dynasty -

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146397263

LightsXout28c
07-11-2012, 07:57 AM
A simple weekly or monthly roster update like madden has would fix this problem.

dekd
07-11-2012, 08:09 AM
lol they are every year bro. Most overrated team in the nation. FSU is a close second but ND surpasses them.

Does anyone even watch them? When was the last time they were remotely relevant in the BCS race. Every year Notre Dame is going to be the best team in the history of college football, and every year they lose 4-5 games

Who are the best teams? How are my Mountaineers? I feel like I won't be able to be them this year w/o everyone thinking I'm cheap.

We have like a B- for defense and a B for offense (wut).

BigDawg69
07-11-2012, 08:52 AM
A simple weekly or monthly roster update like madden has would fix this problem.
they cant do that because technically the players on ncaa games arent real. Thats why they dont use their names, if they updated based on how the real players were doing it would have to start paying the players or get sued

StayPerfect4Me
07-11-2012, 09:01 AM
LOL at EA not allowing us to import draft classes anymore. Looks like I won't be buying either Madden or NCAA

thegenerel
07-11-2012, 09:02 AM

they cant do that because technically the players on ncaa games arent real. Thats why they dont use their names, if they updated based on how the real players were doing it would have to start paying the players or get sued

this should be apparent when looking at the rosters and seeing QB #7 line up for USC...besides, Community rosters handle this situation.

HumptyBrah
07-11-2012, 09:15 AM
Can you please explain why they go BACKWARDS though? Remember being able to import draft classes from NCAA to Madden? Well not this year.. they ****ing took it out. Have fun with your computer generated rookies on Madden lulz
Da fukkity fuk? Not sheriff srs. That's the only reason I bought NCAA year after year.

Yank11
07-11-2012, 09:15 AM
some news since a lot of people here didn't seem to know it; Madden got a COMPLETE overhaul this year including real time physics (aka weight/height make a difference and tackles are fluid) and a complete different franchise mode that made it impossible for them to make imported draft classes possible this year. I think they said they didn't want to include them if they were going to have tons of issues with them like in the past. I'm guessing in a few years we'll be hearing "brand new feature; the ability to import draft classes!"

Also, I think next year that NCAA will get the physics overhaul that Madden got this year, which will make it a brand new game.

About the freshman ratings, just wait for edited rosters. I'm more pissed off that there are no named rosters out yet, I honestly can't play without the names.

and if you didn't know NCAA is only ~$45 this year, (probably since they know its not a big improvement). I got it for $44 shipped on release day from amazon

lsiberian
07-11-2012, 09:23 AM
some news since a lot of people here didn't seem to know it; Madden got a COMPLETE overhaul this year including real time physics (aka weight/height make a difference and tackles are fluid) and a complete different franchise mode that made it impossible for them to make imported draft classes possible this year. I think they said they didn't want to include them if they were going to have tons of issues with them like in the past. I'm guessing in a few years we'll be hearing "brand new feature; the ability to import draft classes!"Also, I think next year that NCAA will get the physics overhaul that Madden got this year, which will make it a brand new game.About the freshman ratings, just wait for edited rosters. I'm more pissed off that there are no named rosters out yet, I honestly can't play without the names.

and if you didn't know NCAA is only ~$45 this year, (probably since they know its not a big improvement). I got it for $44 shipped on release day from amazon

I bought the game for RG3. Not gonna lie was very disappointed in the passing engine. RG3 can nail deep balls in real life, but in this game he can't. I doubt Madden got a real overhaul. I would be shocked if it really did. Only FIFA seems to get real improvements every year.

jayohthatman
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
The bigger issue is that EA barely changed anything like usual and it's the same game as it's been the past 4 years. they have no reason to change if they keep getting sales

BigDawg69
07-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Madden got a COMPLETE overhaul this year including real time physics (aka weight/height make a difference and tackles are fluid)
Finally, i was so fuking tired of having my 6'2 250lb power back get laid out by 180lb corners

TML89
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM

LOL, not on PSN... I just paid 60 bucks 2 days ago... unless you want to say that the "free" theme it came with is worth 15 bucks

thegenerel
07-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Da fukkity fuk? Not sheriff srs. That's the only reason I bought NCAA year after year.

some news since a lot of people here didn't seem to know it; Madden got a COMPLETE overhaul this year including real time physics (aka weight/height make a difference and tackles are fluid) and a complete different franchise mode that made it impossible for them to make imported draft classes possible this year. I think they said they didn't want to include them if they were going to have tons of issues with them like in the past. I'm guessing in a few years we'll be hearing "brand new feature; the ability to import draft classes!"

Also, I think next year that NCAA will get the physics overhaul that Madden got this year, which will make it a brand new game.

About the freshman ratings, just wait for edited rosters. I'm more pissed off that there are no named rosters out yet, I honestly can't play without the names.

draft classes isnt on the NCAA team, its on Madden due to Connected Careers mode. Madden is now a round hole and NCAA is a square peg. I bet NCAA 14 has its own Connected Careers type mode and order is restored. plus the last few iterations of NCAA/Madden lead to crappy draft classes. the best players in NCAA would be marginal NFL prospects. meh.

as for the physics, that will almost definitely be in NCAA 14, there was an interview at E3 where a guy from EA said that they tried to get the new physics in NCAA but they didnt have enough time to get it to work properly.

thegenerel
07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
LOL, not on PSN... I just paid 60 bucks 2 days ago... unless you want to say that the "free" theme it came with is worth 15 bucks

really? it has been $45 on amazon for a long, long time. Amazon almost always discounts game or offers a $10-15 credit.

TML89
07-11-2012, 10:07 AM
really? it has been $45 on amazon for a long, long time. Amazon almost always discounts game or offers a $10-15 credit.

Yes sir, $59.99. It's cool 'tho, I haven't played NCAA in years so I'm hoping it's going to be worth it for me since I won't be able to complain about it being the same game as last year.

thefederalist
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM

does that make him king of the retards?

BullStampede
07-11-2012, 11:09 AM
does that make him king of the retards?

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/disgusted-stephen-a-smith.png

Heaney
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM

There are named rosters out.....xIZ GONE RAINx has named rosters....not 100% accurate but decent....personally Im waiting for the community rosters over at Operation Sports Forums, theyre legit as fuuuu

scotyg
07-11-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/eye-on-college-football/19562483/the-2012-season-according-to-ncaa-football-13

Simulating the entire '12 season with NCAA '13, ended with Arkansas (13-0) beating Kansas State (12-0) 32-20 in the national championship game. Also lists major bowls and conference winners

did not see that coming, Batman would sure enjoy that though.

Goby
07-11-2012, 02:52 PM
they have no reason to change if they keep getting sales

Yeah because they have a monopoly which is fuking bull****.

BadaBingBdaBoom
07-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Is the game even worth getting this year? I'll probably get it anyway but the new feature being promoted is putting old Heisman winners on different teams? Not sheriff srs.

Loswaldo
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I Imported NCAA 12 last year, I don't think I will this year.

jayohthatman
07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Is the game even worth getting this year? can we get a few opinions on this. i liked the demo, so im considering it but ive got cold feet. im very careful with what i buy wanna make certain i'll like it

Heaney
07-11-2012, 04:23 PM
can we get a few opinions on this. i liked the demo, so im considering it but ive got cold feet. im very careful with what i buy wanna make certain i'll like it

Rent for week, if enjoyable buy used copy?

Calhexas
07-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Finally, i was so fuking tired of having my 6'2 250lb power back get laid out by 180lb corners

This is why I never enjoyed these games.

guys decleating mfers 50-100lbs heavier than them all game long. Made no damn sense.

jayohthatman
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Rent for week, if enjoyable buy used copy? yea ive never rented before though, dont I need to sign up to gamefly or blkbuster or some s*it? dont wanna do that for one game

Heaney
07-11-2012, 05:25 PM
yea ive never rented before though, dont I need to sign up to gamefly or blkbuster or some s*it? dont wanna do that for one game

You'd have to sign up somewhere but its free and takes 5-10mins