PDA

View Full Version : Carbs From Fruit Instead of Vegetables???

younglogic87
07-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Hello,

I was wanting to know if it would make a big difference if I took 90% of my carbs from fruit and fruit juices instead of vegetables? By the way, the fruits and fruit juices are organic. Or do you think I would be in taking too much sugar?

vismal
07-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Fruits are full of micro nutrients just like vegetables. There is no advantage to getting 90% of your carbs from fruits. You actually might miss out on some micro nutrients that vegetables are rich in. I would recommend getting your carbs from a variety of sources like fruits, vegetables, bread, pasta, oats, etc. The sugar is not a concern so long as you don't go over your daily allotment of carbs.

Dujin77
07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Fruits are full of micro nutrients just like vegetables. There is no advantage to getting 90% of your carbs from fruits. You actually might miss out on some micro nutrients that vegetables are rich in. I would recommend getting your carbs from a variety of sources like fruits, vegetables, bread, pasta, oats, etc. The sugar is not a concern so long as you don't go over your daily allotment of carbs.This.

tjwoody
07-09-2012, 10:51 AM
i do like getting them from fruits, veggies and ice cream!

epicfail101
07-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Is this a roll bread? Not sure or not...

Mean_Bean
07-09-2012, 11:06 AM
i do like getting them from fruits, veggies and ice cream!

this is WHAT I DO!!!
However, sometimes I'll sub out ice cream for another delicious treat, like Pie, Cake, Cinnamon Toast Crunch etc....