PDA

View Full Version : Nick Young signs with the 76ers

Masstastic
07-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Young has agreed to a 1-year, 6M deal with Sixers, agent Mark Bartelstein tells Y!
http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

Dat dere bench depth

gotrice33
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
nick young, lou williams, evan turner... evan turner had a breakout season imo last season and lou williams was the scoring leader on that team, why bring in nick young?

Future24
07-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Nick Young is a good player...he's just immature at times. He always went off on the Lakers when he was a Wizard. Thought he had a lot of potential, hopefully he lives up to it.

Reptarr
07-06-2012, 09:03 AM
nick young, lou williams, evan turner... evan turner had a breakout season imo last season and lou williams was the scoring leader on that team, why bring in nick young?

Lou's a FA ...they're letting him go.

Also Brand got amnestied or will be I should say. Sad to see him go

GetBigyo
07-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Needs to be on a team with vets or it's chuck fest.

I though Boston would have been the perfect fit for him.

Backus21
07-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Lou's a FA ...they're letting him go.

Also Brand got amnestied or will be I should say. Sad to see him go

This. Plus Iggy is on the block again...surprise lol and Young is another player that can play the 2 and the 3. It's only a one year deal too. Compare that to some of the other deals this offseason and it's a pretty solid pickup

JrM703
07-06-2012, 09:10 AM
The 76ers fans will love the lack of defense he plays.

PhiGreens
07-06-2012, 09:40 AM
brand also amnestied. hopefully that means iggy or thad are traded for a big

Lou just announced on his twitter he isnt coming back. nice.

Future24
07-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Wish the Bulls got him.

But the Bulls would rather do nothing and suck for the next 10 years and waste Rose's talent.

AlexMorgan
07-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Nick Young is good but I'd rather have Lou Williams and like people have already said on this thread he most likely isn't going to be in Philly next year.

Tony_S
07-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Wish the Bulls got him.

But the Bulls would rather do nothing and suck for the next 10 years and waste Rose's talent.

rose is going to be garbage now after his ACL tear. hate to say it cuz i love him but it's true.

Future24
07-06-2012, 12:10 PM
rose is going to be garbage now after his ACL tear. hate to say it cuz i love him but it's true.I think he can come back and be fine. With medicine today its definitely possible. Look at Adrian Peterson. Dude's almost back after a couple of months and he'll probably be the same player. Thing with Rose is he's a bitch so he might play scared.

InnerThighChafe
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
rose is going to be garbage now after his ACL tear. hate to say it cuz i love him but it's true.lol no, he'll come back and be fine. He might be a bit sluggish from the start, but by mid season he'll be back to himself.

Wu-Massacre
07-06-2012, 12:23 PM
76ers bring in Nick Young while Lou Williams and Elton Brand are out. Every team in the east is getting worse

nastynate87
07-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Sixers are rumored to be interested in Ersan Ilyasova

kengriffeyjr
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Thing with Rose is he's a bitch so he might play scared.

wut.

NewYorkGiants
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Looks like a good pickup to replace Lou. He has 6 inches on Lou as well. As far as playing bad defense, well Lou couldn't cover anyone anyway so it can't be that much of a drop off.

I think Iggy/Lou were feuding after Iggy said Lou "can't cover anyone" in an interview with SI, lol.

FlaFlaFlooey
07-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Brand got amnestied, I doubt anybody will pick him up at his current salary.

inb4 Elton Brand signs with Lakers for vet minimum.

Masstastic
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
lol no, he'll come back and be fine. He might be a bit sluggish from the start, but by mid season he'll be back to himself.

If he comes back as the "same player" then this injury is just a pre-cursor to future knee injuries as he gets older.

You can't play the way he does constantly attacking the basket without shortening your career.

He needs to come back with a better grip on how to run an offense as a PG and trust his jumpshot far more.

Tony_S
07-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I think he can come back and be fine. With medicine today its definitely possible. Look at Adrian Peterson. Dude's almost back after a couple of months and he'll probably be the same player. Thing with Rose is he's a bitch so he might play scared.

lol no, he'll come back and be fine. He might be a bit sluggish from the start, but by mid season he'll be back to himself.

hope u guys are right

bn7
07-06-2012, 01:38 PM
76ers bring in Nick Young while Lou Williams and Elton Brand are out. Every team in the east is getting worseI'm going to guess you didn't watch many Sixers games this past year...

gswarrior510
07-06-2012, 01:51 PM
Sushi gonna Sushi

wtf is philly doing? where does Turner fit in with all this? They also need to start T. Young.

Reptarr
07-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Sushi gonna Sushi

wtf is philly doing? where does Turner fit in with all this? They also need to start T. Young.

I'm pretty sure Iggy is being traded.. and Turner takes his spot at the 3. If Iggy stays then idk wtf they're doing either cause atm they have no backup PG or SG

Masstastic
07-06-2012, 02:03 PM
Sushi gonna Sushi

Turner can slide over to SF at times when Sushi is on the floor.

Im guessing Thad will start at PF now if they don't get a PF back for Iggy.

FryDude
07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Brand got amnestied, I doubt anybody will pick him up at his current salary.

inb4 Elton Brand signs with Lakers for vet minimum.

the amnesty was stupid as **** unless there's a follow up trade. wasting an amnesty on a huge expiring contract, a player that's productive btw, at what cost? have they given up on their playoff hopes already?

PhiGreens
07-06-2012, 02:30 PM
the amnesty was stupid as **** unless there's a follow up trade. wasting an amnesty on a huge expiring contract, a player that's productive btw, at what cost? have they given up on their playoff hopes already?

Exactly why everyone expect Iggy Turner or Thad to be traded. That or sign someone like illyasova.. and I doubt brand would be of much use next season anyway.. he was useless in the playoffs.