PDA

View Full Version : Lean bulk gone bad with 2 days of binge eating, cut for 2 weeks or continue bulk?

zk90210
07-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm trying to limit fat gain and am gaining .5 lb per week for a total of 2 lbs per month...this past weekend, i binged for 2 days straight and might have gained 3-4 pounds or so...should i just continue bulking and the excess fat will take care of itself or should i cut for a couple weeks, get back to where i was before binges, and continue lean bulk then?

reps for helps.

WonderPug
07-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Is this the first time you've binged and, if not, how frequently does it happen?

zk90210
07-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Is this the first time you've binged and, if not, how frequently does it happen?

yes the first time i binged, my calories and macros are up to par with body needs/requirements

WonderPug
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Just move on and don't worry about it.

O1111
07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
In my opinion binging once in a blue moon isn't that harmful for you. Just think of it as that occasional big celebratory feast. If it continues to happen like more than once every...say 3 weeks, then you have a problem.

Just sit down for a little bit and think about it for a bit. Accept the fact that you binged, how bad it made you feel, and ask yourself: Do you really wanna feel this way again? is 30 minutes of pleasure worth the pain you feel afterwards?

zk90210
07-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Just move on and don't worry about it.

my face just looks puffy, just wanted to make sure i do the lean bulk smoothly but guess i goofed up, will the extra 3-4 lb take care of itself and once i finish the lean bulk, i can always go back to a few weeks of cut at the end right? i just hate goofing like this man :(

WonderPug
07-04-2012, 02:21 PM
It's mostly water. In a couple of days, you'll be pretty much back to where you were beforehand.

O1111
07-04-2012, 02:24 PM
Always know that you look worse to yourself than you actually do. Just think about it, before you even look in the mirror You believe there can be something "wrong" with the reflection, so you already expect there to be flaws So...you're brain is going to create them and exaggerate certain "flaws" because your mentality is shifted towards constantly making yourself look better, or seeing what can be fixed about yourself.

Just think about how ****ty you feel right now, how much you hate goofing, and next time you consider binging, remember how ****ty you feel right now. Don't try to not feel not ****ty. In fact, feel how bad you feel right now at its fullest so you can avoid it in the future.

zk90210
07-04-2012, 02:31 PM
It's mostly water. In a couple of days, you'll be pretty much back to where you were beforehand.
so my weight in sat morning (before i binged later on that day) was 170, after two days of binges my weight mon am was 177, but then since monday, couple days have passed and today's weight in, i weighted in at 174, so does this mean after h2o dropped, i gained 4 lbs total minus the .5lb per week, so basically i gained like 3.5 extra unneeded lbs that sucks...guess it wasn't totally all water then? any advice on this?

zk90210
07-04-2012, 03:23 PM
so my weight in sat morning (before i binged later on that day) was 170, after two days of binges my weight mon am was 177, but then since monday, couple days have passed and today's weight in, i weighted in at 174, so does this mean after h2o dropped, i gained 4 lbs total minus the .5lb per week, so basically i gained like 3.5 extra unneeded lbs that sucks...guess it wasn't totally all water then? any advice on this?

i hate to bump this bit i noticed after 150+ extra views, no additional responses...can anyone shed some light on the note i wrote (see above)...i appreciate it!

SayMilesAway
07-04-2012, 03:27 PM
i hate to bump this bit i noticed after 150+ extra views, no additional responses...can anyone shed some light on the note i wrote (see above)...i appreciate it!

Pug gave you the advice you asked for.

aaronuconn
07-04-2012, 03:30 PM
This.

If you really this concerned about 2 days of excess calories, then you may have a whole other issue going on.

You could eat at what ever you maintain on for 2 days. No need to cut for 2 weeks, though.

zk90210
07-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Yes i understand and i appreciate his guidance in that i should just move on and continue with the lean bulk however should i just not account for the extra 3.5 lbs addt'l total FAT gain which if i had done it right way this almost 4lb gain is supposed to be in a span of 2 months, not in just overfeeding of 2 days :(

can someone point me in the right arrow? i mean i can always cut back afterwards eh? i'd like to keep a lean face and slowly gain muscle throughout...

ThousandEyes
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM

Pretty much this...there isn't anything else to add. As long as it's not a habit you're fine.

zk90210
07-04-2012, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=aaronuconn;910385623]You could eat at what ever you maintain on for 2 days. No need to cut for 2 weeks, though.[/QUOTE

can you elaborate this? what do you mean by this? so i have it right, you mean following the 2 cheat days (Sat and Sun), just eat at maintenance for Mon and Tues, then start eating at bulk calories?

AlwaysTryin
07-04-2012, 03:54 PM
can you elaborate this? what do you mean by this? so i have it right, you mean following the 2 cheat days (Sat and Sun), just eat at maintenance for Mon and Tues, then start eating at bulk calories?

Yes

Btw beware that IF causes some people to have overeating issues eventually as they don't feel satisfied on large meals and can't stop eating

Determined4000 has some good posts on this

WonderPug
07-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Have any of you tried IIF, which is a new forum of intermittent fasting called Inverted Intermittent Fasting. The protocol allows for eating during a 16 hour window (basically, when you're awake) and fasting during an 8 hour window (when you're sleeping). Meal timing and frequency are based on hunger.

I hear the results are magical.

zk90210
07-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Have any of you tried IIF, which is a new forum of intermittent fasting called Inverted Intermittent Fasting. The protocol allows for eating during a 16 hour window (basically, when you're awake) and fasting during an 8 hour window (when you're sleeping). Meal timing and frequency are based on hunger.

I hear the results are magical.

LMAO! Great spin on Martin's Leangains haha but i see you are being sarcastic.

PS i was never on IF, where did i mention on here that I am doing IF?

WonderPug
07-04-2012, 04:03 PM
PS i was never on IF, where did i mention on here that I am doing IF?I was responding to AlwaysTryin's post.