PDA

View Full Version : Beginning with supplements - help!

ruschaml
07-02-2012, 06:41 PM
I've been trying to get back in the game with working out and wanted some help with supplements. I currently take omni-women multivitamins and gold standard whey protein. I'm not a fan of pre workouts because of high blood pressure in my genetics, but am curious about BCAAs. Any thoughts? Are they worth it? I'm looking for a starter stack that's not too complicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

gashcader
07-02-2012, 07:14 PM
I've been trying to get back in the game with working out and wanted some help with supplements. I currently take omni-women multivitamins and gold standard whey protein. I'm not a fan of pre workouts because of high blood pressure in my genetics, but am curious about BCAAs. Any thoughts? Are they worth it? I'm looking for a starter stack that's not too complicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

it wouldn't hurt, unnecessary if your diet has enough protein though.

Murr1525
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM

Yeah... fish oil, creatine... those would come to mind first. Even creatine isnt that big of a deal, if you are more on the exercising side of things.

ruschaml
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM

I know they help fight catabolism, so that would make sense. But is that basically all they're good for?

AjsGuns
07-02-2012, 07:22 PM

Multi
Fish Oil
Creatine (its fine for girls)
Whey Protein

BCAAs are only worth it if your doing 2hours+ of cardio.

gashcader
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
as others have mentioned fish oil would be a better choice. may benefit you even more with your genetic disposition towards high BP.

if your training fasted or doing long cardio sessions by all means buy a bcaa product. even if your not it wouldnt hurt you at all.

ruschaml
07-02-2012, 07:27 PM
as others have mentioned fish oil would be a better choice. may benefit you even more with your genetic disposition towards high BP.

if your training fasted or doing long cardio sessions by all means buy a bcaa product. even if your not it wouldnt hurt you at all.

I usually do 30 minutes of cardio three times a week or so. Fish oil does seem to be a trend. Thanks for the help guys! I'll throw some fish oil into the mix and think twice about the BCAAs. :)

AjsGuns
07-02-2012, 07:31 PM
I usually do 30 minutes of cardio three times a week or so. Fish oil does seem to be a trend. Thanks for the help guys! I'll throw some fish oil into the mix and think twice about the BCAAs. :)

30mins? Don't waste your money on BCAA's seriously.