PDA

View Full Version : hodge twins

pulses37
07-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm sure some of you have seen them on u tube or face book. What are your thoughts on these guys???

Diesel0022
07-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Village Idiots.

VicMackey92
07-02-2012, 09:36 AM
this guys talk too much

greekmanman
07-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Some of the biggest bros On YouTube lol

BigBray
07-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I watch their videos for the entertainment value, and to be honest i like the fact that their honest, and don't push dozens of supplements at their viewers.

drewman81
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
I watch them only for the entertainment. Definetly funny guys but the information can sometimes be questionable, seems like they jump from fad to fad.

gallagnm
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Hilarious people but i question some things they say. But hey you can do whatever the **** you wanna do right? :p

gashcader
07-02-2012, 10:02 AM
there dianabol smoothy vid was good. but its mostly all bro-science and telling people not to squat.

JimboSlice123
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
i love watching them, i dont agree with everything but their channel is for the "young bucks" as they said LOL, they are so funny, and i watch matt ogus he my boy

_Smitty_
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I believe the correct spelling is "Hodgkin's"...

Hodgkin's lymphoma, also known as Hodgkin lymphoma and previously known as Hodgkin's disease, is a type of lymphoma, which is a cancer originating from white blood cells called lymphocytes.

It was named after Thomas Hodgkin, who first described abnormalities in the lymph system in 1832.

Hodgkin's lymphoma is characterized by the orderly spread of disease from one lymph node group to another and by the development of systemic symptoms with advanced disease. When Hodgkins cells are examined microscopically, multinucleated Reed–Sternberg cells (RS cells) are the characteristic histopathologic finding.

Hodgkin's lymphoma may be treated with radiation therapy, chemotherapy, or hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, with the choice of treatment depending on the age and sex of the patient and the stage, bulk, and histological subtype of the disease. The disease occurrence shows two peaks: the first in young adulthood (age 15–35) and the second in those over 55 years old.

The overall 5-year relative survival for 2001-2007 from 17 SEER geographic areas was 83.9%. Since many patients are young, they often live 40 years or more after treatment. However, few studies follow patients as long as 25 years, and those studies are of older treatments with more life-threatening adverse effects. There is insufficient data available about the long-term outcomes of newer, less-toxic regimens and ones which limit radiation exposure. Radiation treatments, and some chemotherapy drugs, pose a risk of causing potentially fatal secondary cancers, heart disease, and lung disease 40 or more years later. Modern treatments greatly minimize the chances of these late effects.

Patients with a history of infectious mononucleosis due to Epstein-Barr virus may have an increased risk of HL, but the precise contribution of Epstein-Barr virus remains largely unknown.

GuiltyOfWinning
07-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Annoying. They look in their late 20s but behave like 12 year olds. no real information from them either

Corey_Ellis
07-02-2012, 10:16 AM
inb4 kr1kit

Geoforce
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Mildly entertaining the first few vids you watch, but doesn't grow on you. No real good information that I have ever seen, but a basic youtube time waster.

Also don't know what's up with all the sniffing. Like they just got done doing an unemployment line of cocaine before shooting these.

snorkelman
07-02-2012, 10:21 AM
OP, I think you got a pretty good response. These twins are entertaining, but I would not advise you follow any of their nutrition or supplement advice, as they seem to be limited to fitness supplement ads from the 1990's for their information source.

UKFORDY
07-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Great physiques, entertaining videos, decent advice.

UKFORDY
07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Annoying. They look in their late 20s but behave like 12 year olds. no real information from them either

They are actually 38-40, hope i look as good as them when i am that age.

lilbismygod
07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
funny as hell and great physiques.

Valhallabound86
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM

2/3

jcha94
07-02-2012, 10:42 AM
i've been making ALL KINDS OF GAINS taking their advice

rraawwss
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnT6dOgF674&feature=plcp, they look ripped as ****, inspiring to be honest

Corey_Ellis
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
i've been making ALL KINDS OF GAINS taking their adviceOh boy.

amiller745
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
there dianabol smoothy vid was good. but its mostly all bro-science and telling people not to squat.

Actaully they say squats are the best leg exercise.

AJP1
07-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I like they don't push sups, they entertain a bit too...

Medtreker
07-02-2012, 11:39 AM
......You lookin to put on some Real Muscle?? Good man, Real good...

........Man Get Out The Way!!!

very entertaining, not so bad bro-science advice.

lucia316
07-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Village Idiots.

This is being generous.

musclemermao
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM
they are funny lol.. some bad advices 5,10% of them, but anyway..

for newbies is pretty good channel and most important about them IMO: no supp BS and selling themselves for some garbage company

NO HYPE
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
i like the fact that their honest

rofl @ 'honest' --> as if honesty matters in the face of spreading misinformation

The Hodge-queers are true interznet sensations, but their about as dumb as a box o' rocks, and know nothing in terms of supplements.

naturalguy
07-02-2012, 12:24 PM
rofl @ 'honest' --> as if honesty matters in the face of spreading misinformation

The Hodge-queers are true interznet sensations, but their about as dumb as a box o' rocks, and know nothing in terms of supplements.

Nowadays anyone with a youtube account can be an internet expert :p

Nailbomb9
07-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Annoying morons. Couldn't make it past 1 minute of the ONLY video of them I watched....

Cinderblock
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
They have better physiques than 99% of the people who feel like criticizing them. That is all.

If the twins get you butthurt, you can always listen to Jimmy Struthers down the street, it's just advice man.

Valhallabound86
07-02-2012, 12:47 PM
They have better physiques than 99% of the people who feel like criticizing them. That is all.

=/= Knowledge.

Cinderblock
07-02-2012, 12:52 PM
=/= Knowledge.They've never claimed to be scholars. They offer advice through experience and have the physiques to prove it, while trying to have a sense of humor at the same time, that's pretty much their goal.

NO HYPE
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
If the twins get you butthurt

rofl --> I don't think I even have the audacity to actually sit through more than 5-minutes of that trash.

it's just advice man.

Yeah --> lame-ass, ****ty advice

Valhallabound86
07-02-2012, 12:55 PM
They've never claimed to be scholars. They offer advice through experience and have the physiques to prove it, while trying to have a sense of humor at the same time, that's pretty much their goal.

And I'm fine with that. But you can't take their advice as fact based on the physique. That would be the same as me buying every ab machine on late night TV because those dudes are ripped.

It's fine for entertainment value, not for in depth supplemental knowledge. That's all I'm drivin' at.

deejelkins
07-02-2012, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnT6dOgF674&feature=plcp, they look ripped as ****, inspiring to be honest

U look like a fkin avatar man..... Yea

Yea

Yea

Wtf

Cinderblock
07-02-2012, 01:07 PM
And I'm fine with that. But you can't take their advice as fact based on the physique. That would be the same as me buying every ab machine on late night TV because those dudes are ripped.

It's fine for entertainment value, not for in depth supplemental knowledge. That's all I'm drivin' at.They're giving advice through experience like I just said above, not physique. The only reason I even mentioned physique is to let you know that they back up what they say with results and they're not marketing anything. The whole reason they started making videos in the first place was because they're against people wasting money on crap they see on late night TV or in magazines, as you stated above. Then you categorized the twins in the same group that they're against which is ironic.

It would be easy to misinterpret them if you don't watch their videos so, I understand what you mean.

kingskipper
07-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I believe they ripped the Stronglifts workout which for me goes to show they don't know what their talking about (at least in that video) because A LOT of people have achieved their goals through that program and I've been getting really good results using it too.

essfjay
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
i like their videos simply because they are entertaining. i think people seem to miss that most of the time when talking about them. that intro they do the little catch phrases they have is all entertainment. as far as their advice they give i think it's very useful for people who are beginners & looking for help & tips in health & nutrition. overall if you have any common sense you can tell when they are messing around & when they are really trying to give useful advice. now a days though i will just click their videos for a good laugh.

KosanFalcon
07-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Sum up: Great source of entertainment, poor source of advice. Some things they say are true, but it's generally not something you're hearing for the first time.

If it is, then before BELIEVING advice from TMW (or any other source, obvi) without doing some research first is just plain dumb. Don't look for a single source of info, just gather as much as possible and sort through it.

JmanTheJuiceman
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM

If the twins get you butthurt, you can always listen to Jimmy Struthers down the street, it's just advice man.

Ahahahaha good ol' Jimmy Struthers... Always butthurt.

At least they're not selling s*** ...

Southerncali805
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Guys are ****ing idiots, talking about cardio (running) burns muscle. Also that whey protein is useless... Don't get me wrong some of thier advice is legit and SOME videos are good and informational but they have a lot of misguided information too

NO HYPE
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM

dx9KpwVe8uk

Kingthumper
07-02-2012, 02:37 PM
This. They are far from idiots, especially if you include the vast majority of users of this site in with that group. They have some good advice, bad advice, bro science advice, etc.... It's there advice, it works for them. They try different things, some works for them, others don't. They don't pitch a bunch of supplements and must haves either. They are entertaining and simply record short videos of what they are currently doing and responding to viewers questions. I love these guys, they crack me up man.

powercage
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
I do the opposite of everything they say and make insane gains.

sdfan13
07-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I've got TONS of guys at my gym who have great physiques. They lift heavy (like 3 hours/day), eat clean (whatever the heck that means), and supplement with ph's/aas almost year round.

It's these same guys who say to only eat chicken breast, brown rice, oats, and whey protein isolate.

Moral of the story: a great physique is admirable, but is it synonomous for knowledge? No.

NO HYPE
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
They are far from idiots

rofl.... inb4grapejuice.jpg

I-L95jca7go

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/negged/grand/2872755.gif

Corey_Ellis
07-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Fanboys ITT

trojan2k8
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I feel some of what they say is good advice and they are quite funny aswell.

However... (this is a big however) they also say they like to call deadlifts "snaplifts" or something along those lines, the only reason they can't deadlift is because of a back issue, they can't advise people on something they don't do.

Joe D
07-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Dumb and dumber

jxm26
07-02-2012, 03:15 PM
forget anything the hodge twins have said...search mattyfusaro and flexforall2 on YouTube