PDA

View Full Version : Q: What is this ActiNOS stuff and is it safe?

MotherOfGod
06-28-2012, 11:38 PM
Since protein recently turned into crack prices I've been looking into alternatives. Holy jesus did I find one:

http://www.iammutant.com/products/mutantwhey.php

It's got 5 different kinds of whey in it for a sustained release plus it is literally 50% of the price of other protein. Awesome. This Mutant whey has something called ActiNOS in it - because I do not trust corporations to put my best health at heart I'm always very careful to read and research.

ActiNOS®: Hydrolyzed Whey Protein Bio-Active Peptide Isolate; Patent Pending whey peptides that absorb fast and stimulate NOS (nitric oxide synthase) by up 950%, increasing blood flow and pump, while delivering more BCAAs to rebuild muscle.

Despite my efforts I have literally no idea what that means. I have a master's degree but it sure as hell isn't in biology so the amount of knowledge I can gather from journals is very limited in this situation. If anyone can help me decipher this or has seen any studies I'd really appreciate it if you could help a bro out.

Thank you very much!

Edit: Just to be very clear, I posted this in the supp-science forum because I'm interested in the science behind the supplement. +950% NOS = ?? Does that impact your heart? etc etc.

NO HYPE
06-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Patent Pending whey peptides that absorb fast and stimulate NOS (nitric oxide synthase) by up 950%, increasing blood flow and pump, while delivering more BCAAs to rebuild muscle

Load o' ****, just like NOSPEP.

*brb.... making absurd claims based on unpublished/in vitro research*

MotherOfGod
06-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Load o' ****, just like NOSPEP.

*brb.... making absurd claims based on unpublished/in vitro research*

To be honest this is what I suspect. This is actually fantastic, I don't want it to do anything.