PDA

View Full Version : whats the Best yet healthiest mass gainer to take???

Gomez20
06-28-2012, 10:30 PM
im currently 5'10 184 and trying to build some mass as i work on my speed. Im working toward a college scholarship and feel the need to get to about 200-210 pnds. I need something good that can get me there however with diabetes im careful on carbs. Any suggestions?

mtpaquette
06-28-2012, 10:34 PM
All mass gainers are is a protein shake with a bunch of added carbs (usually maltodextrin or similar carb). Make your own if you're having problem getting your calories in.

Gomez20
06-28-2012, 10:35 PM
All mass gainers are is a protein shake with a bunch of added carbs (usually maltodextrin or similar carb). Make your own if you're having problem getting your calories in.

what do you suggest i use in making my own shake?

mtpaquette
06-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Protein, milk, oats, peanut butter, olive oil or whatever you want. It's easier to control your macros then. Mass gainers are just high calorie shakes to help throw you into a surplus. They don't actually cause you to gain mass.

BigBoLuke93
06-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Protein, milk, oats, peanut butter, olive oil or whatever you want. It's easier to control your macros then. Mass gainers are just high calorie shakes to help throw you into a surplus. They don't actually cause you to gain mass.

This

Protein, oats, PB, fruit, honey, milk, etc.. in a blender.

feedbag
06-28-2012, 11:18 PM
im currently 5'10 184 and trying to build some mass as i work on my speed. Im working toward a college scholarship and feel the need to get to about 200-210 pnds. I need something good that can get me there however with diabetes im careful on carbs. Any suggestions?

I make my own mass gainer protein shake:

1 packet organic oatmeal plain (0g sugar)
1.5 scoops whey isolate (0g sugar, 0g carbs)
2 whole raw organic eggs
2 tbsp oil (olive, or flax or ODO oil)
mix with a small amount of water

You will get around 62g protein, 765 calories, 0g sugar, 37g carbs from oatmeal.

Cheap, healthy and easy to make.

Peanut butter is fine but have it once in a while because it's not an ideal source of protein and you will get fat if you eat too much of it.

theguitarman128
06-28-2012, 11:27 PM
If you don't want to make your own use up your mass. Carbs are from oats. Otherwise make it. Personally up your mass is more convenient and worth it to me.

BigBoLuke93
06-28-2012, 11:30 PM
I make my own mass gainer protein shake:

1 packet organic oatmeal plain (0g sugar)
1.5 scoops whey isolate (0g sugar, 0g carbs)
2 whole raw organic eggs
2 tbsp oil (olive, or flax or ODO oil)
mix with a small amount of water

You will get around 62g protein, 765 calories, 0g sugar, 37g carbs from oatmeal.

Cheap, healthy and easy to make.

Peanut butter is fine but have it once in a while because it's not an ideal source of protein and you will get fat if you eat too much of it.

What? No. That is false

Peanut Butter does not make you fat. Too high of a surplus of calories for a long period of time makes you fat. This could come from anything you eat.

Please do not spread this false information. Peanut Butter is a great, healthy option

kongking20
06-28-2012, 11:41 PM
Make your own, if you really want a mass gainer supplement then MHP Up Your Mass or Scivation Mass Gainer. Both have low GI carb sources.