PDA

View Full Version : which supplements for a newbie

midnightmover
06-28-2012, 07:26 PM
i have always been pretty athletic but never really into bodybuilding. lately i have been doing a lot of calistenics, crossfit, and interval training. my goal is to lose body fat and build lean muscle (just like everyone else, right?). what the hell should i be taking? whey, hemodialators, glutamine, ph"s??? help

Airborne42
06-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Def not ph's you are far from ready for that game. All you need is a proper diet and training regimen with quality sleep. If anything get a pwo to give you that extra boost. Protein you can get from food and creatine you can give a go

Murr1525
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
A protein shake after exercise always makes me feel better.

Vitamins and fish oil are good.

Other than that, not much really. Creatine is up to you. But if just exercising, might not really matter. If you are taking exercises, etc to failure, then it can help you get in some extra reps.

TannerFlom
06-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Stick to the basics. Like most people said go with a Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Protein, and Creatine. Thats all anyone really needs. Maybe throw in a preworkout supplement but it's not really necessary.

MMMKAYMAN1769
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
Multivitamin, fish oil, BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, protein. You will be fine. http://youarestepone.com/images/34/c/wink.gif

JDMVYTOE
06-28-2012, 09:37 PM
First off, how old are you?; if you're in the younger category you really dont need all that. Something I learned just stick to the basic like said above. Plus hard work.

woolegend21
06-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Stick to the basics. Like most people said go with a Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Protein, and Creatine. Thats all anyone really needs. Maybe throw in a preworkout supplement but it's not really necessary.

Multivitamin, fish oil, BCAA's, glutamine, creatine, protein. You will be fine. http://youarestepone.com/images/34/c/wink.gif

Yup just listen to these guys that is the basics right there. Also make sure to have a good diet and sleep is crucial in your lifts (believe it or not).

GuiltyOfWinning
06-28-2012, 10:43 PM
PROTEIN : Myofusion/ON whey
MULTI : Orange Triad/Anavite
PRE-WORKOUT : C4/Assault
FISH OIL : Find best deal

That should set you on the right path

NoFatPat
06-28-2012, 10:52 PM
i have always been pretty athletic but never really into bodybuilding. lately i have been doing a lot of calistenics, crossfit, and interval training. my goal is to lose body fat and build lean muscle (just like everyone else, right?). what the hell should i be taking? whey, hemodialators, glutamine, ph"s??? help

Stick to basics, like everyone be sayin'.

Whey or maybe some other complete protein
Fish oil (try to find the ones that list the amount of EPA and DHA)
Vitamin D capsule (unless you live in a sunny as hell place, are outdoors a lot, and wear no sunscreen)
Creatine (mono is fine, GreenMag, creatine nitrate/orotate better, CEE and Kre-Alkalyn are trash)
Multivitamin is iffy unless you breakin' out the money to get a high quality capsule version. Even then I personally don't recommend em, but they won't hurt ya.