PDA

View Full Version : Agmatine Dosing > 1g

aaronuconn
06-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Has anyone tried dosing greater than a gram? I'm not talking in one sitting (although if you have, I wouldn't mind hearing your impressions), but more of something along the lines of 750mg preworkout, 750mg pre-bed. Or 1g in the AM, 500mg preworkout.. etc, etc. I don't need to map out every possibility.

Any insight from some goodbro's would be great.

LovePollution
06-28-2012, 04:21 PM
I have taken 5 pills in one sitting (1250mg) pre workout and then 4 later on in the evening and it did absolutely nothing for me. Nothing at all. The reason for trying that amount in the first place was because the 'recommended' dosage did nothing. Of course, this is going to be different for everyone though.

or_yourlivingtodie
06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
lately ive been doing 1.5-2g first thing waking up in the morning on an empty stomach, then 500-750mg from hemavol later on pre

olyrackcurls
06-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Didn't see any added benefit over a gram I stick with .5 to 1 gram.

Curious though I have been hearing a lot of concerns over Agmatine having negative effects now recently. What is the verdict on this cause SNS touts it as an incredible ingredient with tons of benefits from increased NO, neuroprotective, antioxidant, improved insulin response, release of pituitary hormones, ect.

I have always enjoyed it personally but it has come under some scrutiny as of late. Smart bros chime in.

antihero
06-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Has anyone tried dosing greater than a gram? I'm not talking in one sitting (although if you have, I wouldn't mind hearing your impressions), but more of something along the lines of 750mg preworkout, 750mg pre-bed. Or 1g in the AM, 500mg preworkout.. etc, etc. I don't need to map out every possibility.

Any insight from some goodbro's would be great.

I've heard of a few people trying it, and I have as well. There seems to be a point of diminished returns when dosing above 1g at a time from anecdotal evidence.

aaronuconn
06-28-2012, 05:33 PM
I've heard of a few people trying it, and I have as well. There seems to be a point of diminished returns when dosing above 1g at a time from anecdotal evidence.
That's what I was mostly concerned about.

And the safety in regards to Agmatine inhibiting NMDA receptors.

I should probably be more concerned with the second one. :p