weight: 175
Body fat: 10

Current supplements:

Whey iso
creatine mono
OxyElite pro
multi vitamin
Fish oil.

I'm on a low calorie diet right now (1200-1500)

I would like to know if there is anything else i could be doing to help reach this goal. I have already dropped 35lbs since February and now this last 10 seem to be hard. I have also noticed that my muscle mass seems to be dropping. Arms don't feel line they used to. I hit the gym about 4 times a week. All advise would be great. Thanks again everyone.

NoFatPat
06-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Seems fine to me. Just keep it up, make sure the diet stays clean, and include moderate-high intensity cardio in your workouts.

drdave142
06-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Seems fine to me. Just keep it up, make sure the diet stays clean, and include moderate-high intensity cardio in your workouts.

With my workouts, should I be increasing weight to build my muscle back or just worry about the cut first then bulk?

rtpurdum
06-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Focus on one thing at a time. Drop the fat and then worry about adding the muscle.

drdave142
06-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Focus on one thing at a time. Drop the fat and then worry about adding the muscle.

Anything I can do to not lose the muscle I already have?

NoFatPat
06-28-2012, 02:51 PM
With my workouts, should I be increasing weight to build my muscle back or just worry about the cut first then bulk?

If losing fat is your main goal right now, I would focus on the cardio first. If you have energy and feel like it, go ahead and hit the weights for a little bit after the cardio to at least help maintain strength. Don't look to be building muscle or strength while trying to lose the fat though. It's possible, but very difficult and frustrating.

Igmann
06-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Anything I can do to not lose the muscle I already have?

Increase calories and lift heavy. 1200-1500 calories is way too low, especially for your height/weight.

If losing fat is your main goal right now, I would focus on the cardio first. If you have energy and feel like it, go ahead and hit the weights for a little bit after the cardio to at least help maintain strength. Don't look to be building muscle or strength while trying to lose the fat though. It's possible, but very difficult and frustrating.

You don't have to do cardio. Cardio + low calorie diet is a very easy way to burn muscle in a short period of time.

@ 1200 calories + cardio, your net calories are at 800 - 900 a day. One hell of a way to kick your metabolism in the balls and lose muscle/strength.

NoFatPat
06-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Increase calories and lift heavy. 1200-1500 calories is way too low, especially for your height/weight.

You don't have to do cardio. Cardio + low calorie diet is a very easy way to burn muscle in a short period of time.

@ 1200 calories + cardio, your net calories are at 800 - 900 a day. One hell of a way to kick your metabolism in the balls and lose muscle/strength.

Good point on the calories. I would still recommend cardio, but with an increased calorie intake, because diet alone isn't going to burn fat away, and heavy lifting doesn't burn nearly the amount he's probably looking for.

drdave142
06-28-2012, 03:00 PM

No one likes ball kicking! Right now I'm doing high protein and very low carbs, would you recommend the same just more calories?

drdave142
06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Bump

NoFatPat
06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
No one likes ball kicking! Right now I'm doing high protein and very low carbs, would you recommend the same just more calories?

He raises a good point on the calories. Bump up the intake to about 1800-1900 with some moderate-intensity cardio, with your diet about the same as it is now (long as it's a clean diet).

Edit: Look up a calorie calculator actually. Find out about roughly what it is your body needs for maintenance, and drop that by about 250-500 calories. It's a possibility that you could actually be going too low with calories, which can make the body -hold onto- the fat your body has.

drdave142
06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
He raises a good point on the calories. Bump up the intake to about 1800-1900 with some moderate-intensity cardio, with your diet about the same as it is now (long as it's a clean diet).

Edit: Look up a calorie calculator actually. Find out about roughly what it is your body needs for maintenance, and drop that by about 250-500 calories. It's a possibility that you could actually be going too low with calories, which can make the body -hold onto- the fat your body has.

I'll take a look at the calculator. You keep mentioning a "clean" diet, what are you mainly referring to? I know I can't just eat 1800 calories of bacon, I was just asking for some examples.

Overall thanks for all the help from both of you. I can't argue with more food and heavy weight, everyone likes those.

NoFatPat
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
I'll take a look at the calculator. You keep mentioning a "clean" diet, what are you mainly referring to? I know I can't just eat 1800 calories of bacon, I was just asking for some examples.

Overall thanks for all the help from both of you. I can't argue with more food and heavy weight, everyone likes those.

It seems like you know what you're doing in terms of eating the right foods, so it's really just a friendly reminder to keep doing so :). Include fresh or frozen fruits n veggies, avoid super processed food, stuff like that. Y'know, the stuff everyone -knows- to do, but most find hard to do, lol.

drdave142
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
It seems like you know what you're doing in terms of eating the right foods, so it's really just a friendly reminder to keep doing so :). Include fresh or frozen fruits n veggies, avoid super processed food, stuff like that. Y'know, the stuff everyone -knows- to do, but most find hard to do, lol.

10-4 that sounds like what in doing. Although, 1800 cal of bacon does sound fantastic!

Igmann
06-28-2012, 03:59 PM

Low carbs = overrated IMO

A calorie's a calorie...It doesn't matter what the source is. As long as you're eating below your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure), you're losing weight. But if you go too low, your metabolism does slow down. So there's no need to keep carbs low and protein high. But I'd bump your calories up to at least 1800-2000, if not more depending on your daily activity.

My current macros at 200LBS:
2200 calories 275grams of carbs 75 grams of fat 110 grams of protein
Give or take 100 calories

I'm leaner than my avi right now @ the above macros.

I've done low calorie diets..they only work when you have excess fat to begin with (greater than 12%) and once you've gotten lean enough, your metabolism slows down to make up for the calorie restriction.

Good point on the calories. I would still recommend cardio, but with an increased calorie intake, because diet alone isn't going to burn fat away, and heavy lifting doesn't burn nearly the amount he's probably looking for.

Diet alone can burn the fat away if you're eating below your TDEE. Cardio/exercise is not necessary to burn fat. The only thing that is necessary is a caloric deficit.

NoFatPat
06-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Diet alone can burn the fat away if you're eating below your TDEE. Cardio/exercise is not necessary to burn fat. The only thing that is necessary is a caloric deficit.

True, but combining the effects of both is one of those deals in which the sum is greater than the whole of its parts.

drdave142
06-28-2012, 04:12 PM
True, but combining the effects of both is one of those deals in which the sum is greater than the whole of its parts.

I need to hit that calculator and work up a plan. All info has been great. Thanks.

I just noticed that my profile showed me at 66" . Ha I wish! I'm 56". Thanks again.

drdave142
06-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Will a test booster aid in what I am trying to do? If so, any suggestions.