PDA

View Full Version : Just gettig started

Bran2012
06-28-2012, 01:37 AM
I will have lots of questions along the way, but 1st is how do I prevent excess skin with rapid weight loss?

sakofan
06-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I will have lots of questions along the way, but 1st is how do I prevent excess skin with rapid weight loss?

Easy. Loose weight slowly. Don't try to go on a massive caloric deficit - too exteme a cut will give you the loose skin problem. You'll need to determine what your calorie intake / expendature is as a starting point. A lot of it is trial and error, but avoid extemes.

dnb
06-28-2012, 10:13 PM

Go to www.fat2fitradio.com and work your way thru their caloric calculators based upon your daily cloric expenditures. Put yourself ona slightly negative caloric diet, and do not try to lose more than 1-2 lbs a week.

MoldyGopher
06-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Easy. Loose weight slowly. Don't try to go on a massive caloric deficit - too exteme a cut will give you the loose skin problem. You'll need to determine what your calorie intake / expendature is as a starting point. A lot of it is trial and error, but avoid extemes.

There's really nothing you can do about the skin unless you have a time machine - losing weight slowly is just going to discourage some people. Que sera sera. It's more important to get weight down, the positives far outweigh the skin.

Bran2012
06-29-2012, 11:59 AM

Thanks for the info. I' ll do my best to control accordingly.

Bran2012
06-29-2012, 12:03 PM
There's really nothing you can do about the skin unless you have a time machine - losing weight slowly is just going to discourage some people. Que sera sera. It's more important to get weight down, the positives far outweigh the skin.

Thanks for for the info. Stay positive and work hard.