PDA

View Full Version : Right supplements

Wilsonne1
06-27-2012, 09:57 PM
I wanted to get some advice about my diet and supplement intake. I take 2 krealkalyn creatine tablets in the morning with my oatmeal and eggs. I have a quest bar midmorning snack or a protein shake with BCAA's and LGlutamine combination. For lunch I have either turkey chili or a turkey sandwich or a salad with chicken breast. I have a mid afternoon quest protein bar or a protein shake with BCAA's and LGlutamine. I leave work and immediately take GAT and HemaNOvol then hit the gym hard for 2 HOURS. Immediately after my work out I have a protein shake with Concrete creatine andand BCAA's and LGlutamine and add then eat Turkey Chili for dinner. I drink water all day. What else can I do to keep lean solid muscle and get rid of the spare tire??? Please help

eatyourspinach
06-28-2012, 04:49 AM
Glutamine is debatable in terms of effectiveness so may or may not be worth it, Kre-alkalyn isn't really proven to be any more effective than regular creatine monohydrate, the first step in all of this is to get your diet in check before supplementation. Diet is way more important in terms of muscle gain/weight loss.

rtpurdum
06-28-2012, 05:08 AM
I would stick to Creatine Mono rather than Kre-alkalyn there really are not added benefits for the extra cost. Also as stated above I would definitely focus on your diet, muscles are made in the kitchen rather than the gym. Good diet and rest are going to benefit you the most.

Edwardballow
06-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Glutamine is controversial with regards to efficiency so may or may not be worth it, Kre-alkalyn isn't really confirmed to be any more effective than frequent creatine monohydrate monohydrate, the first step in all of this is to get your daily eating plan in check before supplements. Weight-loss way more important with regards to muscle gain/weight loss.

Valhallabound86
06-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Glutamine is controversial with regards to efficiency so may or may not be worth it

There's really no controversy in terms of enhancing recovery, it's proven ineffective. Only minor area it aids in is immune support, but it's largely unnecessary for a healthy individual.

@OP: ensure your macros are correct for the day, and that your calories are at a fixed level consistently (other than the occasional cheat day). Ensure your protein is around 1g/lbs lean body weight, and maintain a hypocaloric environment. You'll see that spare tire go.

Also, 2h in the gym may be a bit excessive, unless ~1h of that is cardio. Simplify your routine and ensure your main focus is compound exercises, the accessories are fine to do at times, but the concentration should be on the aforementioned motions.

eatyourspinach
06-28-2012, 05:22 AM
Glutamine is controversial with regards to efficiency so may or may not be worth it, Kre-alkalyn isn't really confirmed to be any more effective than frequent creatine monohydrate monohydrate, the first step in all of this is to get your daily eating plan in check before supplements. Weight-loss way more important with regards to muscle gain/weight loss.

thank you for re-stating my post in your own words lol.

Wilsonne1
06-28-2012, 10:00 AM
I appreciate everyone's input. I am not taking in alot of calories and i dont cheat on my strictyly protein diet except with an occasional piece of cheese in the turkey chili. I will condense my workout routine and add in more cardio. Is there anything else that you can think of to get rid of the spare tire and/or really start noticing results. A "game plan" so i can still keep lean muscle and decrease my body fat percentage. The goal is to look like im flexing without flexing for now until i am in the more intermediate to advanced training. I really kind of wing it in the gym, although i am killing the muscles. I try to switch it up, but i agree with you, Valhallabound86, about condensing/compounding my workouts, but I am unsure of what to truly concentrate on. Any help would be appreciative and thanks for teaching the "new" guy. I spend alot of money on supplements, with coupons, but i want to make a difference and not waste the advantages i could be gaining from the supplements, workouts, protein and diet.
Thanks,

Nick