PDA

View Full Version : Dam my genetics! is it time for supplements??

R1C0
06-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey guys
ive been lifting for probably around 5 years now, n gained serious results..
im 6'1-6'2 178-182 pounds and 21 years old
im also a certified personal trainer and currently studying nutrition, so i know what im talking about when im blaming my genetics.
i come from a family of little people who are mostly skinny and some are fat lol
now i know im gotting close to reaching my peak as far as test level and such (around the age of 26-28), but dam i feel like i just CANT GET ANT MORE SIZE!
my diet is great! i eat around 3-4 full meals a day plus 2 protein shakes and 1-2 more snacks. i eat it all, all day everyday
my workouts are great, i lift heavy and mix it up with high reps with lower weight.
ive always been against supplement use but the personal trainers industry is very competitive here in south florida
WHAT SHOULD I DO!??

Spork3245
06-27-2012, 07:31 PM
WHAT SHOULD I DO!??

What are your goals?

Big.Jazayrli
06-27-2012, 07:37 PM
if you aren't gaining any size or any fat then you aren't eating enough .. its pretty simple thermodynamics

davisj3537
06-27-2012, 08:23 PM
^Well said

Ecobb
06-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Hey guys
ive been lifting for probably around 5 years now, n gained serious results..
im 6'1-6'2 178-182 pounds and 21 years old
im also a certified personal trainer and currently studying nutrition, so i know what im talking about when im blaming my genetics.
i come from a family of little people who are mostly skinny and some are fat lol
now i know im gotting close to reaching my peak as far as test level and such (around the age of 26-28), but dam i feel like i just CANT GET ANT MORE SIZE!
my diet is great! i eat around 3-4 full meals a day plus 2 protein shakes and 1-2 more snacks. i eat it all, all day everyday
my workouts are great, i lift heavy and mix it up with high reps with lower weight.
ive always been against supplement use but the personal trainers industry is very competitive here in south florida
WHAT SHOULD I DO!??

LOL.
6'1 180lbs in no where close to a genetic maximum. Besides, any supplements necessary to take you beyond a genetic max can't be openly discussed here.

R1C0
06-29-2012, 07:10 AM
What are your goals?

hoping to gain another 10 solid pounds..id love to walk around around 190-195

R1C0
06-29-2012, 07:13 AM
if you aren't gaining any size or any fat then you aren't eating enough .. its pretty simple thermodynamics
ill gain some fat if my workouts arent as intense or if i dont watch wat i eat..obviously i can sit there n ear cookies all day n yes ill gain fat, but thts not the goal

bartosh
06-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Read all the stickies in the nutrition section. You'l learn a lot

jhouser
06-29-2012, 07:16 AM
Lol @ thread title and OP sig.

If you're looking to be anywhere under 200 lbs at 6'1" you can successfully do so, with or without supplementation. Your diet and training will have the largest effect on reaching your goals. Start tracking your nutrition and make sure you eat enough. Estimations can be way off an it's most likely you're undereating. There's no reason to be afraid of using supplements in the process, either, though. I don't quite understand the aversion to them.

primetime32
06-29-2012, 07:18 AM

pretty much this. If you aren't gaining, supplements won't make much of a difference. Eat more and you will gain.

Diesel0022
06-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Switch up your routine and eat more.

bodybuilder03
06-29-2012, 07:22 AM
You need to up the calories man...plain and simple. You should be getting at least 5-6 solid food meals and then you got you shake and post workout carbs. You should not gain much fat as long as you increase the proper foods.

Welby55
06-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Are you guys saying that if I wanted to get bigger and gain muscle all I gotta do is eat more food and workout? Lol damn you Creatine. I thought I could take it and sit on my arse all day. Thanks for the helps guys

nisog24
06-29-2012, 08:10 AM
if you aren't gaining any size or any fat then you aren't eating enough .. its pretty simple thermodynamicshttp://www.youvoid.info/funny22/M/P.jpg

That's right.

imagedynamix
06-29-2012, 08:24 AM
EAT! I thought I couldn't gain anything until I started eating like a boss. You're studying nutrition, you should understand caloric surplus.

I'm not 8% bf, but I'm way past 190lbs. Just eat!

R1C0
06-30-2012, 12:03 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys.. n ya i clearly know that food is the answer, but like i said i study nutrition n been a personal trainer for years.
i could up my calorie intake but i know i wont be able to keep the low bf, which is important to me. thats y i was considering supplementation..

Anthony21
06-30-2012, 12:18 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys.. n ya i clearly know that food is the answer, but like i said i study nutrition n been a personal trainer for years.
i could up my calorie intake but i know i wont be able to keep the low bf, which is important to me. thats y i was considering supplementation..

Sorry bro but I just have to laugh. You say you are studying nutrition and yet wondering why you aren't able to gain. With a bulk fat gains are bound to happen. You can approach it smartly and just slowly bulk or you can be an idiot and just bulk quickly which will need to unwanted fat gains. It's all depending on how you want to approach it. Stop worrying so much about your damn bf man. Sh!t like that is what holds people back. Stop blaming genetics. Sh!t I probably have worst genetics then you but it makes me work harder.

Welby55
06-30-2012, 01:07 PM
No offence man but for someone that is studying nutrition and has been a trainer for years that is one hell of a amateur question you asked. If you study nutrition then you should have known what the answer was going to be

KarD786
06-30-2012, 01:54 PM
This is why being a certified personal
Trainer don't mean sh**. No offense op but , but if you state your nutrition in x amount of meals instead of actual measured macro nutrients, you know squat about nutrition.

tryingtofocus
06-30-2012, 02:04 PM
No offence man but for someone that is studying nutrition and has been a trainer for years that is one hell of a amateur question you asked. If you study nutrition then you should have known what the answer was going to be

Strong this^^^^

Certified Personal Trainer and asking questions like this baffles me.....It is an easy question on top of it all that most people could answer. Come on dude...That and your sig, has to be trolling...