PDA

View Full Version : Egg/Whey/Casein Protein

cazca
06-27-2012, 06:28 PM
I seem to remember reading one of Alan Aragon's articles and somewhere in there it mentioned a combo protein shake of egg/whey/casein being superior to whey itself. I can't find it anymore though!

I wanted to make sure I wasn't just imaging this before I order a combo protein over what I normally order.

Can anyone help me locate this text? Or what do you think? is it superior?

JJinSS
06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
idk if its superior, but its just better to have a whole mix instead of just 1 type.

in general it doesn't matter. protein is protein. whether you only drink milk or only take whey shakes or only take casein shakes. in the end of the day its still Xg's of protein.

As long as you hit like 1-2% of your bodyweight daily your good. Alot of people thing oh wow i weight 200 lbs so i should eat like 300gs or protein... not necessarily. cuz 200lbs could just mean you have like 70lbs of fat... so u only need to eat like 130-230 g's of protein.

don't overthink it. if you got money, why not get what tastes better, get the variety pack, and take advantage of the little pluses a few bucks can get you.

i used to overthink it... but most of that overthinking was bro science... and the anxeity of getting big, either eat more or eat less. ( be smart... ) and just weight lift as always. Done fken deal.

ja3r3dr
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
It is called a protein blend. They have them all over the place, not just one brand.

Murr1525
06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
If you can mix your whey with a tall glass of milk, you are already getting a good blend.

Eating an egg along the way, or using a powder with some in is just up to you then.

travis5018
06-28-2012, 06:58 AM
ON makes a product called complete protein diet that they say has 6 protein sources in it......

but i doubt it really matters to growth.

nisog24
06-28-2012, 07:05 AM
http://www.youvoid.info/funny22/M/P.jpgIt is called a protein blend. They have them all over the place, not just one brand.

Agreed, I'd say just stick with regular protien.

Diesel0022
06-28-2012, 07:12 AM
Agreed, I'd say just stick with regular protien.

What is "regular protein"?