PDA

View Full Version : how effective are intra workouts

bigal14
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Hey all, I was considering taking an intra workout.
I donít take a pre workout, but my energy for my 1st 3 sets of exercises (eg bench press) is usually quite sufficient. I have a good pre workout carb source which is probably why.
Then when I move onto my next few exercises, I begin getting fatigued. I can lift less and less. For this reason, I was considering getting an intra workout.

I heard a lot of good stuff about intrabolic and if I got anything I would probably get that unless others recommended something better.
Anyway, I wanted to know from experience how people have gone with intrabolic or other intra workouts for that matter. Do they really give you the energy to keep lifting the same/more weight for longer periods during your workouts?

bigal14
06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
bumop

gallagnm
06-27-2012, 08:55 PM
why not just get a good pre workout w/ stims to make it last throughout the whole workout?

bigal14
06-27-2012, 09:41 PM
what's a good preworkout lasting through the whole workout

Anthony21
06-27-2012, 10:08 PM
what's a good preworkout lasting through the whole workout

Maximize Intense, White Flood, Ergopump NMT, Presurge Unleashed, Craze, Animal Rage, Shock Therapy, Novem are a couple that are all solid and great pre workouts.

R1balla
06-27-2012, 10:50 PM
I don’t take a pre workout, but my energy for my 1st 3 sets of exercises (eg bench press) is usually quite sufficient. I have a good pre workout carb source which is probably why.
Then when I move onto my next few exercises, I begin getting fatigued. I can lift less and less. For this reason, I was considering getting an intra workout.

I heard a lot of good stuff about intrabolic and if I got anything I would probably get that unless others recommended something better.
Anyway, I wanted to know from experience how people have gone with intrabolic or other intra workouts for that matter. Do they really give you the energy to keep lifting the same/more weight for longer periods during your workouts?

in my experiences, they are pointless....i just load up on BCAAs with my pre workout and go. i drink about 1/2 gallon of water during my workout. havent noticed a difference with that vs taking an intra

ATHLETIC EDGE NUTRITION
06-28-2012, 08:18 AM
I donít take a pre workout, but my energy for my 1st 3 sets of exercises (eg bench press) is usually quite sufficient. I have a good pre workout carb source which is probably why.

You may want to look into supplementing with creatine.

Regarding our Intra-workout supplement IntrAbolic, it's a powerful tool but some clarification is needed.

1. intra-workout amino-acids from IntrAbolic are NOT going to give you a burst of energy like a preWO supplement.
2. They will increase recovery between workouts, decrease muscle soreness and overall help you preserve and build muscle
3. As the beta-alanine starts to build up in a week or two, you will certainly notice less muscular fatigue, in particular as you get deeper into your workout.

Here is a collection of IntrAbolic user feedback- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111486511&highlight=Athletic+Edge+nutrition

indytrucks
06-28-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm fairly new to this so take this with a grain of salt. But I've been using the M5 as a pre-workout and it has been working great for me. Plus you can adjust how much of the stims you want in it. I prefer 2 scoops of the ignite, but that is the only stimulant I take during the day so it works out all right for me.

gallagnm
06-28-2012, 08:34 AM
Maximize Intense, White Flood, Ergopump NMT, Presurge Unleashed, Craze, Animal Rage, Shock Therapy, Novem are a couple that are all solid and great pre workouts.

agree, i feel your looking for a pre workout and creatine instead of an intra

E_P_C
06-28-2012, 08:34 AM
x2 Intrabolic

BCAAs, Beta Alanine, Hydrolyzed Whey, Electrolytes

Skigazzi
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM
In my opinion, If you eat a meal within 2 hours of a workout, and have a shake / meal after it, I never quite understood how the 'fast acting' amino's and super hydro wheys of the world made any difference. I mean, I have oats and whey in my gut, doing their thing, seems wasteful to throw these fast acting nutrients on top of a non-empty stomach.

I remember one time I was drinking my xtend intra workout, and I burped, and I tasted the lunch I had 7 hours prior...so that was still being processed by my gut, plus the pre-wo meal I had was down there...thats when I stopped using them, and never noticed any difference.

I do think they are useful in extreme cutting situations, and pre-contest though.

Simo90
06-28-2012, 09:39 AM
http://assets.bodybuilding.com/store/prodimage/prod_26426/image_26426_450_white.jpg

/Thread

Valhallabound86
06-28-2012, 10:23 AM
They are of more benefit to individuals in a hypocaloric environment, as opposed to those who are bulking or recomping (assuming fed state workouts).

If you're training fasted, then the BCAAs are beneficial pre/intra-workout. I usually like to have something to sip on during the workout, so I spend the cash on them. But it would be the first thing to go if I ever recomp/bulk.

llllern
06-28-2012, 10:30 AM
I personally like to use the intra workout supplements .In a nut shell They prime your system for recovery

yapallan2002
06-30-2012, 11:03 AM
I don’t take a pre workout, but my energy for my 1st 3 sets of exercises (eg bench press) is usually quite sufficient. I have a good pre workout carb source which is probably why.

I tried intra-workouts before.. I can say all of them are BS...
Water for me is good, I tried Gatorade and I think it's too much.. :D

Water is good, base on my experience.. :)

wasp9166
06-30-2012, 11:13 AM
I tried intra-workouts before.. I can say all of them are BS...
Water for me is good, I tried Gatorade and I think it's too much.. :D

Water is good, base on my experience.. :)

inrabolic bs? bah, it's the only one i use and will continue to do so till i'm dead

the effectiveness of anything, including food is based on how hard and how often you workout, so asking if a supp is effective is very broad if ya ask me

i know what's in intrabolic is effective, is it more effective if i take it before during or after? that's a matter of debate, personally, it's splitting hairs so i don't care

mmhn34
06-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Ice Plus is great. Stock up now before you can't find it anymore.

Anthony21
06-30-2012, 11:31 AM
In my opinion, If you eat a meal within 2 hours of a workout, and have a shake / meal after it, I never quite understood how the 'fast acting' amino's and super hydro wheys of the world made any difference. I mean, I have oats and whey in my gut, doing their thing, seems wasteful to throw these fast acting nutrients on top of a non-empty stomach.

I remember one time I was drinking my xtend intra workout, and I burped, and I tasted the lunch I had 7 hours prior...so that was still being processed by my gut, plus the pre-wo meal I had was down there...thats when I stopped using them, and never noticed any difference.

I do think they are useful in extreme cutting situations, and pre-contest though.

This is my take on Intra supplements as well. If you have the extra cash then give it a shot. IMO it's a luxury supplement.

OneSwoleBro
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Never cared for intra's, and it doesn't look like they're what you're looking for either. Start supplementing with Creatine and/or Beta-Alanine, get a good pre-workout meal ~2 hours beforehand. Maybe try to get a good pre-workout supp 30 minutes before workout.