PDA

View Full Version : Where do u buy ur ON 100% Whey for cheap price? (SRSLY) Id spend $100+/mo on jst whey

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I've been purchasing ON Whey 100% for awhile now but i have not been consistent in filling my protein macro req on daily basis.

As a result my ON whey lasts longer than it should, but now I intend on consuming ~124g of protein per day which == ~4 scoops (s.s of 30g each).

Problem is I'd finish my 2b one in ~8 days, or a 5LB in 18 days; does not even last a single month!

How do you guys afford this as in the US 5lb is $52 or18 days of supply, so a month's supply would be ~$90.

Here in canada it would be ~$140 just because of the shipping and etc associated fees (even when purchasing from a canadian online store).

Please do elaborate as to how you guys tackled this problem.

P.S. i know you can get your protein macro req from actual foods, such as chicken and etc but i consume the shakes for other reasons than just protein, like to emulate as my caffeine stimulus in the morning (moi despise coffee).

Bootuh
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
i know you can get your protein macro req from actual foods, such as chicken and etc but i consume the shakes for other reasons than just protein, like to emulate as my caffeine stimulus in the morning (despise coffee).

... so your excuse for not eating food is because you have a caffeine addiction? Sounds like you have some bigger problems to figure out first.

gwgtopshelf
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
get a better diet........ dont use the powder as your main source of protein...

814Saint
06-27-2012, 04:45 PM
get a better diet........ dont use the powder as your main source of protein...

It's that simple

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
... so your excuse for not eating food is because you have a caffeine addiction? Sounds like you have some bigger problems to figure out first.

No u misunderstood me. Obv i still consume healthy food incl. chicken, and other meats everyday, and etc. But to me protein shakes have become what coffee has to the average american in the morning =)

UncleWade
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
No u misunderstood me. Obv i still consume healthy food incl. chicken, and other meats everyday, and etc. But to me protein shakes have become what coffee has to the average american in the morning =)

This seems completely nonsensical to me.

Wake up, eat whole eggs - supplement protein sparingly, as needed.

Simple as that.

Bootuh
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM

I still don't understand. You're addicted to protein shakes? You honestly cant start your day unless you have a shake?

joregorn
06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
Do you even eat how much protein do you consume a day with 4 shakes and food like 400.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
It's that simple

Thanks, for the input. But could we shift to the mechanics of how other individuals are able to finance this, as i truly dont think that there alot of people that spend ~$100 or so on protein whey. But at the same time, i would postulate from what i've first hand experienced, many do indulge in consuming an excess of 4-5 servings a day.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Do you even eat how much protein do you consume a day with 4 shakes and food like 400.

Ah, my primary source of protein outside of whey is chicken and beef. Due to my geographical location and financial shortcomings as a student, it costs literally an arm and a leg to afford it for daily consumption (plus i can only eat a special brand of these meat due to religious observances, further inflating the total price for the purchase of meat)

joregorn
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Ive never met anyone or heard of anyone taking 4 shakes a day maybe you should eat food and save money there is no way to make it cheaper unless you buy in bulk aka 10lb bags.

Tuna is really cheap

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
I still don't understand. You're addicted to protein shakes? You honestly cant start your day unless you have a shake?

Brah in layman's terms, its my energy stimulant in the morning.

joregorn
06-27-2012, 05:06 PM
This is interesting

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM
Ive never met anyone or heard of anyone taking 4 shakes a day maybe you should eat food and save money there is no way to make it cheaper unless you buy in bulk aka 10lb bags.

Tuna is really cheap

I guess i had overlooked one simple factor, the number of servings i use in each shake. Its generally about 2 for about a ~700ml shake, but i guess i could reduce it.

And with respect to consumption of fish; im trying to get into that direction but growing up i've never been fond of the smell or taste of it.

Will work on those two aspects, thanks for input.

UncleWade
06-27-2012, 05:07 PM

I'm not trying to be asinine or flippant - but there's absolutely nothing in a whey protein shake that should directly stimulate an acute increase in energy levels.

joregorn
06-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm not trying to be asinine or flippant - but there's absolutely nothing in a whey protein shake that should directly stimulate an acute increase in energy levels.
Hahahaha this

MITCHAPAL00ZA
06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
I got a guy who hangs out in the alley behind my gym. hooks me up with my weekly creatine and protein fix

joregorn
06-27-2012, 05:10 PM
I guess i had overlooked one simple factor, the number of servings i use in each shake. Its generally about 2 for about a ~700ml shake, but i guess i could reduce it.

And with respect to consumption of fish; im trying to get into that direction but growing up i've never been fond of the smell or taste of it.

Will work on those two aspects, thanks for input.
If your dedicated you will force down the fish and live with it. I eat a lot of food I don't enjoy ,but at the end of the day its how bad you want it.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
This is interesting

I find the notion to be incospicious as you do.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
If your dedicated you will force down the fish and live with it. I eat a lot of food I don't enjoy ,but at the end of the day its how bad you want it.

Appreciate the consolidated effort. Here's some measly reps.

P.s. Actually i dont think i can rep anyone with 0 rep lol.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
i got a guy who hangs out in the alley behind my gym. Hooks me up with my weekly creatine and protein fix

lol in rl

Bucknut8084
06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
This thread can't be serious. It has to be a troll account.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:21 PM

I would, without hesitation whole heartedly agree with you.

Yet on the other hand, it can denoted that my physiological response to the substance every morning is quite evident.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:22 PM
This thread can't be serious. It has to be a troll account.

No im srs.

The logical explanation ive been able to conclude with is that people with similar consumption habits resort to a cheaper brand of whey.

UncleWade
06-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I would, without hesitation whole heartedly agree with you.

Yet on the other hand, it can denoted that my physiological response to the substance every morning is quite evident.

There is a well-documented phenomena called the placebo effect.

No im srs.

The logical explanation ive been able to conclude with is that people with similar consumption habits resort to a cheaper brand of whey.

Your case seems quite extraordinary - I cannot think of another instance when someone else on this message board has reported using whey as a stimulatory "crutch".

Hansolo261
06-27-2012, 05:41 PM
If you consuming 4 to 5 shakes per day and eating you might be consuming to much protein. Shakes should be limited to 1 or 2 per day. While shakes help you get you protein macro, they often lack in micro nutrients.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
There is a well-documented phenomena called the placebo effect.

Your case seems quite extraordinary - I cannot think of another instance when someone else on this message board has reported using whey as a stimulatory "crutch".

I should of noted this earlier, but the whey i use, mocha cap. has ~25mg of caf. per serving. On the other hand, consuming drinks with caf, such as a latte or tea in the morning doesn't produce the same effect.

persistent2012
06-27-2012, 05:45 PM
If you consuming 4 to 5 shakes per day and eating you might be consuming to much protein. Shakes should be limited to 1 or 2 per day. While shakes help you get you protein macro, they often lack in micro nutrients.

I agree, and i clarified that a bit.

By servings, i meant actual # of scoops, so 4 servings (~30g ea) = ~2 shakes per day (2 servings per ~900ml shake)