PDA

View Full Version : Looking for stack advice

dewnhew
06-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Okay, I'm 43 and relatively non-knowledgeable anymore. 20 years ago I could spout studies and knew the companies and products ... Now, not so much. This post is admittedly a bit long for the tldr type folks (like myself) out there here is your warning :)

Since knowing my diet is crucial to understanding if the stack is any good, lets start there. My diet is a low GI/slow carb based. I start a meal with approx. 35 grams of some kind of lean protein then add in the veggies and often brown rice. Thus my meal in terms of volume is very heavy on the green veggies. I will eat 4 or sometimes 5 of these a day, eating when I start to feel hungry.

That said, what I'm considering is:
1) multis ... Often from GNC but lately I've been taking the lifetime fitness brand and really like them. I'm wondering about the "animal pack" I've seen talked about here on the forums though.

2) I get the least expensive whey protein I can find at Walmart. My diet already has plenty of protein so I'm not sure I really need the expense of a micronized whey but I'd like thoughts on this. Also I know that the protein I get generally has a fairly high sugar and fat content but my diet is so thin in simple sugar and fat that I also "think" my diet has the room for it. Generally I take this in the morning as a sort of breakfast. Eating solid food within 30 minutes of waking up doesn't work for me anymore like it used to.

3) muscle meds arimatest ... Just starting this stacked with bio forge from biotivia. The first is really an estrogen blocker/aromatase inhibitor... Important for my age and the second a test booster. I figured they would work well together but would like advice from those more knowledgeable.

4) muscle techs neurocore for the nitric oxide. After going through the forum I understand that many of you can't stand this company and for what seems pretty solid reasons so looking for advice on a replacement to this one. I'm nearly out so now is a good time for advice here specifically. Edit: digging into neurocore more closely is we there isnt ANY nitric in this product and the pump is coming from arginine instead. Is it really too much to ask that a GNC sales person know their products? SO, I'm looking for some kind of nitric oxide supp as well I guess.

5) I've been VERY slow to respond to Creatine in the past so I don't have this in my stack. I'm not exactly a non-responder but I have to take so much that even cheap creatine becomes a bit pricey for me when I take enough to do anything. However it's been probably 10 years since I've taken any so it's possible the science has improved here. Any thoughts?

My workout is 3 times a week of fairly high intensity with a tabata workout thrown in there of the highest possible intensity I can muster.

Lastly, as far as goals go, I'm going into go into a cut phase to reduce my body fat thus the diet I talked about above.

Stats:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185
Fat percentage: 22%

Again, any help/advice on the stack is appreciated.

dewnhew
06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Really looking for help from those of you on the forum more knowledgable than I.

RaginAzN
06-27-2012, 08:53 PM
If you really wanna lose fat diet is #1 go here and learn more about calorie counting and macro management...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

1) Multi-vitamin: I suggest you get on Orange Triad: High quality form of vitamin/minerals, immune/digestive complex and joint/flex support. You're getting older (no offense) so joint support will only help.

2) Go with whatever protein you can afford/taste good as protein is nice for when you can fulfill your protein requirement with whole food.

3) Bioforge is a good testbooster, don't know much about the arimatest so hopefully others will chime in.

4) If you're looking for a good preworkout I would suggest White Flood, Maximize Intense or Pre-Surge Unleashed. You can get a free sample of White Flood here...

★FREE SAMPLES HERE★:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142254641

5) Also creatine is probably the #1 proven supplement on the market. Most people don't really feel creatine when they are on it but it's most evident when they are off as they'll probably feel weaker. It is beneficial while on a bulk or cut, while on a cut it helps to maintain strength level. Thus it doesn't have to get expensive as you can get some Allmax Crepure Creatine for $20 for 200 servings or you can go the Green Magnitude route which is our designer creatine which has endurance/focus benefits and taste damn good. (This too is also available in the free sample link I provided above, also free to try out.)

^^Also throw in some fish oil like Oximega Fish Oil as it is a great general overall health products...read more about the benefit of fish oil here http://fishoilbenefit.net/ But basically if your goal is to lose weight I suggest to go back to the first link I gave you and really read/understand/utilize it and you will have success. Also 3 days of workout to me just seems to little, try to aim at 4-5 times a week if possible.

So all in all this is stack I would recommend...

Multivitamin: Orange Triad
Fish Oil: Oximega
Preworkout: White Flood, Maximize Intense or Presurge Unleashed
Creatine: Green Magnitude or Allmax Creapure

dewnhew
06-27-2012, 09:14 PM
If you really wanna lose fat diet is #1 go here and learn more about calorie counting and macro management...

My diet is already very low cal and most cals are slow carbs. My actual weight is holding steady but my body fat is dropping ... I'm getting definition in my abs and I'm still +20% ... But dropping quick though :)

1) Multi-vitamin: I suggest you get on Orange Triad: High quality form of vitamin/minerals, immune/digestive complex and joint/flex support. You're getting older (no offense) so joint support will only help.
Definitely agree with you here! I'm ex military and quite beat up from it on top of a severe accident that jacked up a few other joints. I am taking a joint maintenance now but definitely will check out your suggestion as I would rather the joint end be combined with the rest of the vitamins to make sure I don't get too much of something.

3) Bioforge is a good testbooster, don't know much about the arimatest so hopefully others will chime in.

And how does it compare with anotest from muscle tech? Another thread has been giving some good reviews now that they've changed their business model.

4) If you're looking for a good preworkout I would suggest White Flood, Maximize Intense or Pre-Surge Unleashed. You can get a free sample of White Flood here...
Again a ton of thanks! I will give these a look.

5) Thus it doesn't have to get expensive as you can get some Allmax Crepure Creatine for $20 for 200 servings or you can go the Green Magnitude route which is our designer creatine which has endurance/focus benefits and taste damn good. (This too is also available in the free sample link I provided above, also free to try out.)
Will give the allmax a shot. I know enough of the science that Creatine makes sense to try again. 10 years ago I stopped when I had a blood test that showed blood level of the two things Creatine supposed to increase not much higher than my baseline.

^^Also throw in some fish oil like Oximega Fish Oil.

Can't believe I didn't think of this one myself! Definitely will add.

Also 3 days of workout to me just seems to little, try to aim at 4-5 times a week if possible.

It is 4 times now. 3 days in the gym and a fourth day doing the tabata ... Looking at my op I see I didn't explain that well (as in the explanation stunk)

Multivitamin: Orange Triad
Fish Oil: Oximega
Preworkout: White Flood, Maximize Intense or Presurge Unleashed
Creatine: Green Magnitude or Allmax Creapure

Thanks a ton for the reply. I will absolutely take a look at what you recommend.

RaginAzN
06-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes definitely take a look at the Orange Triad considering it's a nice all in 1 product and at a great price to boot, a lot of people are on it and it helped the majority of them with their joint problems. Also I don't have experience with Anotest but I do have experience with Aen Ape and it worked wonderfully for me with blood work to prove it indeed boost test, you can find more info on it here...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144074851

Also good job on losing weight, keep it up.