PDA

View Full Version : Labrada Hi-Protein Cookie Roll vs VPX Zero Impact Bars

Spork3245
06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Which do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a high-calorie alternative to quest bars (don't worry, getting 3 boxes of quest + one of these :p) and can't decide between the two. The Labrada are $19, the Zero Impact are $22, both are 12 count boxes.

ajvitan
06-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Which do you guys recommend? I'm looking for a high-calorie alternative to quest bars (don't worry, getting 3 boxes of quest + one of these :p) and can't decide between the two. The Labrada are $19, the Zero Impact are $22, both are 12 count boxes.

Both are good. But in terms of flavor I have to give the edge to the VPX ZI Pumpkin Bars.

E_P_C
06-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Definitely the zero impact pumpkin bars

TMac26
06-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the support bros!

Like others have said, ZI Impact Pumpkin Supreme are off the chain!

Corey_Ellis
06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
ZI Pumpkin are delicious.

JayLS1-327
06-27-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm a huge fan of the PB&J ZI's

Spork3245
06-27-2012, 05:03 PM
Not gonna lie, something tells me I'm not gonna like the pumpkin, I mean I like pumpkin pie, but not that much and I don't want to risk buying 12 of them if I'm not sure :p - Was looking at either ChocPB or German Choc for the ZI bars, still good?

NorCalMike
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Labrada Bars. Very tasty.

TMac26
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Not gonna lie, something tells me I'm not gonna like the pumpkin, I mean I like pumpkin pie, but not that much and I don't want to risk buying 12 of them if I'm not sure :p - Was looking at either ChocPB or German Choc for the ZI bars, still good?

German Chocolate are my next best favorite.

E_P_C
06-27-2012, 06:01 PM
German Chocolate are my next best favorite.IMO the Pumpkin are 2x as good, havent tried the PB&J yet though

TMac26
06-27-2012, 06:03 PM
IMO the Pumpkin are 2x as good, havent tried the PB&J yet though

I personally haven't had the PB & J yet either, but have heard nothing but good reviews.

Pumpkin is far and away my favorite so far. I don't think its going to be topped.

Zachattack43
06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
I just had the raz cheesecake and cinnamon roll Labrada bars. I thought the Cinnamon roll was the best of the 2, however I believe the VPX bar is a better bang for my buck. That is just my 2 cents.

nugget5
06-28-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm a huge fan of the PB&J ZI's

Honestly I love the PB&J ones, not everyone agrees but I love em :D

ajvitan
06-28-2012, 03:44 PM
German Chocolate are my next best favorite.

YUP. German choco is great.

Spork3245
07-09-2012, 11:38 AM
So I wanted to bump this as I said "screw it" and bought both: VPX Zero Impact German Chocolate and Labrada Cookie Roll: Cookie Dough flavor.

I tried them both. Both taste awesome, the VPX is definitely better cold IMO and tastes almost just like German Chocolate Cake... However, the Labrada... Holy crap is that good when put in the microwave for 10 seconds. It tastes like warm cookie dough.
I'll honestly keep buying both as a higher-calorie alternative to quest bars, but if it came down to it I think the Labrada may actually be better, though it's extremely close. I'll have to try some more flavors before deciding :D

ChrisLS8
07-09-2012, 11:42 AM
The raspberry cheesecake is my favorite Labrada flavor

SwolenONE
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Both are great but I prefer ZI.

Zachattack43
07-09-2012, 06:45 PM
So I wanted to bump this as I said "screw it" and bought both: VPX Zero Impact German Chocolate and Labrada Cookie Roll: Cookie Dough flavor.

I tried them both. Both taste awesome, the VPX is definitely better cold IMO and tastes almost just like German Chocolate Cake... However, the Labrada... Holy crap is that good when put in the microwave for 10 seconds. It tastes like warm cookie dough.
I'll honestly keep buying both as a higher-calorie alternative to quest bars, but if it came down to it I think the Labrada may actually be better, though it's extremely close. I'll have to try some more flavors before deciding :D

How odd one would say VPX tastes better room temp vs. microwave for 10seconds. Labrada is sweeter, but most the time I tend to lean towards the VPX bars.

NorCalMike
07-09-2012, 06:55 PM
You loved the Cookie dough Labrada bar and that's actually considered one of the lesser flavors! That's how great their flavors are. Haven't had that one as I picked up a ton of the Iced Brownie. It's amazing. Have a box of Razz cheesecake too that I'm looking to try.

I have Quest Cinnamon Roll bars now and the Labrada bars blow them away!! The Iced Brownie tastes like a real brownie from the oven when microwaved. srs. They are filling too.

Zachattack43
07-09-2012, 06:57 PM
You loved the Cookie dough Labrada bar and that's actually considered one of the lesser flavors! That's how great their flavors are. Haven't had that one as I picked up a ton of the Iced Brownie. It's amazing. Have a box of Razz cheesecake too that I'm looking to try.

I have Quest Cinnamon Roll bars now and the Labrada bars blow them away!! They are filling too.

Quest vs. Labrada bars or anything else is not a fair fight. Quest bars are about as healthy and clean as you can get in regards to a good protein bar.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m37fbefigA1qam69vo1_500.gif

NorCalMike
07-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Quest vs. Labrada bars or anything else is not a fair fight. Quest bars are about as healthy and clean as you can get in regards to a good protein bar.

No it's not a fair fight but I was letdown big-time with the Cinnamon Roll Quest bars. The first box I ever bought. I tried eating it and thought a tooth might pop out cause it was so hard! It was a jaw workout. Unlike the Labrada bars, there was no notice on the wrapper to say to microwave so I just ate it. Even when I started microwaving them, the flavor sucked. It didn't have much flavor and was too chewy.

I couldn't believe these were the bars everyone recommended. They were bad imo. But I decided a few days ago to give them another shot and picked up some LCP ones that should be arriving soon. We'll see if these are better.

Zachattack43
07-09-2012, 07:04 PM
No it's not a fair fight but I was letdown big-time with the Cinnamon Roll Quest bars. The first box I ever bought. I tried eating it and thought a tooth might pop out cause it was so hard! It was a jaw workout. Unlike the Labrada bars, there was no notice on the wrapper to say to microwave so I just ate it. Even when I started microwaving them, the flavor sucked. It didn't have much flavor and was too chewy.

I couldn't believe these were the bars everyone recommended. They were bad imo. But I decided a few days ago to give them another shot and picked up some LCP ones that should be arriving soon. We'll see if these are better.

It isnt so much the taste as it is the profile and the simple ingredients in the bar that anyone can read/understand.

NorCalMike
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
It isnt so much the taste as it is the profile and the simple ingredients in the bar that anyone can read/understand.

That's true. I just expected more from all the hype. I'm giving them another shot, but Labrada and Dyma Gourmet bars (good profile imo) are my fav for now.

First Chevy Chase gif I've seen, nice!

Zachattack43
07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
That's true. I just expected more from all the hype. I'm giving them another shot, but Labrada and Dyma Gourmet bars (good profile imo) are my fav for now.

First Chevy Chase gif I've seen, nice!

I can understand, but I think more people were talking about them due those bars are very different we have ever seen.