PDA

View Full Version : How do i properly take my weight gainer? (Supernoob :( )

Jumperjatt
06-27-2012, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post so I'm sorry if it doesn't belong here or if I'm doing something wrong!

My concern is how to effectively take my weight gainer. Im currently on the last week of my creatine cycle, and I'm also taking whey protein post workout, and casein before bed. I weigh 184 pounds at the moment and have been trying to get it to 200lbs for quite some time now. The weight gainer I'm taking is

Optimum pro complex gainer in double chocolate. It won't let me post the link :s
each scoop has 650 calories, 70 from fat, and 60 grams of protein. Im currently consuming around 190grams of protein (give or take a bit depending on what i eat)

I know some say its bad, but i have such a fast metabolism that putting on weight for me is harder than actually working out lol. I noticed when i took the weight gainer before (I've stopped for a couple months now) it started to turn to fat on my stomach and pudge rather than "lean mass" even with training 5 times a week and with a proper diet. my main concern is it was because i completely cut out cardio as i want to put on weight. Should I continue using the gainer, and add in cardio? should I take half servings? what time of the day should i take it? Also if you know of any other supplements which i should be taking to overall help me pu ton lean mass and show results let me know! I know supplements aren't gonna do it for me, believe me I'm motivated and have been for the past year. I added 30lbs since last august but have since plateaued.

Oh and since i stopped the weight gainer i did cut down most of the fat that resulted from it :D. Any help is great help, technically I'm still a beginner and I'm pretty darn unsure about what to do :(

Corey_Ellis
06-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Weight gainers are just liquid calories. No different than getting calories from a lot of food.

Consume it whenever you want.

I'd opt for real food, though.

rtpurdum
06-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Weight gainers are just liquid calories. No different than getting calories from a lot of food.

Consume it whenever you want.

I'd opt for real food, though.

^^^^ I second this. Also is there any reason you are cycling creatine? As there is no reason to.

jhouser
06-27-2012, 12:54 PM
The fat gain you mentioned while taking the weight gainer came from a caloric surpluse; your daily calories from whole foods + the gainer resulted in more calories than you expended each day (TEE, total energy expenditure)

When you lost weight after discontinuing the use, it was because you were on a caloric deficit.

For best results, realize that a weight gainer should only be used in conjunction with a diet to help reach daily caloric and macronutrient needs.