PDA

View Full Version : Alpha

2nd_chance
06-26-2012, 07:17 PM
We have an Irish Wolfhound (like the one in the pic below) and a hairless chiuaua (among other dogs) and the when the IW takes a wiz on the ground, the HC comes up next to it and wizzes on the IW's leg. Every time LOL. The HC is so alpha it's not even funny.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images15/IrishWolfhoundFrankBrendan.JPG

Oceanside
06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
is your Irish Wolfhound that big ?

dbx
06-26-2012, 07:29 PM
is your Irish Wolfhound that big ?

Pretty personal to ask that, bro.

bigvin73
06-26-2012, 07:31 PM
We have an Irish Wolfhound (like the one in the pic below) and a hairless chiuaua (among other dogs) and the when the IW takes a wiz on the ground, the HC comes up next to it and wizzes on the IW's leg. Every time LOL. The HC is so alpha it's not even funny.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images15/IrishWolfhoundFrankBrendan.JPG

Just be careful the IW doesn't have a bad day or your down 1 alpha HC real quick. I have 4 dogs 3are giant breeds 1 is just large and he's 100lbs. I am the alpha my kids and wife are alpha my dogs are followers.
My question is would it be cute if the IW was alpha or would you worry?

2nd_chance
06-26-2012, 07:43 PM
is your Irish Wolfhound that big ?Well he's a pup still but just a little smaller than that one. He'll be at least that big in 2-3 more months.

2nd_chance
06-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Just be careful the IW doesn't have a bad day or your down 1 alpha HC real quick. I have 4 dogs 3are giant breeds 1 is just large and he's 100lbs. I am the alpha my kids and wife are alpha my dogs are followers.
My question is would it be cute if the IW was alpha or would you worry?The HC gets up in his face barking and snapping all day. The IW could swallow him whole.

pvsampson
06-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Yep the IW is a big dog,but little dogs are still dogs.

As to any possible concerns with large dogs,they were bred to be tolerant,otherwise they would not be family dogs.

A dog does what a dog is taught to do!

Oceanside
06-26-2012, 08:09 PM
Pretty personal to ask that, bro.

I have a friend who has a great dane (large dog) that died in her living room...

by all accounts they had a hard time hauling it out the front door of her house....

my question was valid !

dbx
06-26-2012, 08:26 PM
I have a friend who has a great dane (large dog) that died in her living room...

by all accounts they had a hard time hauling it out the front door of her house....

my question was valid !

Understood, but I just don't discuss the size of my wolfhound in an open forum. Just sayin'....

Oceanside
06-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Understood, but I just don't discuss the size of my wolfhound in an open forum. Just sayin'....

this thread is officially open to discuss dbx's hairless Chihuahua !

bigvin73
06-26-2012, 08:36 PM

I'm confused so dbx shaves and has a chihuahua? Didn't he say he hab an Irish wolfhound?

dbx
06-26-2012, 08:38 PM

LOFL!!! :D :D :D

But seriously, I told you not to share that...um..shaving incident :mad:

2nd_chance
06-26-2012, 09:51 PM

my question was valid !I carry big dead dogs to the freezer in the garage building all the time...............

acrawlingchaos
06-26-2012, 10:53 PM
True story.... I pissed on my dogs piss to assert my authority when I first got him.

Cuzz I'm alpha like that.

Oceanside
06-26-2012, 11:01 PM
True story.... I pissed on my dogs piss to assert my authority when I first got him.
Cuzz I'm alpha like that.

that's double Alpha-ness right there

pvsampson
06-26-2012, 11:46 PM
True story.... I pissed on my dogs piss.

Cuzz I like that.

asdf

dazlittle
06-27-2012, 03:17 AM

My little female rotty mounts my male Rotty and tries to hump him, The look on her face when she does it is the funniest thing I've ever seen, Its like yeah take that boy with a bit of I don't know why I'm doing this really!!